What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Beautiful blades and pictures Jack, Gary and Gev :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carrying these two today.

Thanks Tom, yet another fantastic pairing my friend :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Friends. Queen #9 For Me Today.
View attachment 723083

Very nice Mike :thumbsup:

Case Teardrop just came this morning and I stuck it in my pocket. I bought it off the exchange from my friend kysteve. Great little knife for what ever reason I've never had a teardrop pattern before and I really like it.

View attachment 723084

Congratulations Randy, that's a beauty :)

Because it's Woodsaw Wednesday, I'm carrying my Camillus C4.

in4Y01fh.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Nice Camillus Barlow Padruig.

Thanks Jack I think she's a beauty too.:)

Gary I agree with Jack that's one good looking knife.

Ron I had to roll back up on your Dixie Stockman again there'[s something about that knife that just flips my switch.:cool:

A very interesting and intelligent question my friend :) In the ancient Cumbric language of Northern England (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbric) pen also means 'top' or 'head', but I think the word 'pentrough' relates more directly to pen as in an enclosure, from the Old English pin or pinn, a bolted gate or structure made of pointed stakes. A weir is built across a river (in this case the River Porter), which causes some of its content to divert through a goit (or mill-race) into a dam (or mill-pond). At the end of the dam is a large gated wooden box which fills with water, this is the 'pentrough'. When the gate is opened, water flows onto the water-wheel, making it turn, and sending power to the grinding wheels by means of a series of gears or cogs and leather drive belts :)

Thanks for the enlightenment, Jack, makes sense. Looks like goit is a variant of gote, which I suspect is related to gutter.

Ron I've come back to that picture of your Dixie stockman at least 5 times that is on nice knife buddy. :thumbsup:

Hooray for Dixie! Very pretty knife there Ron, Osage offers a decent contrast with dark patina. I need to carry my 73 liner lock in Osage more often :)

Regards, Will

Ron I had to roll back up on your Dixie Stockman again there'[s something about that knife that just flips my switch.:cool:

Randy and Will thanks so much for the compliments on my Dixie Stockman. The Osage is definitely one of my favorite woods! Here's the flip side for Wooden Wednesday! :)

33900624685_c34018b8fd_b_d.jpg

Back