What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I hope this counts. If not please delete. Got my 1st Opie the other day and I've been making it all mine lol

2937e5c1d1e51e93e697b2c0acaa28ba.jpg

abec37e7d3142ed9793830c18f6e0986.jpg

08d49a4f5caf624607d5b763f3fd624f.jpg

Resident assistant thread jacker

Today it's a GEC #77 Yankee Jack in Sunbrite Acrylic. I really have taken a liking to the size and the two blades of the Yankee Jack!

26d47c2fc459c7fd91bcfcf533031a6a.jpg
My WRCase Small Saddle horn with Damascus Steel with Barn Board Natural Bone. My favorite knife.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The weekend to myself that I was hoping for a couple weeks ago may finally be in front of me. As it is I've had some time after work to get caught up at home, so I only find myself skipping a day or two checking on the porch lately. :rolleyes:

Yesterday (Tuesday's carry) right around sundown, my very first opportunity to step away and disconnect -- first time carrying the #40 Case dogleg trapper but doubtlessly not the last:

For Wooden Wednesday, I brought along a few saplings:

Today I carried my fresh from the package Doc Hagen Lanny's Clip that I won in MT Damascus's contest. I took it geocaching with the kids, and while looking for the cache I overturned a small log that was laying on the ground. Hiding underneath was this little salamander that wasn't quite ready to end his hibernation. I snapped a quick picture and then tucked him back where I found him.

The streaks on the blade are from the oil that I wiped on it and didn't do a very good job of wiping off before leaving the house. It's a shame that I didn't realize this until we got home.

After couple of barlow days, I want to have a little variation with the powderhorn again.

J52omMq.jpg

This being said, I think I have to buy beer horn in Munchen this year. ;)

12993336_10153327435526601_1366724784485353972_n.jpg

At work, in pocket was my craftsmen barlow...love the steel bolsters, the aged look is so much better than shiny nickel silver.

- woohoo.........it's warming up here in UK, quick trip on the Harley this morning...

IMG_4222.jpg

AG Russell premium scout with my city knife today.

Always enjoy seeing the AGR Scout, Tom, especially in that black/white combo! :cool:

80ef04404131d68bde877f424113c02f.jpg

Hump day!...
(Splendor in the grass x 2) x 2!! Vivid pics of voluptuous knives! The crimson humpbacks are HOT! :thumbup:

Another vintage restore in the pocket today!
Outstanding, Ernie! :thumbup:

Case CV Sowbelly, been liking this one a lot. Need to take a better photo, but photobucket app is not cooperating much these days.
Quintessential sowbelly, BC! :thumbup:

A duplicitous post from the Doc Knife thread... :)

26325505841_6b24cb32ba_c.jpg
A little wooden Wednesday. I love split-backs and the swell-centered variety are amongst my favorite.

26414440195_89cc428726_c.jpg
Vibrant pics of quality knives, Joe! That Conductor is especially appealing! :thumbup:

Took these to the YMCA and then coffee this morning with my friends and then back to my regular of the 73 and 77

Harry
Looks like the workout at the Y was exceptionally valuable for those knives, Harry! They look very fit! ;)

Today I'm carrying a TC Barlow and a Vic Cadet.

Nhxxiixl.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.
That’s a wholesome black/red pair, Ken! :cool:

This one again. It's become a real habit!:D:thumbup:

image.jpeg
World-class knife and photo, Robb! :thumbup:

I carried one of my favorite TCs today. Spear points look so classic.

Wholesome knife, worthy of your favor, Dean! :thumbup: Spearpoints rule! :D

OK, that pretty much leaves me weak in the knees!! :eek: Unforgettable knife, Brett! :thumbup:

Ol' "Gum Fuddy" again.

dc59d3ba39603a613d737f14c1bf836a.jpg

…
Well-groomed canoe, P in B! :cool:

A young Coyote and an old Terrier are hanging around together:

I'm really liking the blade shape on this Jack. I'm calling it a modified spear.
I thought your first line was the start of a joke, Rachel, but instead it’s a photo of terrific canine-ish twins! :cool:

IMG_1694copy2_zps469ffff8.jpg

Sent from my computer, on my desk, in my study, at home.
Well-kept, wonderful Uncle Henry, deskil, :thumbup: and your “bottom line” cracked me up! :D

^ I like your dark side tax themed carries GT :thumbup:

I am totin' some blue today in support of the St. Louis Blues pro hockey team, who will likely be eliminated in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Thanks, Tom. :) Good luck to you and your Blues! :thumbup: My Red Wings squeaked into the play-offs again to keep their streak of consecutive postseason appearances alive at 25, but I don’t expect them to last long. :(

IMG_9496%20950x594_zps583gyr97.jpg

The MAM sheepsfoot is helping me today.
Great to see that useful knife, Duane; thanks for recommending it to me! :thumbup:

Newly arrived Davison today
Davison%2002.JPG
I don’t think of myself as a single-blade fan or a clip-blade fan, but that knife is an unrivaled mind-changer!! Striking! :thumbup:

Looks splendiferous! :cool: I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that brand.

Fantastic Forum knife, jrawk! :cool:

A Northfield Harness Jack…

image_zpsebplb3mm.jpeg
Wondrous 85! Love the color! :cool:

I hope this counts. If not please delete. Got my 1st Opie the other day and I've been making it all mine lol
abec37e7d3142ed9793830c18f6e0986.jpg

Unique mods! :cool: I'd enjoy hearing some details about what you did to the wood, and how you got the unusual patina.

Thanks for the nice comments, GT. I like the Pioneer; I also have one of those. Looks nice in black. :)

I carried this one for Wooden Wednesday.

Thanks, Dean. :) I like the Pioneer a lot, but I think I like my Electrician even more; trading the can opener for a sheepsfoot blade is definitely a winning move in my book. Sumptuous wood TC! :thumbup:

Yesterday (Tuesday's carry) right around sundown, my very first opportunity to step away and disconnect -- first time carrying the #40 Case dogleg trapper but doubtlessly not the last:

For Wooden Wednesday, I brought along a few saplings:

Great knives, TB; my favorite is that big old canoe! :thumbup: Hope you get the relaxing weekend you're predicting.

Today I carried my fresh from the package Doc Hagen Lanny's Clip that I won in MT Damascus's contest. I took it geocaching with the kids, and while looking for the cache I overturned a small log that was laying on the ground. Hiding underneath was this little salamander that wasn't quite ready to end his hibernation. I snapped a quick picture and then tucked him back where I found him.

Congrats on your sublime new Lanny's Clip, Cory, and thanks for sharing the cool picture! :thumbup::cool:

After couple of barlow days, I want to have a little variation with the powderhorn again.

J52omMq.jpg

This being said, I think I have to buy beer horn in Munchen this year. ;)
Stylish Powderhorn, A.L.! :thumbup: I had to google "Munich beer horn" because I didn't recognize the term; I can see why you want to get one to complement your knife! Very cool! :cool:

More of the knives I'm carrying this week:
2-blade Imperial toothpick, just like Grandpa used to carry
0G8J7F6l.jpg

Case swayback jack
yPYaOM8l.jpg

Kutmaster stockman
tN8x4djl.jpg

- GT

This little H&R Whittler snuck into my pocket again this morning. It made an appearance here last week, and it just keeps ending up in my hand. I'm not sure if it's the shape, the balance, or the feel of the old reclaimed white oak from whiskey barrels. I can't put my finger on why, but I really like this knife.

Back