What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ccheezy

ccheezy

Mar 15, 2015
  2. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    With me for the weekend.

[​IMG]

3. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Swapping one 38 for another. Very diverse set of blades with this setup. The farmer jack is a real shocker, that large hawk bill actual feels good whike using the secondary blade.

[​IMG]

4. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Great lookin' kitty, just noticed it was a rescued feral cat or she got her ear tip ran over by a rockin' chair. ;)

Primble, love the Ebony and Ivory, always makes for a great photo op. :)

Great show for wooden Wednesday, seemed like everyone had some Knice wood yesterday ;) :) .

Gary, your stag looks beautiful knarly's knice, great pics sir.

Went to go visit my buddy today, he had a hernia operation yesterday and he's never been under before so this was a major surgery, his first so I told him and promised his fiance I'd check on him and see if he needed anything. I brought him a sandwich.

I did have this pair with me today, I've been rotatin' through the forum knives the last couple of weeks tryin' to decide which one I like the best and of course the one I like the most today was the 2015 CSC Serpentine Jack and I love the Loveless/Lone Wolf city knife, the Wharncliffe blade is functionalart. :)

[​IMG]

5. deskil

deskil

Dec 26, 2012
    Your pearl knife has a ghostly, quirky smile. :cool:

6. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Haha K or G it's still a good grip and thanks folks, I'm very very happy with this one, so far :) while the overall blade grinds could have been better, some dips and skips along the planes, it is still a solid folder and quite sharp.
    G2

7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Fantastic!!!

That is one fine wife you have;):D

:cool: I suspect Moneypenny took notice :D

She was a catch and release little ball of fur I found under my truck on a winter night. It was love at first sight. I can say the same thing about that city knife:D
    Thanks and it put one on my face too, des:D

Just got done with work and there was an old Catt in the mailbox. It weighs a ton At 4 & 1/4 ":eek:

8. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Sak
    Taylor made 8OT in Iron wood.
    IMPERIAL lock back
    OT 340.

9. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    This Black Box Stockman has found it's way into my pocket again.
    [​IMG]

10. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

11. sshakari

sshakari

Apr 27, 2003
    Classy combo!

12. TsarBomba

TsarBomba Banned BANNED

Jan 10, 2015
    The Wharncliffe single-blade mini-trapper is quite a neat little knife, even with composite handles. I absolutely love the bone-handled Carhartts, I think I'm going to lose my internal war over getting one of those sowbellies very soon. :eek:

I was positive my big Case #75 was going to be my "knife of 2016" but the #18 might have other plans.

These comments are both highly relevant to my chosen cutters for tomorrow, 2 of my newest arrivals. ;)

[​IMG]

:p :D :cool:

For the pivotal Game 5 against the kitty cats, Friday's carry could only be in Isles blue and orange:

[​IMG]

As for tomorrow's Stag Saturday -- my latest #18 arrived and immediately joined the Queen cigar and Case Carhartt stockman:

[​IMG]

The cat wanted in on the action but quickly grew bored... I'm just glad she's feeling better after a scary day earlier this week.

[​IMG]

Have a great weekend, everyone! Will endeavor to finish the GAW and make progress catching up on responses tomorrow. :eek:

13. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011

I appreciated that sshakari:D Now if Primble can find it in his catalog (#22919) It is a little worse from use over the years but after some work it should be a fine piece. Cattaraugus English Jack:thumbup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  14. biomed

biomed Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

15. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

This out and about, but I realized I lost an old 1910 - 1912 single spring warncliff I've had some years. Kinda bummed cause not much has gone right lately (maybe it'll turn up). :(

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Smashing Gev! :) :thumbup:

Great pic :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that, hope it turns up :thumbup:

17. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

Rockin the merc today

18. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    The Eureka today:cool: enjoy your Saturday everyone:thumbup:

[​IMG]

19. Primble

Primble

Mar 31, 2014
    Very nice Mr. Jack ! :thumbup::)

Thank you and your forum knife is a real looker. Beautiful wood !!! :thumbup::)

The REGULATOR:

That big ole knife sure is purty my friend ! :thumbup::)

Looks like they made one with standard bolsters and one version a little fancier. Seems like Catt liked to use the word stag instead of bone in the year 1922. ;):D :

[​IMG]

Maybe the flower etch and fancy bolsters meant they were toning down the "man size" jargon a bit. ;):D:D

You could always replace the radish with a flower in upcoming photos of it. ;):D

[​IMG]

Nice finds Paul ! :thumbup::)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  20. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you Jack! I hope you woke up feeling strong this morning, my friend. The bathroom plumbing finish work had be bending like a contortionist:D

A fine choice indeed, A.L.!! Svelt

You are indeed a gentleman and a scholar, my friend. Wow...wow..wow!!! It is so stimulating to see the catalog shots and the etch on the fancy one:eek: The Regulator...:cool: That name led me off down some cool rabbit holes....The Lincoln County Regulators..huh
    Thank you a ton for the work you did on this and the big smile you gave me!!:D This is what the porch is all about. I am grateful.