What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gary that is some Super Stag on your Cramer! It is just a beautiful knife! :thumbsup:

I am trying to make today go as Smooth as possible! ;)
Thanks Ron. Brent made me a real nice LCJ.
I hope your day is as smooth as that knife!

Gary that is some Super Stag on your Cramer! It is just a beautiful knife! :thumbsup:

I am trying to make today go as Smooth as possible! ;)
35334247271_c451b24852_b.jpg
That's the key to a long life.

Indecisive today. image.jpeg
Buzzbait Buzzbait
This photo gives a pretty good picture of what you are talking about in the thread on carbon steel. The 25 was flitzed like new when I received it about two weeks ago. I used it as a cheese knife to get a patina going. The Case is over a year old and after wiping it down after use still looks brand new. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
Lots of atmosphere in that shot Gev. I like it!

Thank you kindly Alan ! I never did get another picture in less light.

Got this sunshine in my pocket:

AE7gbwxh.jpg

Super 72 !!

Shufflin' off to Buffalo today, for a family gathering. Got my Lloyd in my pocket and a "Little David" from Bud Nealy on my belt.
MsJlJuL.jpg

I think your smitten with your Lloyd, Gary ! I know I am...lol. Be safe !

Great pairing today Jack (as usual :) ), the pen knife is dripping with character :thumbsup:

Two beauties Buzz :thumbsup:

Carrying these two today:

Great pairing indeed !

Tom, have you noticed a real difference in the steels you have with those City knives? What steels do you have of that model?

Hey Brett - I have 2 of those in CPM154 and 3 in S35vn. In my daily use I have noticed virtually no difference in cutting performance. I think this is mainly due to them having convex blades, which in my experience still continue to slice well even when dull (as compared to V edges). I don't really let them get dull though, a little stropping keeps them very sharp. CPM154 may keep that freshly stropped edge a little longer, but that is a completely non-scientific observation.

I think CPM154 is supposed to be tougher? Not sure though, toughness is a fixed blade this size is not a quality of concern to me.

S35vn may have better stain resistance. Or maybe I am just more messy with the CPM154 versions :).

Thanks a lot Tom, that's a cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, much appreciated :)

Great pairing indeed !

Thanks Gev!

Back