1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Gev, I love that Barlow. Blades well worn like that truly intrigue me...the life it led, the person it served for years:cool:

Nice Rachel, Mark makes such a great "working" knife...a great knife period but I tell him they just beg to work. His carbon is so good. I keep my fixed from Mark in a sheath mounted to our bedding rack in our warehouse. It cuts everything I throw at it:thumbup:

Well said Gev, Mark is a great forum member and a great friend to so many:thumbup:

Nice Steve:thumbup:

2. AShearer

AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Great choice my friend. Have a fun day!

3. AShearer

AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    What? oh wait, I get it! [emoji16]

4. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    btb01, I like that Colonial bottle opener! John

5. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Still carrying the Fremont...

[​IMG]

6. Markesharp

Markesharp

Mar 8, 2014
    Super Beer Sunday

[​IMG]

Thanks Paul, Gevo and Rachel for the kind words, you guys make this place fun.

Thanks for this Beer Scout Paul. Go Pats!! :thumbup::D

7. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    More than welcome Mark, I see it gets honest use:cool::thumbup:

The nice things said come easy Mark, you're friends of so many here and I don't care what Duncan says:D you're a positive force here on the forum:thumbup:

8. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    [​IMG]

9. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you for your fine thoughts. This one deserved all the work i put into it. It will be cherished for the beauty that it is :D

Good luck with your team and don't use that knife too much :eek::D:D:D:thumbup:

10. HeathH

HeathH

Dec 3, 2013
    Wow, gorgeous! Do you have a model number?

11. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    It started life as a standard Queen 6L amber bone, but I got some really good ebony and had the scales replaced (as well as the liner lock removed).

12. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Gary. :) You're right on all counts! :thumbup:

Congrats on the fancy-bolstered Schrade, Harry! :cool:
    Very nice of you, Dave! :thumbup: I really like that idea of trying to do what we can to get knives where they belong!

Thanks, Alan. :) I always look forward to the photos everyone posts, because they make me feel good! ;)

Standout sowbelly, Frank! :thumbup:

Thanks, Dee. You keep posting inspirational knives, and I'll keep smithing some words! :D

Handsome, well-made sheath you put together, H&S! :thumbup:

Thanks, Dean. The Kudu is huge: I measure 5.75" closed, 4.25" blade. But it is incredibly light with the plastic/fiberglass synthetic handle. I've been carrying it in my RFP for the past 3 days and haven't even noticed it. I really want to get an Okapi, but didn't have the patience to wait/look for one :rolleyes:, so I ordered the Kudu as a modern-day substitute for an old "3 star" Okapi.

Quite the quality quintet, MJ71!! :thumbup:

Thanks, Steve. :) Your phenomenal photo turned me green with envy! :p

Your ebony 74 is certainly dignified, Barrett, and that Colonial "church key" is a treasure! :cool:

You're welcome, Gev, and same to you. ;) The key for me is getting the proper mix of ingredients: I get nervous with TOO much bewilderment in my life! :eek:

Thanks for the informative replies, FBC. :) That black box whittler is a gem, too! :thumbup:

Thanks, Jack. I need to stop pinching myself to see if your GAW is just a dream, and get myself signed up for a chance at a legendary luminous lambsfoot oxhorn! :thumbup:

Travman, your Case canoe is outstanding; I'd love to hear some details about it and how you found it if you have time. :cool::thumbup:

That's a venerable, vibrant, vintage Barlow, Gev! Congratulations! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info about a couple of your fine knives, Greg. :cool: And thanks for the Klaas compliment. :)

That 72 stag is smashing, Steve! :thumbup:

Hardly seems fair that you're fortunate enough to own that premium pen knife AND it appears to be working its magic for a red team, Ron! :eek:;)

That's the Christmas peanut from your kids, right, Mike? VERY cool! :cool:

That's a gorgeous New Day, Nature Boy!! :thumbup:

Handling most of the kitchen duties for the past week were a Douk-Douk and a Chinese Laguiole. (I'm starting to think the latter is the best 7 euros I ever spent on a knife.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- GT

13. TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    That's the Christmas peanut from your kids, right, Mike? VERY cool! :cool:

Thanks Gary (5K Qs)!
    That is the Christmas peanut. Actually it has been in my pocket everyday since I got it. Today she road solo.[emoji108]

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  14. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks k5 .
    I may be the only person who edc's one of these Imperial H6's, but I just love it.
    It takes a great edge, it's blade is real thin and slicy, and it's not too big plus it's nice and lightweight.

15. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
  16. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Good looking leatherwork and knife! They go well together! :thumbup:

17. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks, I thought it turned out pretty good for an hour's worth of work and glue drying time.
    It's a fairly thin sheath, but I thought it was appropriate for a knife of this size and thickness. Especially since I wanted to keep the whole package lightweight .

18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pic of your Douk-Douk GT :thumbup:

Carrying these two favourites today :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. MJ71

MJ71

Mar 18, 2016
    Thanks so much 5K Qs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk