What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That gorgeous white TC inspired me to carry some lighter colors today Jack :).

If someone could remind me which Northwoods this is it would be appreciated, I can't recall this one :confused: :eek:

Nice matching pair!

Great knives today, folks!
Have a great weekend!
I think I see a nice tomato and basil salad in my future!
lfvlZps.jpg

Love that amber dyed stag.

Sometimes I buy an inexpensive knife just because it's interesting and unusual and inexpensive. :D Then sometimes when I've spent my knife budget for the season, I look in the knife box for one I haven't carried in a while and half forgot about. It's almost like getting a new knife. :D Seriously, this Rough Rider Half-Hawk is a well made knife with smooth tobacco bone slabs. Bigger and heavier than I usually carry, but should be a fine weekend warrior.

View attachment 738277
That's pretty Rachel. Nice photo!

That is one of the best RR's I've had :) :thumbsup:

That's pretty Rachel. Nice photo!
Thanks, I'm really impressed with it, possibly the best $10 knife available. I don't know what the neighbors think when I stalk around the yard looking for a good background, crouch down to take a good picture early in the morning. "She was quiet, but strange." (I've been thinking of getting a scythe to mow my lawn. The neighbor kids already think I'm a witch, so why not lean in to that? ) :D
Rough Rider Half-Hawk 2.jpg

One more Saturday, I repeat my Portuguese!!!

tasr3o.jpg
Cool knife! I'll bet that polished stag feels nice in the hand. :thumbsup:

Nice matching pair!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't know what that Northwoods is, but I like!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! If I am correct it is a Norhwoods Gunstock Jack made by Queen, that KSF offered for free with a certain purchase amount (I was ordering a Wicked Edge sharpening system at the time). These were factory seconds I think, with CPM154 blade steel, which explains why there is no pitting issues after sitting in a desk for over a year :).

Amazing knife, Bob! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Took me a while to recognize it; my GEC ID skills definitely need some polishing! :rolleyes:

Such a dependable pocket toolbox! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks 5K. May I say that's a fantastic pruner sir. That rams horn looks a lot different than the rams horn that I've seen previously...I think posted by Mr Black? Anyway, a fine looking monster of a knife :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the accolades, donn! :) I wish I were a more experienced pruner user. I CAN attest that calling the knife a "monster" is right as rain! ;) Regarding ram's horn, there seem to be at least two types: a greenish, kind of "splintery" type like my pruner, and a browner, often smoother but grooved type. Inner and outer horn, maybe??

Thanks, Gary. That RR is still my favorite even if the sides are mismatched. You can only see one side at a time (unless you admire your knife in the mirror, but who does that!?).
Thanks for accepting my little half-whit despite its faults, Dean! ;):thumbsup:

Still carrying this Boker.
l183oT4.jpg
Mark, I think NOT carrying it would be quite a challenge for me! ;):thumbsup::cool: You've got me wanting a Böker like your Barlow! :D

Out of the Garden ( series )
35262616353_3d9c182579_b.jpg
Out of the Garden ( series )
35920021122_d172c0b76c_b.jpg
Heavenly, healthy (and hot) harvest you're enjoying, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Your knives are nutritious, too! ;)

It wasn't a bad day GT :) Nice Big Pruner, and it is always good to see your special Peanut :)
Thanks, Jack. Your two for the road are champions! :cool::thumbsup:

Cool camp knife, Hickory n steel! :cool: Are you and your canine companion doing some tent camping? I'm going to post a message on your profile page.

Bisecting a grape lets all the flavor out!
I look forward to winter around here. It's what folks up north would call autumn, and it's our reward for surviving the triple digit summer.

I'm just carrying a wee sleeveboard today.
View attachment 737950
We'll have to agree to disagree on grapes! :eek::D And climate, too! It's all relative!
Your wee sleeveboard is extremely prestigious! :cool::thumbsup:

Admirable ebony spearpoint TC, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: And congrats on your upcoming BF anniversary! :cool::thumbsup::cool: It's hard for me to believe that I officially joined a few days before you did; you always seem to me to be a much more knowledgeable and experienced member! :eek::D

I'm kicking around the house this evening with my ever-present Bermuda Green Peanut and one of my newest knives: this fantastic little JK Knives Bluegill in Osage-over-Blue. ...

imsVmiM.jpg
I always enjoy seeing your peanut, Shawn! :cool: That's the one you're taking care of for your little girl, right? :thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. I'm prepared to be stigmatized for my stockman spreadsheet (but I hope they don't find out about the one I use to catalogue my knife collection; it puts that one to shame!) :eek: :D

I would have never noticed the difference between the pen blades on the Texas Jack and Medium Jack, but the one on the Medium Jack does look smaller. Well observed!

Just a humble Opinel (No. 7) for me today.

PEL4AyM.jpg
Barrett, somehow I saw a little piece of your catalog spreadsheet and remember naively thinking, "Wait! You can put photos in a spreadsheet?? :eek:" :D
The beefy nature of the secondary blade on a Texas Jack was something pointed out in the Texas Jack thread that I may never have noticed on my own, but it sure caught my attention! Kinda reminds me of the pen blade on a SAK. :thumbsup:
Your Opinel #7 may be humble, but I always keep one on the kitchen counter, and every time I use it, I wonder why I'm messing around with so many other knives! If I simply want to cut stuff, my Opinel can't be beat! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Holy cow, that's a stunning knife, FR! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

While I wait for the 66 stag stockman I'll console myself with one less blade.

View attachment 738240
Heck of a consolation knife, Alan!! :thumbsup:;)

Taking the dogs for a walk with a Beagle in my pocket.View attachment 738242
:D:D:thumbsup:

I hope you have a splendid visit, Ron! :thumbsup: With that pair of knives, you're off to an excellent start!

Thanks Gary!
Ketchup & Salsa? :D
OK, I like ketchup on fries and salsa on chips, but I shouldn't be eating either of those delicacies. :thumbsdown: Unfortunately, my self-control related to buying knives is much better than my self-control about eating junk food! :(

Just got this one in the mail Thursday. ...
sBOjcUvl.jpg
Congrats on the classic Case Barlow, rockman! :cool::cool:

Thanks, I'm really impressed with it, possibly the best $10 knife available. I don't know what the neighbors think when I stalk around the yard looking for a good background, crouch down to take a good picture early in the morning. "She was quiet, but strange." (I've been thinking of getting a scythe to mow my lawn. The neighbor kids already think I'm a witch, so why not lean in to that? ) :D
View attachment 738482
Good to hear you're impressed with the RR Half Hawk, Rachel! :thumbsup: It's one of my favorite knives. I first got one in a trade with LastRodeo, and even though I liked it immensely, I ended up sending it to TsarBomba because he was trying to get a complete set of tobacco bone RRs. I bought a replacement when they became available again, and I like it even better because of its unusually dark covers.
Good luck with the nosy neighbors! :mad:

Rolling very simple and lightweight today with an Alox Apprentice.

Vt6uJlU.jpg

Excellent, Bob! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That model has been on my "watch list" since I first heard that such a thing once existed, but I'm not a very efficient or successful searcher. :rolleyes: Do you have a chisel grind on that "electrician's blade"?

My usual weekend pair, as of late.

914b31c5-0066-4aa7-baa4-3b1a08b29ac9_zps84bclpsz.jpg~original
Your weekend pair rocks, Jeff! :thumbsup:;)

Hello everyone new to the forum. I've been lurking for years. ...
IMG_0058.jpg
Welcome, Raymo! :) Phenomenal knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

The jigging is sheer jubilation! :eek::thumbsup: The reflection of the coined liners in the blade is spooky-cool! :cool::thumbsup: Decadent Davison, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

One more Saturday, I repeat my Portuguese!!!

tasr3o.jpg
One more Saturday, I'll express my admiration for that Portuguese knife, Pt-Luso! :cool::thumbsup:

A Hemlock "Green" #66 appeared in my mailbox this morning.

Aot65anh.jpg
Congrats, Buzz! :thumbsup::cool: I'm green with envy! ;)

Kitchen knives this week:
Rough Rider marlin spike
CiN6uR5.jpg

GEC #72 (thanks, Dee)
bVphih4.jpg

Spanish Taramundi purchased in Sevilla
esq7JrY.jpg

- GT

Yeah, GT, that little Peanut is the one I've carried nearly everyday since she came into this world. I really don't know if I could ask for much more out of a pocket knife, and I hope her seeing me use it for the years to come will remind her of me when I'm long gone.

The handle on that Taramundi is gorgeous! Did you purchase that one while visiting your daughter or did she snag that one for you?

Thanks guys! If I am correct it is a Norhwoods Gunstock Jack made by Queen, that KSF offered for free with a certain purchase amount (I was ordering a Wicked Edge sharpening system at the time). These were factory seconds I think, with CPM154 blade steel, which explains why there is no pitting issues after sitting in a desk for over a year :).
Great! Free is always good:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Thanks, I'm really impressed with it, possibly the best $10 knife available. I don't know what the neighbors think when I stalk around the yard looking for a good background, crouch down to take a good picture early in the morning. "She was quiet, but strange." (I've been thinking of getting a scythe to mow my lawn. The neighbor kids already think I'm a witch, so why not lean in to that? )
View attachment 738482

Cool knife! I'll bet that polished stag feels nice in the hand. :thumbsup:
I agree! Keep em wondering :eek::rolleyes::)

A Hemlock "Green" #66 appeared in my mailbox this morning.

Aot65anh.jpg

Buzz that's a beautiful knife! I finally got the notification on Friday that mine was shipping today. I hope it is exactly the same shade of "Green" as yours! :thumbsup:

Admirable ebony spearpoint TC, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: And congrats on your upcoming BF anniversary! :cool::thumbsup::cool: It's hard for me to believe that I officially joined a few days before you did; you always seem to me to be a much more knowledgeable and experienced member! :eek::D
I hope you have a splendid visit, Ron! :thumbsup: With that pair of knives, you're off to an excellent start!

Gary, thank you my friend for your always kind and thoughtful words. I had not even thought about my BF Anniversary coming up soon. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Carried my first 73 Stag and my Hartkoph today for Stag Saturday. Was very busy until after dark so have to use old photos

Whenever I carry the Harthoph , I get reminded of how much we enjoyed our visit in May 2017 to Germany and visited a monastery in Ansdech , Germany and not only enjoyed the tour of it but also a great meal , and for my taste the best Dark Beer that I have ever had . I have included a picture taken inside the church there and a picture of my noon lunch . I hope you do not mind .

Harry

Back