1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Some restaurant-owning friends are launching their new evening menu shortly, and have invited me along to sample it this evening. I'm slimming down to this Croisdale Sleeveboard in ivory (Croisdale were originally on the same street as the restaurant). I suspect, that's the only sense that I will be slimming down! :eek: ;)

[​IMG]

2. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Northwoods Fremont

[​IMG]

3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Very classy, Jack. They say pinstripes are slimming...

Speaking of classy jacks,

[​IMG]

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks r8shell, I need all the help I can get these days! :D Those are certainly classy, and they look great together :) :thumbup:

5. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    The Texas Camp Knife is still filling my pocket.

[​IMG]

6. scubisino

scubisino

Dec 4, 2015
    Yesterday at the local flea market I found this little beauty... Imperial auto folding knife, made in USA, 1936/1946 circa. I paid just 3$...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    ^ Wow! Does it still open reliably?

Me, I'm putting a new copper and carbon Mercator through its paces. Been procrastinating on writing a review.

Zieg

[​IMG]

8. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Have a great time at dinner and these two were splendid but to carry a knife made on the same street...priceless

Smashing stag!
    Killer knife and accoutrements :D
    Fine pairing indeed. I think I hear Ryuichi Sakamoto - A Flower Is Not A Flower

Awesome knife and the photo...takes me there ;)

9. bradytx

bradytx

Jul 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot Gev :)

Wow, some great-looking knives today :thumbup:

11. AShearer

AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Nice picture Jack. It's better to have friends who own a restaurant, than it is to actually own a restaurant. :)

12. AShearer

AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Nice bradytx.

13. 66sprint6

66sprint6

Jan 21, 2016
    Never really been into Traditional Folders, tho Ive had a few in the past, Ive always seemed to be more into more modern folders with pocket clips etc. Ive been lurking more and more in this section of the forums and finally had to give in and try one out. I got my first GEC knife in the mail Sat and put my Kershaw Cryo in the drawer to see how it goes.

[​IMG]

Not the prettiest GEC offering but I really love the looks and design of the #72 as well as the lock back option! I would much rather had a better looking handle scale material but have always liked Micarta for its durability. Ide love to have this knife in natural micarta or even some of the wood scales Ive seen on here but for now, this will do just fine!!!

I put a small "fob" on the end to make it easier to retrieve out of my pocket and so far really like it. Time will tell how useful it will be vs the other pocket knives I own but if it proves itself useful then I might start hunting down a prettier version, maybe stag handled or something similar.

Matt

14. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
  15. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    ^^^ Beautiful Gev!

16. freekboi

freekboi

Mar 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

Today's carry is my little Buck riding in my pocket at the office, and my Victorinox Explorer which stays in my work bag as back up.

17. swaybacksteve

swaybacksteve

Apr 7, 2015
  18. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    Starting the week off with this :)

[​IMG]

19. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you kindly, Erik! It's very special to me.

The jigging is awesome and the feel of this knife is just wondrous! That is quite the trifecta your carrying today :thumbup:

Magnificent, John

20. AShearer

AShearer

Nov 30, 2016