What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I don't know why Acrylics get such a bad rap. I like them..... I like them a lot.

tuxpi.com.1484038024_zpsirni0dge.jpg

So do I! Many acrylics can look excellent, depending on the scales and the frame. They're tough enough too and no gassing...

There was a thread dedicated to acrylic, would be good to revive that.

Amazing collection, Harry! Every time I see one or two of your knife pics posted, I think you must have a pretty good collection of some very nice knives...but this just knocks that idea out of the park! :eek: :thumbup:

Thank you very much for the kind words GE Jr . I like to think that I have decent collection , but there are some people on here who collections that are just not to be believed. I do appreciate your remarks my friend .

Harry

Have an old Catt friend in me pocket today:
1zmz7cx.jpg

I love the bone on that Catt, Rob!

It was John :) Cambertree is a lovely fellow, and very good company. We got to see the only remaining Steel Cementation Furnace in the world, one of only two remaining Bessemer Converters, a lot of old cutlery factories, and lots of knives and old tools. We spent a couple of hours with Stan Shaw, visited the Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, went to the site of Obadiah Barlow's old workshop, toured some antique shops, drank in some great old Sheffield pubs, and lots more besides. I'm quite worn out now! :D :thumbup:

That sounds like a wonderful knife lovers day, Jack!

This is both my newest acquisition and what I'm totin today! Nice knife bought from a fellow BF member.

P0KampL.jpg

That is a great photo and a great knife, Alan. I have that model with a spear point, but your wharncliffe has a nicer look to it. :thumbup:

Still sticking with this one, oddly enough, there's less whiskey in the jar...:eek::D:D

There's also a CASE Crandall Half Whittler agitating for pocket time, he'll have to wait a bit yet as I'm delighted with the Black Box :thumbup:

IMG_4339.jpg

That is one good looking knife! It looks like you have some brown highlights in the bone.

I don't know why Acrylics get such a bad rap. I like them..... I like them a lot.

Who wouldn't love that one, Dee! I like some acrylics (like that one), some not so much.

That's an amazing looking knife! Love the covers!
:thumbup::)

That may very well be the most amazing bone I've ever seen! It has a depth in it only age brings bone. It almost looks like choppy waves in a deep pool of water. Just beautiful.

That is really some beautiful bone, WOW!

You sure know how to make a grown man weep :D:eek:;) Magnificent !
:thumbup::D:D:D

Thanks Mr P, fabulous Catt

It was John :) Cambertree is a lovely fellow, and very good company. We got to see the only remaining Steel Cementation Furnace in the world, one of only two remaining Bessemer Converters, a lot of old cutlery factories, and lots of knives and old tools. We spent a couple of hours with Stan Shaw, visited the Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, went to the site of Obadiah Barlow's old workshop, toured some antique shops, drank in some great old Sheffield pubs, and lots more besides. I'm quite worn out now! :D :thumbup:
Thank you Mr. Jack - sounds like you had a delightful couple of days. :thumbup::)

And my new SxM half whit thanks John.
db7579e6f125f8e7d09ae877b2defdae.jpg

Very nice S&M

1973 Case Canoe

IMG_4246_zpsmclocevi.jpg
Beautiful red bone ! :thumbup::)

:thumbup::thumbup::)

Still sticking with this one, oddly enough, there's less whiskey in the jar...:eek::D:D

There's also a CASE Crandall Half Whittler agitating for pocket time, he'll have to wait a bit yet as I'm delighted with the Black Box :thumbup:

IMG_4339.jpg
:thumbup::thumbup::)

This is both my newest acquisition and what I'm totin today! Nice knife bought from a fellow BF member.

P0KampL.jpg

Classy 92 ! :thumbup::)

That sounds like a wonderful knife lovers day, Jack!

Thank you Mr. Jack - sounds like you had a delightful couple of days. :thumbup::)

Thank you very much gents, it was a fantastic time :) :thumbup:

I set off carrying these two today :)

Then, mid-morning, the postman called with the knife I won in Rishma's generous giveaway recently - Thanks again Rishma - So that went straight into my coat pocket :) :)

I'm off to see some comedy this evening, in Leeds grand old music hall (built in 1865), so I may change again before the day is out ;)

cvmhaud.jpg

Woke up to a beautiful sun filled winter day and put sunshine in my pocket. Still waiting on the 74 Yellow Rose. Anyone seen them? So, for my 1,000 post I present....

4783989e862f64d3e53a33bd78385f0d.jpg

Clay, do you have to tie off in that thing?

Jake,
Not in this one. OSHA classifies it as scaffolding as long as it has a rail of at least 40 inches all around since it's strictly a vertical lift. When in my articulating lift then yes full harness with fall arrester.

Clay

Woke up to a beautiful sun filled winter day and put sunshine in my pocket. Still waiting on the 74 Yellow Rose. Anyone seen them? So, for my 1,000 post I present....

4783989e862f64d3e53a33bd78385f0d.jpg

Two beauties Alan. My new mantra is, slow and steady......

Thank you very much gents, it was a fantastic time :) :thumbup:

I set off carrying these two today :)

Then, mid-morning, the postman called with the knife I won in Rishma's generous giveaway recently - Thanks again Rishma - So that went straight into my coat pocket :) :)

I'm off to see some comedy this evening, in Leeds grand old music hall (built in 1865), so I may change again before the day is out ;)

cvmhaud.jpg

Another great day in the life of Jack Black. Thank you for the great photos my friend!

Congrats on the 1,000th post, Alan! Gorgeous pair of Texas Roses you've got in your pocket today!

Back