What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks Jack! And thanks for posting the link to past discussion of its history. An interesting piece of history, indeed. :thumbsup:

Thanks! That's quite a T. Bose you've got there. Is it a stockman, or is there a fourth blade tucked in back there? I can't tell whether I'm looking at steel or background....

It's the case/Bose collab cattle knife. 3 blades all open from mark side. It's nearly perfect knife for me! Would be all I carry if I was a one knife kinda guy.

I imagine when that pair walks into a bar, it's a real showstopper, Tom! :p:thumbsup: Another two-folder day??!?? :confused::eek: Somebody call a doctor! :D

My "Euro" knife for this week is a gift from my daughter from a while ago. She bought it in the shop of Mariano Zamorano in Toledo, Spain (although it turns out the knife was made by the Nieto company):
8aAIJhR.jpg

- GT

lol, thanks GT! The Zamorano is gorgeous, my recent love of any knife with a white handle notwithstanding :thumbsup:. Speaking of, what is the handle material?

My folders only flu lasted 2 days, so medical attention is probably not required :).

Ron I've come back to that picture of your Dixie stockman at least 5 times that is on nice knife buddy. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! And thanks for posting the link to past discussion of its history. An interesting piece of history, indeed. :thumbsup:

You're welcome my friend, I've had several knives from that series and been impressed by all of them. Good to see they can still be found :) :thumbsup:

Carrying these two today, Needham Lambsfoot and a William Rodgers Penknife :thumbsup:

In the top pic, if you look carefully, you can see the water-wheel (Sheperd's Wheel) is operating, with water flowing from the pentrough onto the overshot wheel.

"Mykel, that's distinctive coloring on your stag Forum knife!!Has it always looked like that, or is that the result of letting a jigged slug crawl over it???"

Thanks GT, sorry I didn't see your quote earlier.
Jigged slug made me smile,:D no slug juice was involved though.:eek:

When I first got the SJ I sanded down some uncomfortable high spots and didn't like the exposed white bone that resulted, so I dyed it very lightly with some med brown leather dye that turned more yellow than brown.
After 3 years of on and off pocket time/use it has mellowed very nicely.

W1vsH
S. A. K. https://imgur.com/gallery/W1vsH
Ok, I don't get it. I go through the same steps, posting the image to imgur, copying the link, inserting the link, etc. About 25 percent of the time I get an image, the rest of the time I get this. Talk about frustration.

Is that pen as in Welsh for top or head?

A very interesting and intelligent question my friend :) In the ancient Cumbric language of Northern England (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbric) pen also means 'top' or 'head', but I think the word 'pentrough' relates more directly to pen as in an enclosure, from the Old English pin or pinn, a bolted gate or structure made of pointed stakes. A weir is built across a river (in this case the River Porter), which causes some of its content to divert through a goit (or mill-race) into a dam (or mill-pond). At the end of the dam is a large gated wooden box which fills with water, this is the 'pentrough'. When the gate is opened, water flows onto the water-wheel, making it turn, and sending power to the grinding wheels by means of a series of gears or cogs and leather drive belts :)

Back