What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I'm working in the backyard today with my Workhorse today. This guy is doing an excellent job of opening bags of mulch.
    [​IMG]

2. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Cheers guys. Almost got frostbite taking it. I've actually been carrying my A.Wright Barlow today.

[​IMG]

3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    WOW this thread just flies by in no time:eek:

Erik, Jaydud and Kevin Great forum knives and pictures of them:thumbup:

Barrett, Mmy favorite B.S. to date:cool:

Daniel, great Northwoods:thumbup:

Robb, thank you for the Ulster compliment, I was lucky to recieve that one recently as well. Its so well made, which is no surprise but to be in that condition after all these years boggles my mind:eek:

Netgut1999, thank you also for the Ulster comliment and great Schatt & Morgan Sheepfoot, I really like that knife:thumbup:

Jack, great Stag duo my friend, of coure I really like the Abbeydale but just as much the old Sheepfoot pictured:thumbup:

Apollo12, wonderful Dunlap:cool:

Ron, thanks Ron about the old Ulster and I love your #48, great color on the bone:thumbup:

Clay, cant beat a black sawcut Buck:thumbup:

donn, thats just a great picture:cool:

Alan, great Stag on your #25:thumbup:

Ernie, you have a very nice collection of Pen Knives, I like the Sheffield you posted:cool:

Gary, very nice patriotic picture and of cousre wonderful knife:thumbup:

Travman, I have two Workhorses and really like the pattern, slim yet stout, love the Bocote covers on yours:cool::thumbup:

4. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    Happy Veteran's Day everyone.:loyal: I'm in the woods on the side of a mountain, so I apologize for the absence of a patriotic background.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Fight'n Rooster after work today.

[​IMG]

6. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Drover again, on what is yet another spectacular autumn day!

[​IMG]

7. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Dunlap rocks. I hope to see him tomorrow in Tulsa.

8 posts in 5 years. You don't post often, but when you do, wow!

8. Apollo12

Apollo12

Oct 8, 2011
    :wink: Long time lurking. I'll work on that posting thing.
    Jim is a great guy and fantastic maker. Tell him Greg said hello and work on that Barlow.

9. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Many great knives posted. Every day is a new set of beauty!

Red claimed my pocket once again (while I wait for an ebony one to come)

[​IMG]

10. pertinux

pertinux Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks! The IXL is a single spear blade barlow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The deal-sealing back-tang stamp:

[​IMG]

:)

Spear blades aren't my favorite (clip blades are), but that hasn't prevented this knife from quickly becoming a favorite-- the latest in an estimable line of preference-busters!

... As for my carry today, the image quoted remains my go-to, all of it, unpocketed at the end of each day (into that leather bowl/butler), repocketed before each new day's adventures.

~ P.

11. MJ71

MJ71

Mar 18, 2016
    Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm not surprised, you've got the winds of two counties blowing at you there! :eek: That looks like a warmer spot - if not a drier one! ;) :D :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Paul :thumbup:

Stunning :thumbup:

13. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

My very first GEC - where it all began in June 2013. The #55 in Autumn Gold jigged bone. I've not carried it in awhile but the past couple weeks it's now reminded me why I like it so much.

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks buddy :)

Thank you Greg :) That's a great 33 :thumbup:

That is truly a Workhorse! They are beautiful knives and built like a tank. :thumbup:

TGIF! Home from work now so I have downsized to this SBJ for the remainder of the evening. :D

[​IMG]

15. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thanks, Jack! The bottom knife is gorgeous and its always nice to see Abbeydale!

Great shot, Donn! Looks like the Bwlch is South Wales? What I would give to slope glide there !

Well done Gary ! We must never forget

16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words about my Zamorano I displayed (much) earlier this week, Gev. :)

Fine knife, Dean! :cool: I also like the little LOTR replica (reminds me of the Supremes' song "Stop! In the Name of Love"). ;)

Fabulous portraits of your Forum knife, Erik! :thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats on your two different pairs of superb stag siblings, Jack!! :cool::thumbup:

Ron and Greg, your Wright Lambsfoot knives are both showstoppers!! Ron, your deep black covers are quintessential ebony to me! :thumbup: Greg, even after seeing many pics of yours in different conditions, I hadn't realized until now what a variety of dark tints swirl through the covers on yours! :cool:

That sun-drenched I*XL looks grand, Dean! :thumbup:

Congrats on the Pal camp knife, Harry! :thumbup: With that new find and your newly-won Camillus and your Ulster scout (which I didn't remember seeing before), you're becoming quite a Scoutmaster!! :cool:

That's a monumental Ulster EE Jack, Paul!! :eek::thumbup:

Vivacious pair, Alan; primo stag on your 25!!! :thumbup:

Haven't posted here since Tuesday, I think, but I only have a few of this week's carries that I didn't post early in the week.
    Tucked in a whittling thumbguard/pocket slip under my keys are a Taylor-Schrade 44OT Workmate and my scrimshaw stockman (thanks, r8shell):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the little mesh case that holds my bus discount card is a Rough Rider baby copperhead:
    [​IMG]

As ever, I have my Case chestnut jigged bone CV SBJr (thanks, Bob):
    [​IMG]

- GT

17. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks GT, but especially for taking the time to comment on all of fine knives posted by the folks here on the porch.

18. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gary as always thank you for the compliments! :)

19. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I miss getting on here! life took a sharp turn and in damage control...haven't bought a knife since like 2013! Trying to get up to Alaska and stop being a slave for business' that don't appreciate so will start my own making knives and amulets. Hope everyone has been doing well this past 2016. *fade to black*

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks my friend, the lower knife is an old TEW Sheepsfoot I have had for a while :) :thumbup:

Thanks GT :) :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :) Carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today, along with my Arthur Wright Lambsfoot in oxhorn :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]