What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

So glad to hear he is doing well:D:thumbup: Its all those walks in that wonderful environment those two beauties get to pose in...wow...great shot!!!

Indeed and many thanks Gevo. Clean air and lots of forest to pee in is the trick. ;)

Nice combo Dan :thumbup:

Suit-and-tie day for me, so just a small folder. Can't remember when I last toted my IRJ.

Thanks Tom
Fixed blade / traditional folder combo is the best.
Great carry yourself! That Indian River Jack really looks slick worth that 380!

Dan...the knives are great, but this is a real nice Picture also...sharp!

with me today

:D Thanks SBS
That Flemming fixed blade I can't get enough of! Really... I can't :thumbup:

Very nice! How do you like that little creek?

For me, the 38 was in my right front and the little 'yote was in my watch pocket. The whittler covers all my needs but I can't put the coyote down

I've owned one a few years ago in 3v steel and liked it very much. It's a very thick stock that comes down to that Bark River thin convex that makes it a wicked little slicer that you can really bare down on. This one in A2 may need a trip back to the Bark River mothership for a regrind. Like I said its been WELL USED.

Wow. That Coyote looks tiny compared to that Whittler.

f020Tzs.jpg

Rockin the merc today

Everytime you post this makes me want one...
I checked my online "local" knife store and they are back in stock ... :eek:

You and Your Family have our sincerest condolences.

I am willing to bet that he is Very appreciative of you using and having a genuine appreciation to His knife.

Have a pre-war half-whit and a modern made "full" whittler in the mail to me, so next week will be pretty fun.

f020Tzs.jpg

Rockin the merc today

Looking good! :thumbup:

Nice Eureka, and I love those time checks Paul :thumbup:

Thank you Jack! I hope you woke up feeling strong this morning, my friend. The bathroom plumbing finish work had be bending like a contortionist:D

Thanks my friend :) I'm still struggling I'm afraid. It's very frustrating, as I also have a load of stuff I need to do :grumpy:

Great-looking forum knives folks :thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful Ken :thumbup: I have a very beat-up version :(

Tasteful knives the past 3 days, Jack, including your lambsfoot each day! :cool: But 3 days of dark covers; I hope the back pain isn't permanently changing your mood. Remember the old song by The Who: "The kids couldn't hurt Jack ... They dropped things on his back ... But they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy." :D I'm hoping, and praying, that you can experience daily improvement.

Thanks GT, I'm continuing to whistle, albeit through gritted teeth! ;) :D :thumbup:

I am carrying this WH Morley in honor of my father-in-law, who passed away today down in Florida with his daughters by his side. This knife was in his tool chest, and is well used. He didn't really carry a knife on a regular basis, so I am treasuring it. I am glad that he is at peace and not suffering anymore.

Very sorry for your loss Glenn :thumbup:

Inspired by R8shell and Ron, I'm supplementing my A Wright Lambsfoot with my 2014 Stag Jack :) Have a good Sunday everyone :thumbup:

Another recent addition today;

This lambsfoot was gifted me by our resident Yorkshireman. The telephone number sports a Sheffield area code which Jack thought would bring back memories for me (which it certainly did thanks Jack) of my Grandparents who lived in Sheffield through the last 40 years of my Grandfathers life.

It is not a particularly well finished piece, I must admit. It looks a little rushed. All the grinds are at different angles and the steel liners and spring have gaps on one side. The handle covers are of uneven width but join well with the brass bolsters considering.

However, I think its charming. I took my stones and strop to it and discovered that it sharpens the way good Sheffield made carbon knives do. It is now very sharp and although not large - its about 3.25" closed, it is pretty stout. I then used it while doing spring cleaning in the garden and it is brilliant so I've been carrying it along with some others for most of the last week.

Thanks Jack :)

Paul

Glad you're finding a use for that Lambsfoot Paul :) I think the Sheffield phone number has changed at least twice since it was 0742 :D Enjoy your Sunday my friend :thumbup:

Great pics of your girls, Chris, thanks for sharing. Giving my John White and Tony Bose a break after a few days of use in YNP, today are these fine knives.

Marbles Loveless Sport in 52100 and 4 pin stag, Claude Scott sheath; Tom Ploppert Diamond Edge cattle knife, CPM154 and stag

attachment.php

attachment.php

Still 6 feet of snow at Canyon Village, but a couple of stores were open, gorgeous day on Friday. Lots of animals and very few people, just the way I like it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Glenn - my condolences to you and your family.

The radish was a little one, but was ready. I pulled one for my sister and she ate it right there; like an apple:D Just did a bit of work on the Catt. The main had a big bow in it from improper sharpening technique and needed a lot of work. If I go any more it will look to skinny:(. It has some wobble too but I may be able to fix that a bit. It's still a dandy in my book and Primble helped me love it more with the catalog pages he so graciously posted. Thanks for the kind words my friend
Ron
A fine knife your sporting tonight, Sir!

Gev - thanks for the compliment my friend. Your Catt is just a wonderful old knife. When something has attained some age you can expect a few things to need some adjustment. :eek: Not that I would personally know anything about that. :eek::D

Great-looking forum knives folks :thumbup:

Inspired by R8shell and Ron, I'm supplementing my A Wright Lambsfoot with my 2014 Stag Jack :) Have a good Sunday everyone :thumbup:

Jack - thanks for the compliment on the Forum knife. They are a joy to own and use. Hope you are still on the mend my friend. That is a great pair of knives to spend any day with.:)

It's an early Sunday morning at work for me - a little stag makes it better...

image_1.jpeg

MrBitters - a wonderful picture and an equally great knife. :thumbup:

Kris - thanks for the lovely photos. The knives, well they are always beautiful.:thumbup:

This morning I have been sitting around relaxing a bit. I have been outside admiring the beautiful sunshine and Pam's handy work with the flowers she has added in the one of the front flower beds. A couple of cups of coffee to get the cob webs out and now I have settled back with a couple of my most cherished knives. You know that CFing and CEing can be very relaxing and therapeutic! :D Thank you Bob and Tim. :D Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday. :)

19812439441_28408bde67_b_d.jpg

26175827120_e69bf7988b_b_d.jpg

You're in my thoughts, Glenn. I'm sorry for your loss.

WqAoGyv.jpg

Totin' around the Little Jack today. It's amazing how often this little guy jumps into my pocket.

Back