What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you Jack! I hope you woke up feeling strong this morning, my friend. The bathroom plumbing finish work had be bending like a contortionist:D

A fine choice indeed, A.L.!! Svelt

You are indeed a gentleman and a scholar, my friend. Wow...wow..wow!!! It is so stimulating to see the catalog shots and the etch on the fancy one:eek: The Regulator...:cool: That name led me off down some cool rabbit holes....The Lincoln County Regulators..huh
Thank you a ton for the work you did on this and the big smile you gave me!!:D This is what the porch is all about. I am grateful.
Hmmm an Otter not K55k... have to look that up- yes snd buy one....[emoji6]

Sent by P F M !

My rehandled Camillus is holding up well while I do a bit of yardwork today:

And something classy for the seder tonight:

Your stag jack looks well loved Rachel. I like the pocket slip also...

Here's my carry for today, not sure what the choice will be for tomorrow.

Very nice everyone!

Terrific pair of pairs rockgolfer.

Great knife W.M.B. . You inspired me to carry this J. Askham & Son, Sheffield, for Stag Saturday today.

iAIUAWQl.jpg

vyEuuarl.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.

The Wharncliffe single-blade mini-trapper is quite a neat little knife, even with composite handles. I absolutely love the bone-handled Carhartts, I think I'm going to lose my internal war over getting one of those sowbellies very soon. :eek:

I was positive my big Case #75 was going to be my "knife of 2016" but the #18 might have other plans.

These comments are both highly relevant to my chosen cutters for tomorrow, 2 of my newest arrivals. ;)

[emoji14]:D :cool:

For the pivotal Game 5 against the kitty cats, Friday's carry could only be in Isles blue and orange:

As for tomorrow's Stag Saturday -- my latest #18 arrived and immediately joined the Queen cigar and Case Carhartt stockman:

The cat wanted in on the action but quickly grew bored... I'm just glad she's feeling better after a scary day earlier this week.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Will endeavor to finish the GAW and make progress catching up on responses tomorrow. :eek:
That single blade trapper is tempting, but I have already lost my internal war and pulled the trigger on a single blade Sowbelly in black g10.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

So...the Big Brother arrived last week...
qE9rQjq.png

and the fraternal twin arrived today...
o8x2xJG.png

gonna take the boys out tomorrow for a stroll. They ain't Charlie's pretty SFO Cranberry...but they shure are pretty. I'm good!
Heavy Metal!! :eek::thumbup: The bull (steer?) head shields are amazing!

This LB whittler today and most of the time the past month or so

vZTYnd_naN8BPqax558UCi4rJHxe1tTLKrkofuDWN8Zd06NFBJw4vrTp0L5Dzpfguow1zu-tQyVAXVjePOfNGjGdBWB2DrvZMs9emAXC_8DbyfTg6FdyP3lwYJsxF1AgCGqWihUdgcOtRJsaXCdQSZv1GFjaQCBd9O1CnIcshSH3_rT8sPSR_GSBdSd38WWpLpmuAhyM94s83SZZk6kntrJXiof4lhJKIRb8gF3kpPmgVI8-YdWvoD2p1-W1eWgW1n13xkHchiYQbGDMaMxjI-q9BR_Bx_wSpMdSB7JPucVEAMjVOIfyW9IkcmeqY2Y0hr-A-VPWl3Ob1VbY4xlk7iqxX9wwqiGREkjxGLSphNS6UP2iMLHngGjhu1mvqXiGz0EHCfD_xzW5G63PkiDf3oA_OdKbZlY25UiF7vXASG726bVSZQV3cenFHgwzTwm-XW6_E0b-aRiww7PlKcoCj3DMVE1xwgTD4L14Gq5ueqkf9OYsVI4ZkXa88w5Abb05NMMkgVV1H2nqRm2mQSeBLPDEDITM7hTuZgdtJ8hOoqxJv6I6isAzQf3Cti6JQDvt4q2rXA=w483-h643-no

Mike
That's a terrific whittler, Mike! :cool:

I'm staying with all-ebony, and pocketing these two today. Have a great Friday everyone :) :thumbup:

In view of the "upcoming maintenance" to the site, and the time difference, I think I'm going to post the knives I'll be carrying tomorrow before I go to bed! ;) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbup:

Tasteful knives the past 3 days, Jack, including your lambsfoot each day! :cool: But 3 days of dark covers; I hope the back pain isn't permanently changing your mood. Remember the old song by The Who: "The kids couldn't hurt Jack ... They dropped things on his back ... But they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy." :D I'm hoping, and praying, that you can experience daily improvement.

Suit-and-tie day for me, so just a small folder. Can't remember when I last toted my IRJ.

Speaking of the "dark side", you've gone all Johnny Cash for the day, Tom!! :eek: Let's see, here's some ancient rock n roll by Lynyrd Skynyrd, I think: " I've got a pistol in my pocket, I'm Alabama bound."

happy Friday
f620c48a31cf6c246fa6e8a87f315614.jpg
That Esquire/Beverage Scout twosome is too much, jrawk!! :thumbup:

Ten dollar hard snapping No. 11057:
153o1zd.jpg

Hard to find one without a lanyard hole - my three catalogs never showed one with the hole. ;) Patience prevailed. :D

Looks like the original etch got lost on someone's side walk. :D
GT - thank you and I will pick your Boker from this weeks litter. :thumbup::)

Mr. Jack - thank you and if you don't stop showing that lambsfoot around - I am going to be forced into entering your contest GAW. Sorry to hear your back has flared up - have you tried any horse leg linament on it ? - worked for me twenty years back. There were some side effects though. I kept craving oats and apples and snorted a lot. ;):D
I snorted myself, Primble, and I haven't used any linament for ages! :D Thanks for the vote of confidence for my Boker linesman knife. Congrats on that tasty ten-buck hawkbill! :cool:

Thanks for the comments Primble, Gev and Gary. Gary, the other knife was a Norfolk Whittler in mammoth.
Today it's a Camillus Barlow and a Vic Spartan.

mPk5MZ6l.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.
Thanks for helping me learn a little more about covers, Ken. :eek: Usually I'm partial to your SAKs, but today that Barlow grabbed my attention! :thumbup:

As much as I loved being exclusive to the Boker 494, I found the knife being a bit too big. So over the past few days, I have switched over to this little Schrade Mighty Mite.

mighty%20mite_zpsriunhmmf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Trim little knife with big capabilities, Ben! :thumbup: I've been carrying my Chinese version all week, and it's been very satisfying.

This Black Box Stockman has found it's way into my pocket again.
25983752803_8b1a4ed10c_b.jpg
Top shelf stockman, FBC; tremendous patina! :thumbup:

Wow, Gev, that's a transcendent pair you have there! :eek::thumbup: Unusual shield on the knife, and unusual numerical layout on the watch face; very cool!

These comments are both highly relevant to my chosen cutters for tomorrow, 2 of my newest arrivals. ;)

Congrats on those stag beauties, TB; the way you present them, they're pretty tempting models! :thumbup:

f020Tzs.jpg

Rockin the merc today
Great photo, A.L.; that's knife looks like it's quite unique and very useful! :thumbup: (And I'm a sucker for animals, birds, tools, landscapes, feathers, mathematical formulas, etc. pictured on knife handles. ;))

The Eureka today:cool: enjoy your Saturday everyone:thumbup:

O5xHQY.jpg
Good luck, Paul; looks like you're working a double shift today, but the Eureka should be more than capable of handling it! :D

You are indeed a gentleman and a scholar, my friend. Wow...wow..wow!!! It is so stimulating to see the catalog shots and the etch on the fancy one:eek: The Regulator...:cool: That name led me off down some cool rabbit holes....The Lincoln County Regulators..huh
Thank you a ton for the work you did on this and the big smile you gave me!!:D This is what the porch is all about. I am grateful.
Kudos to Primble for tracking down ID for Gev's fantastic old knife! :thumbup: Gev, when I saw "Regulator", I thought of a novel called The Regulators by Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King) which is fairly disturbing (although I'm easily disturbed, I suppose); I could imagine many characters in the novel carrying a big old knife like your Big Catt! :cool:

My rehandled Camillus is holding up well while I do a bit of yardwork today:

And something classy for the seder tonight:
Both look very classy to me, Rachel! :thumbup:

Great knife W.M.B. . You inspired me to carry this J. Askham & Son, Sheffield, for Stag Saturday today.

iAIUAWQl.jpg

Ken K.
Holy Cow, what an unrivalled knife, Ken! Staggering stag and the epitome of a saber grind! :eek::thumbup:

Thanks for the comments on the 71(and the tacos).
I'm carrying the 15 while I start moving.
KVqKAcT.jpg
I hope your move goes well, Erik. Great shot of your 15! :cool:

Very nice everyone!

Terrific pair of pairs rockgolfer.

iAIUAWQl.jpg

vyEuuarl.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.
Wow, that's beautiful. What do you call this pattern?

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

I appreciated that sshakari:D Now if Primble can find it in his catalog (#22919) It is a little worse from use over the years but after some work it should be a fine piece. Cattaraugus English Jack:thumbup:

26494629322_9477139e06_b.jpg

The Radish looks pretty good Gevo !!!! The Old Catt ain't too bad either !!! Verrrrrrrrrrry nice my Friend !!!!

Harry

Thank you Mr. Halfstop - Dixie lookin' good ! :thumbup::D

Thanks my friend! :)

Ron, I enjoy shiny new knives as much as anyone, but the vintage ones like your Barlow are the ones I find surprisingly significant! :thumbup:

- GT

Thank you Gary. :)

Everyday for the last 2 months.
20160421_081231_zpsiut6b2vp.jpg

Nice 77 Old Red Sawcut there :thumbup:

That's a fantastic acquisition, Ron; it looks like a handsome no-nonsense worker! :thumbup:

- GT

Thanks again Gary.:D

I had not posted since Wooden Wednesday. I tried to catch up on a few thank you responses, but I just have to say that there has been a lot of wonderful knives posted this week. :thumbup::D Today I have had this 2014 Stag Jack to keep me company. :D

18163878413_0ffa7a807f_b.jpg

This is the first GEC I bought (early 2009) and probably still my favorite of all of the GEC knives that I have

The Radish looks pretty good Gevo !!!! The Old Catt ain't too bad either !!! Verrrrrrrrrrry nice my Friend !!!!

Harry

The radish was a little one, but was ready. I pulled one for my sister and she ate it right there; like an apple:D Just did a bit of work on the Catt. The main had a big bow in it from improper sharpening technique and needed a lot of work. If I go any more it will look to skinny:(. It has some wobble too but I may be able to fix that a bit. It's still a dandy in my book and Primble helped me love it more with the catalog pages he so graciously posted. Thanks for the kind words my friend

Ron

A fine knife your sporting tonight, Sir!

I am carrying this WH Morley in honor of my father-in-law, who passed away today down in Florida with his daughters by his side. This knife was in his tool chest, and is well used. He didn't really carry a knife on a regular basis, so I am treasuring it. I am glad that he is at peace and not suffering anymore.

I am carrying this WH Morley in honor of my father-in-law, who passed away today down in Florida with his daughters by his side. This knife was in his tool chest, and is well used. He didn't really carry a knife on a regular basis, so I am treasuring it. I am glad that he is at peace and not suffering anymore.

Hate to hear that..

Back