What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks Gev. I never thought I'd like the hawkbill blade, but Paul H. kept talking it up that I thought I should listen to the merits of what the blade is useful for. He was absolutely correct. :cool:

And The #72 out in the wild 😊
Man Im loving this knife!
46e7a5b473b73d6f1bda3635288466cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Harry

Man o man....I would not be able to choose...wow! :thumbup::thumbup::D The last picture's lighting and perspective threw me a little on the sawcut:confused:

Getting ready to head out early tomorrow for a day of fly fishing on the Jefferson, drift boat, with my wife and friend/fishing guide Joe. This bird and trout from James Behring Jr.(O1,musk ox, Sambar stag) will be with me, Claude Scott sheath with beaver tail inlay.

attachment.php

Harry

Man o man....I would not be able to choose...wow! :thumbup::thumbup::D The last picture's lighting and perspective threw me a little on the sawcut:confused:

Thank you my friend !!! You know , every now and then , a guy gets lucky on choices made !!!!
I have decided that I will not pick a favorite between the Old Red one and the New Red one.

Harry

Getting ready to head out early tomorrow for a day of fly fishing on the Jefferson, drift boat, with my wife and friend/fishing guide Joe. This bird and trout from James Behring Jr.(O1,musk ox, Sambar stag) will be with me, Claude Scott sheath with beaver tail inlay.

attachment.php

Wow - beautiful knife & sheath!

Continuing my 2-blade jack theme, I've got the #73 Scout jack in burnt arrowhead bone tonight.

73JackModOpen_zps9076e4de.jpg~original

A Vic Gardener and a 3 dot Buck 112.

HGJBbY3l.jpg

Ken K.
Gallant Gardener, Ken!

Sometimes I forget to say how impressive all of your knives are. I stink at photography, so my pics are always #basic. I really enjoy everyone's contribution to this thread. It makes me smile and ohhh and ahhh every time I come here to look.

I just wanna say, thanks, to all of you.
+ 5K! Well-said, HST!

A spey blade is definitely overkill! :D At the risk of making all the fellows on the porch sit with their legs crossed the rest of the day, search Google images: "circumcision knife and shield" You'll see some lovely metalwork and a few cringe-worthy images. :eek: I'm pretty sure nowadays even the mohels use disposable scalpels.
Thanks for the interesting info, Rachel. :) I looked at some of the images, and it appears that the pro mohels use a "guided system" in their work, suggesting that maybe I should get a guided system for sharpening. :rolleyes: My progress at learning freehand sharpening is very slow.

Thanks GT. Appreciate that buddy.

Stunning stag, Brett! Looks like a loaf of bread just out of the oven!

special one today for wooden wednesday, a gift from Bob, the bigbiscuit!

thanks again pal!
Congrats on that back beauty, Jack, and accolades to Bob for the grand gift!

Today's Wooden Wednesday carry was this East Indian Rosewood Viper.

27968780835_3761b5d326_b_d.jpg
The vaunted Viper with the hangman's lanyard is looking fine, Ron!

I named her Rosie.
29995231925_16128d420e_b.jpg
Notable name for a noble knife, FBC!

Aha well you've got good taste my friend ;) I agree, sometimes that charm is all we need though. Well thought out carries as always for this week

... Continued the rest of the day with my favourite Serpentine Jack!
tumblr_oe8haha9Qu1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg
Thanks, Tim. Enchanting Erickson!

I'm having a double Barlow day today ...

Nice, Jack! Double Barlows bring dual blessings!

A cool morning in September - reminds me to remember .. the art of living

30004942605_8a36e1490a_b.jpg
Artistic pair for sur, Gev!

My new peanut and Keychain sak!
099b729ef4d310cff74a2cfbf3b5195d.jpg

Practically perfect peanut, Langler!

My fathers old Boker Stockman today! Dad passed away 5 years ago and was a bit of a knife collector, he purchased a half dozen of these Bokers in the 1960s. I'm happy to say that I have 4 of them (3 have been carried and are in various states of wear and one is still mint wrapped in the original yellow Boker paper). I rotate this one as an edc on a regular basis and cherish the memories it brings back.

b61e4ecf7806cec3a6e10cb7ac8517ca.jpg
Fantastic heirloom, ScottK!

Dynamite duo, JSCHENK!

...Today, these two...

They're looking long and lean, Dean!

All Jack's fault :D

Congrats on the lovely lambsfoot, Brett!

…

Carried my newest addition today. Ebony GEC 15 Razor knife from CK!

AeL0eJq.jpg

Couldn't resist taking a shot of my new Austin Goldman, either.

pdMxLmw.jpg
Congrats on the new acquisitions, Shawn!

Oh, wow!! That barehead ram's horn is out of this world, and the fish shield on the micarta shadow pattern is ultra-cool!!!

High-quality pic of splendid pocket contents!

…
The Winchester was feeling a bit neglected and demanded some pocket time.
30014199465_a300cbc348_b.jpg
FBC, that Winchester is the bee's knees!! (You forgot the disclaimer that "No wasps were harmed in shooting this photo.")

… Have a good Friday everyone, I'm all in black today ;) :thumbup:

Very fetching eponymous pair, Jack!

Lol! Thank you Gev, although I did manage to kick it out today... Went with the IRJ for today's carry.

It's thrilling to see that flaming IRJ again, Eric!

…

I'm going with this Case whittler again today:

0c54f730b9bc1ed8d131efa10611bdaf.jpg

…
Congrats on the new Case whittler, Greg! (I mistook it for an Eisenhower the first time I saw it.)

Congrats on the stellar stag, TheFactor!

Thanks Gev. I never thought I'd like the hawkbill blade, but Paul H. kept talking it up that I thought I should listen to the merits of what the blade is useful for. He was absolutely correct. :cool:
Awesome 38, Bob; thanks for corroborating Paul's testimonials!

These three.

Sumptuous stag on the first two, j2s!

In the kitchen this week, I had these 3 knives.
Case amber bone SBJr:
Z349fUK.jpg

Imperial clip/pen toothpick:
JTs6Jel.jpg

Colonial Forest-Master:
belHxdc.jpg

- GT

Thanks 5K Qs 👍
She's got a really nice snap to her to .
Outstanding walk and talk to boot !

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back