What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@5K Qs
Thanks Gary. The Churchill Yellow Rose is out for delivery. Very happy about the Yankees but I'm way too superstitious to start celebrating.

Thanks, Jack. :) Your pair definitely seems worthy of consecutive carries!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bcugX4K.jpg

ZmHE3qY.jpg

D2xLUE2.jpg

Thank you my friend, an eclectic selection of customised folders there :) :thumbsup:

@5K Qs Thank you for the kind comments. Yes, I do have a few knives, old and new, slipjoints and others. I was lucky to have a loving stepfather who shared with me, among other interests, his hobby of knife collecting. When he passed in 2012, he shared his knives. As their custodian, I am trying to catch up on their pedigree (though their provenance is mostly forgotten). I am very grateful for the education and insight that I have gained from this forum and its delightful denizens.

Today, I'm carrying this Queen model 31 (1961-1971) which rides very well in the pocket.

EAxEb4c.jpg

Most of my day today will be spent packing for an annual pheasant hunting trip in South Dakota this weekend. This will be the 14th consecutive trip for several buddies and me. My utilitarian selections for EDC in the field are: Case Sodbuster Jr., Gerber Gator, Grohmann DH Russell #3s, and Gerber field shears (which I'll probably leave back at the farmhouse).

J4AREhY.jpg

yYSP8ay.jpg

I will be back on Tuesday, God willing and the creek don't rise.
- Stuart

Last edited:
If I got that just the other day, I'd be carrying too. One of these days I'll get a Norfolk. And a wharncliffe trapper. In the meantime I'll just have to pacify myself by rubbing the jigged bone of my 2004 Muskrat.

I had the wharncliff trapper once upon a time. Great knife, kinda wish I had kept it. Those Coffin Jack's call to me. Funds are severely depleted though after scoring this and a TV humpback whittler. :)

Very elegant Gev :thumbsup:

Super Duper Kevin ;) :thumbsup:

Two very special knives Harry, and huge generosity on the part of The Legend! :) :thumbsup:
(I'm darn angry you don't have your Guardians yet my friend :mad: :( )

Third day in a row for these two :thumbsup:

Smashing pair yourself !!! Thank you :D

The Sharpfinger is a great knife and deserves a revival as it's so useful. I only have a modern Chinese made one as getting the US ones here in Europe is tricky & expensive, but it's not a bad effort either. What I'd really like is a top condition old one dressed with some very fine Stag slabs!:D:cool:

Regards, Will
I think there's a lot of room to play with this classic blade shape Will. That said I like the utilitarian sawn Delrin on mine very much.

Back