What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My Stallion Cougar Claw Bone with the deep grooves [emoji6]
b318a2859b4bc1e332e23c5472e080d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WONDERFUL knives posted the last few days everyone:cool:

The #77 Barlow and #38 Lick Creek for me today.

0P22nv.jpg

VLHdyF.jpg

Camco peanut today thanks to Leghog!
Congrats on winning that prestigious peanut, Ernie! :thumbup:
I was fortunate to win another of leg hog's GAWs and scored this handsome half-congress that arrived on Wednesday:
mrpNWj2.jpg

Thank you very much GT, it looks like you're well-prepared as ever :) :thumbup:
Thanks, Gary!

You're the epitome of "if you stay ready, you don't have to get ready". :D :cool:
Thanks, GT! If anyone deserves envy and recognition for their commitment, it should definitely be of you and your tremendous carry schedule!
Thanks, Jack & Dee & Shawn. :) Not sure I'm ready for EVERYTHING, but if civilization suddenly collapses and we're reduced to a "barter with blades" economy, I'll be well-positioned for success! :rolleyes:

... Double stag (surprise, lol) for me today.

6911124f31244c9c0569ebd26ecbc17a.jpg
Your delectable double shot of stag is making me tipsy, Alan!!

Thanks, guys! The last belt I made was a racing tire and it wore out after about two years of daily use. This one is a much thicker touring style tire so I hope it will last a bit longer. The punch on the Drover went through that tire like butter. I made extra sure that my fingers were out of the way, the point on that punch kind of scares me. :eek:
Hfinn, I must thank you. I have been on the fence about getting one of those and I think your post just pushed me over the edge. Any knife model that has been made for that long has to be worth giving a try.
I was also influenced by recent thread to buy a mercator, but I went old school. Im really digging this knife.
Cool belt, FBC!! (Is it a steel-belted belt??)
I encourage you to get a Mercator; mine (a Black Cat) is one of my current favorites, and I'm surprised by how much I like it. Totally agree with W.M.B.'s assessment!

Your Explorer looks like a very useful SAK, Gary. Have you used all the tools, yet?
My ancient has been in and out of my pocket over the last week.

Always enjoy seeing your appealing Ancient (and some of your coins), Dean!! I think I've used all the tools visible in the pic of the Explorer I posted, but not all THIS week. It has a corkscrew and an awl on the back side (but it's too old to have the parcel hook), and I don't think I've ever used either of those on that knife.

Almost to nice to carry (no matter how thick the sheath), but who doesn't like a bit of pocket jewelry from time to time.

IMG_20140517_121549_zpsljwoydwv.jpg
Go for the Gold is not just a metaphor for you, Dee!! :eek::cool:

All his leaves
Fall'n at length,
Look, he stands,
Trunk and bough
Naked strength.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

32574573516_290a50c88e_b.jpg

12372457383_0cb8072042_b.jpg
Naked strength, indeed, Gev! Glorious knife!

Intriguing and impressive!! Humpback whittler?? What are the handle covers?

Friday! :) My giveaway thread has gone even better than I'd hoped, really grateful for all the contributions :) I thought I'd better carry MY Oxhorn Lambsfoot today (and really, the giveaway Lambsfoot is better)! Along with the BF forum knife from a couple of years back. Hope everyone has a great Friday, and an even better weekend :thumbup:

Your BF knife and your monogrammed pocket slip are outstanding, but it's the luminous lambsfoot that always transfixes me when it appears!! Unforgettable! :thumbup::eek::thumbup:

Two 66's, jack and stockman.

45fa5b421f097582f91452f4a0ad58f7.jpg
All I got is a pair of two's. Can anyone beat it? I call :)

See above, 4 sixes
Four fabulous knives, guys, and the poker content made me laugh! :D

Orange Blossom

32645839446_3bce73df2e_b.jpg
Iridescent elegance, Gev!

Just back from getting my ears lowered ...
Have my normals in my pockets today...

Harry
I haven't heard that phrase for a haircut in ages, Harry; thanks for the smile!
Your "normals" are noble and noteworthy!

98e89268a6077844a6bb3d118ddc48cf.jpg
my daughters 16 birthday, special day special knife!...
Happy birthday (belated) to your girl, Clay, and that sure IS a special Case you have there!! Is she old enough to drive now? I remember that as a perilous part of parenting!

Grand, gorgeous knife, Bob! I was sure surprised when you revealed that it's ram's horn!

I took a break from this thread for most of January. Coming back, it's good to see familiar folks and some new ones as well. Same for the knives. Great stuff here, as always!

Today I've got my 7-dot Case 6383 in my pocket for its first carry.

d22787256c8aa9104b4062b76e0a1af3.jpg
Welcome back, Greg. January was a pretty sporadic BF month for me, too (not voluntarily). Good-looking Case; a new-to-you whittler?

The Hammer

NYKCHammer21_zpsabe57eed2_zpsced5a701.jpg
Heck of a high-performance Hammer, Mark!!

Custom Quality

IMG_20140517_124536_zpsfbynvix3.jpg
Resplendent Ruple, Dee!!

♫ ♪ Ebony and Ivory. ♪ ♫

Hypnotic harmony from r8shell and Stevie and Sir Paul!!

I dropped this fine ole Ulster Barlow in my pocket this morning!:)

32652674396_976a01f93e_b_d.jpg
Big-league Barlow, Ron!!

I have my underphotographed HJ9 in my pocket currently, but I'm going to swap it out for an IXL penknife later (having a posh night out in leafy Harrogate - dinner and theatre). Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbup:
Decidedly dapper, Jack!!

Changing it up today:

d5339c16acd9a4ecb19fb0da1c7cf02d.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone!
Charismatically curvaceous, Greg!! Ettrick pattern? Who's the maker?

Lotta knives in my pockets this week that I haven't posted yet.
Stag senator from A. Wright & Son (from a GAW by R.c.s.)
G5V5J9Y.jpg

Rough Rider Christmas canoe of unusual size
iVjm9vY.jpg

Small Robt. Klaas canoe
mhR1ahj.jpg

Cold Steel Kudu
0qQHQjF.jpg

Böker USA electrician (thanks, Mark)
yZgjrWK.jpg

Case swayback jack (thanks, Paul)
udWpmzA.jpg

- GT

WONDERFUL knives posted the last few days everyone:cool:

The #77 Barlow and #38 Lick Creek for me today.

0P22nv.jpg

VLHdyF.jpg

Every time I see one of those Lick Creeks I have to stop and admire it. Man that's a fine looking knife, Paul.

Gary, That Half Congress from leghog is a fine example of Case's ability to turn out a great knife, in my estimation. What a nice knife from a very generous guy.

A 73 for the Saturday Stag and a Schrade Barlow generously gifted to me by Gasman1 . Much appreciated gift too , since I have looked for one of these Schrades for a while for my meager Barlow collection . A very well made knife that is in very nice shape too.

Thank you very much Dave ( Gasman1 )

Harry

Love the bolster on that barlow, congrats on the long awaited pick-up Harry. Well done Dave/ Gasman!

Kudos to you Gary for taking the time to make us feel good. Always look forward to your comments.

I've been carrying the Northwoods Fremont since Wednesday. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

My Case Sowbelly in CV and chestnut bone struck my fancy this morning.
3de3ebc6-086e-4c3b-a8b5-7aa4aed3d04d_zpshprjzgss.jpg

Could you do a review of your knife? I love sowbelly stockmen and was very excited to get the Queen/Ruple, but I was a bit let down with the quality of the one I purchased. Maybe I got a bad example.

PM sent. :)

Go for the Gold is not just a metaphor for you, Dee!! :eek::cool:

Resplendent Ruple, Dee!!

Stag senator from A. Wright & Son (from a GAW by R.c.s.)
G5V5J9Y.jpg

Rough Rider Christmas canoe of unusual size
iVjm9vY.jpg

Small Robt. Klaas canoe
mhR1ahj.jpg

Cold Steel Kudu
0qQHQjF.jpg

Böker USA electrician (thanks, Mark)
yZgjrWK.jpg

Case swayback jack (thanks, Paul)
udWpmzA.jpg

Thanks, Gary!
You're a wordsmith. :p :D

Another week of goodies. :thumbup:

Always enjoy seeing your appealing Ancient (and some of your coins), Dean!! I think I've used all the tools visible in the pic of the Explorer I posted, but not all THIS week. It has a corkscrew and an awl on the back side (but it's too old to have the parcel hook), and I don't think I've ever used either of those on that knife.

Cold Steel Kudu
0qQHQjF.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Gary! The Kudu is intriguing and appealing. What is the closed length?

Really enjoying everyone's postings. But hard to keep up! Totin' the middle knife today.
17670458892988a5f57182bea104a2e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 73 for the Saturday Stag and a Schrade Barlow generously gifted to me by Gasman1 . Much appreciated gift too , since I have looked for one of these Schrades for a while for my meager Barlow collection . A very well made knife that is in very nice shape too.

Thank you very much Dave ( Gasman1 )

Harry

You are very welcome Harry. :thumbup: It was like I sent it home.

Wonderful knives posted the last couple of days. This Northfield 76 was my choice for Stag Day! :D

22558329493_4b2d609372_b_d.jpg

Paul: that Case whittler has G10 slabs, afaik.

Back