What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    That's a SWEET Winchester Kevin:cool::thumbup:

2. sshakari

sshakari

Apr 27, 2003
    Love the combo!!

3. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I've been neglecting my #14 camel bone as I haven't carried it since I got it . It's been sitting in the safe so out she comes for tomorrow's carry 😎
    [​IMG]

It's just been hard to put down my antique yellow bone as its been it my pocket since day one .
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    ^ Those are two great-looking knives TF :thumbup:

Excellent pics Paul, looks like a lovely walk my friend :thumbup:

Cool pic :) :thumbup:

Carrying this William Rodgers Lambsfoot in buffalo today :thumbup:

[​IMG]

5. pmew

pmew

Oct 2, 2011
    That's lovely, I didn't realise they made a smaller model. Could you pm me with where you bought it?

- Paul

6. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turning into a bit of a mountain man, only 32 and most day's I can't stand being around people...one of these days I'll go completely off the grid. LOL

7. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Back home yesterday, had an advice for a parcel waiting for me at the PO.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. combatjiujitsu

combatjiujitsu Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. pmew

pmew

Oct 2, 2011
    I haven't carried this one in a while, it was my first four blade congress and the first thing I ever bought on the exchange. It's quite a work horse and I love the deep canyon jigged bone.

[​IMG]

I have quite a few congress knives now and something struck me for the first time the other day; boker, henkles, hen and rooster, moore maker, rough rider and such all have their blades in the arrangement above. As in, I hold the covers in your right hand and open the main (which is behind the secondary) with your left thumbnail - however, GEC is the only maker which does this in reverse. Isn't that odd?

- Paul

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  10. Sisusari

Sisusari Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Today I'm toting a Todd Davidson #1356 swayback.... Great office carry!

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

11. GASOUTHERNBOY

GASOUTHERNBOY

Jun 16, 2014
    Carrying this Case Stockman given to me by a friend at work. Great knife!
    [​IMG]

12. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thank you Jack 😊
    Your Williams Rodgers is a beauty!!

13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Lovely!

Three favorites this morning:thumbup::thumbup:

Something about that pic makes me smile:D

Now that is one sweet and interesting knife!!
    Tell us more?!

Primble
    Was Primble here:eek::D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:;);)

That sure is one gorgeous knife and great photo:thumbup:

Very nice indeed:thumbup:

14. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I would never have known that's what those were!

Beautiful photo. The way you've highlighted the lovely green in the cover makes this knife look like it's in its natural habitat. :) :thumbup:

15. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic

Jul 20, 2016
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and new to traditional knives as well. But for sure I've been bitten by the bug. In a recent buying frenzy I picked up this little guy. A #25 clip point in cocobolo. Originally I was going to let it sit in the tube, but I'm definitely more of a user than a collector, and it's just too pretty to let it sit.

[​IMG]

16. Wilsonhome

Wilsonhome Professional Chupacabra Tamer Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

17. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Welcome to the Porch fuzzylogic, that is a fine 25!

My Primble is still along for the ride, several days in a row now. Must be a record for me :).

[​IMG]

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    What a sublime knife and sheath, Kris!!! :thumbup: (And a super clean machine behind it.)

Splendid pair, Ken! :cool: Your Grohmann series is superlative! :thumbup:

Thanks, Jack. :) I don't always drink cola, but when I do, it's NEVER Pepsi! Stay thirsty, my friend. :eek:

:D:D Thanks, Dean; it seems Klaasy to me, too.

Thanks, Bob; looking for canoes keeps me off the streets, at least. ;)
    I might have a promising weather observation for you. Yesterday, I walked 3 miles to work in the morning, and although it was only 75 degrees, my shirt was soon soaked with sweat because the air was so humid. :grumpy: But when I left work just after 5pm and walked 20 minutes to the bus stop, it was at least 85 degrees but I didn't even break a sweat because the dew point had dropped significantly. :thumbup: Maybe that's headed your way (apparently only for a day or two, but it's welcome relief while it lasts).

Thanks, Steve. :) The canoe is 3" closed, and this is one of the rare occasions where my photo actually looks better than the knife itself! :eek: I've been looking at those little Klaas canoes for ages, but wasn't sure of the quality, but as soon as someone here (and I've forgotten who :() posted a good review, I snapped one up. Very nice little knife! :thumbup:
    Your matched micartas look very satisfying; the lanyard on the Bull Nose is scintillating! :cool:

:D:D I'm not a gun guy at all, but that seems like a significant observation, Mike. :thumbup: It also made me laugh out loud, earning dirty looks from both wife and daughter! :rolleyes:

Vaporstang, it's sensational to Cu! :rolleyes::p

Supreme shots yourself, Paul!! :cool:

That is a suave, stylish Chambriard, lambertiana! :thumbup:

Striking stockman, FBC!! :thumbup:

That's a seductive pair of 14s, TheFactor! :cool: Glad to see you bring out the smooth camel bone, but I fully understand how the jigged antique yellow bone has established superiority! ;)

That's a seriously salutary selection, Jack! :thumbup: Did that knife have any influence on your acquisition of the A. Wright buffalo lambsfoot that's taken up nearly permanent residence in your pockets recently?? ;)

That's a stately Böker congress, Paul! :cool: I'm not sure what you think is "odd", that GEC does it "in reverse" or that all the others do it the way they do; do you prefer one way over the other? FWIW, I open all my knives, if possible, in the manner you describe for all of the makers except GEC. But I once asked how people opened their knives, and was astounded by the variety! :eek: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1245274-How-Many-Ways-Do-You-Open-a-Slipjoint

Stellar stockman, GA! :cool:

More of the knives for me this week:
    A Canyon Creek sunfish
    [​IMG]

An olive wood Joker from Valencia, Spain
    [​IMG]

An Uncle Henry medium stockman (thanks, Dean)
    [​IMG]

A Rough Rider canoe with gunstock checked bone covers (thanks, Will)
    [​IMG]

- GT

19. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

20. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks 5K ! 😊