1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    ^ That's a peach Ernie :thumbup:

2. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    It's pouring down rain today. Tornado warnings all around. Had to run pay off a bill and didn't think I'd get home before the bottom fell out. Barely made it.

So, a relaxing day in the recliner. Guess the wood splitting will have to wait. The fightin rooster with me again. I'm really digging this stockman. Contrary to the pic, it's actually a dark dark geeen.

[​IMG]

3. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

These 2 today. Picture is from yesterday but same knives. Photobucket wasn't playing nice yesterday.

5. JSCHENK

JSCHENK

Aug 2, 2013
    Wow, absolutely beautiful. Was this rite dye

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I was on the second floor metal decking when the first lightning struck. That was a Code Brown moment. Made it back to the trailer complex before the bottom fell. Then, we all realized we were in, essentially, a trailer park in a wide open area with tornado sirens going off. Wind got up to about 40mph while hail pelted the cars but nothing worse than that, thankfully. Couple of guys had to shelter on the jobsite itself.

I'm glad you didn't get stuck in it! Enjoy that recliner.

7. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    My new yellow rose... Such a lovely knife!

[​IMG]

8. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    That is a great photo and a great knife! I love the color of the bone. :thumbup:

Gorgeous bone on that Barlow, Gev!

That is a good looking knife, Buzz, but your photography makes it look superb!

Stunning, just stunning!!

The Matt Bailey is fantastically original, Paul! It really grabs the eye.

This useful TC is in my pocket today.

[​IMG]

9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey, stay safe from those tornados guys! :eek: :thumbup:

:cool: :thumbup:

10. AShearer

AShearer

Nov 30, 2016

11. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Beautiful Russell White knife Paul !!! I have 2 Eye Witness Barlows that may have been built by him , but I have never seen one of his own . Looks like it has a worked back ???? Is that Amboyna or Ironwood ?? Very very nice Sir !!!

Harry

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  12. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Jack. :) Another lovely couple of knives you have today. That buffalo horn lambsfoot reminds me of an old Stephen Foster song:
    I dream of Jeannie with the light brown hair
    Borne, like a vapor, on the summer air

You're welcome, guys. I enjoy seeing people enjoying their knives! ;)

Great photo, Erik. And the equal-end symmetry of those Fremonts is certainly appealing! :thumbup:

I admire your ability to see everything in terms of black and white, Rachel! :D

Pocketful of dreams! Looking good, Buzz. :cool:

I really like my carbon Black Cat, but that otter eating the fish is a real seeing point to me on the copper and brass versions! Look forward to your review, Zieg. :thumbup:

Fantastic jigged bone handles on that one, Gev! :cool: Belated birthday greetings as well. :eek:

Enchanting pair of vintage knives, Harry! I especially like that equal-end cattle knife with the acorn shield! :thumbup:

That's a scintillating sowbelly stockman, perchjerk; nice!! :thumbup:

Congrats on that recent purchase, TheFactor; must have you feelin' groovy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQxG0Z72qM

My daughter has lived in Spain for almost 6 years, and I've developed a definite affinity for Spanish folders. Don't have a Salamandra yet. What are the covers on your handsome knife?

Those are a couple of remarkable knives, Jack! :thumbup: It sounds like you'd have benefitted from having a lock pick on the IXL today. :D Glad you got into your home eventually.

A.L., that Alox Minichamp looks ravishing! :cool: I carry a red celidor Minichamp every day, and often think about getting an Alox model, but I'm not sure I could give up the pen in the covers of mine.

Speaking of dynamite pairs, Alan, that black and yellow combo is explosive! :cool:

Very distinguished, tasteful, and tasty, Chui! :thumbup:

Your Barlow today exemplifies Textured Color, Dean! :thumbup: (How do you like your little Fenix?)

Stockman of the Week for me is a yellow Kutmaster with pen instead of sheepsfoot (thanks, Mike). One of my few yellow knives.
    [​IMG]

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a humble Pocket Pal.
    [​IMG]

Canoe of the Week and Peanut of the Week are matching Chinese Remingtons with burl covers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- GT

13. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Hey Harry - thank you, sir! :thumbup:

Yes, a filework back, will do some more pics..........and des-ir

14. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    LoL 5 K you stole my line I was going to tell Alan when his arrived [emoji14]
    Now I have to think of a new one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Bugdoc

Bugdoc

Oct 29, 2016
    Just another GEC...
    [​IMG]
    (That I'm awfully attached to;)

16. Itsasportsbar

Itsasportsbar

Aug 1, 2013
    Hello Folks!

I haven't posted in a few weeks. I came down with an illness that seemed to be pretty serious. However, my latest blood work indicates everything has come back to normal.
    Big relief!

There are too many pages of pictures to comment on but needless to say well done everyone!

I carried these two today.

[​IMG]

Have a great day all!

17. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The #85 and #38 make an excellent duo. Sadly I'll have to let them go to make room for the upcoming #13 knives though. I am very excited for those.

Beautiful knives all around!

18. GuestWho101

GuestWho101 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Thanks Josh!

19. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Glad to hear everything worked out and it's good to have you back! Love the old cross SAK!

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! Thanks GT, I haven't heard that song in years, my grandmother used to sing it! :D :) :thumbup: You may be interested to know that the object behind my Abbeydale is a crucible steel 'bonnet' ;)

Yes, I could have done with MacGyver to help me out! :D :thumbup:

Nice matching pair my friend :thumbup:

Early start for me tomorrow, and a long day, but I'll have this trusty Lambsfoot with me :) :thumbup:

[​IMG]