1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. HeathH

HeathH Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    A little free time today let me finish this one up finally! The spey blade was wrecked from the factory.. when they tried to sharpen it they toasted the heat treat and the edges were absolutely butchered (most of the blade was discolored blue and gold!). The main blade had some pretty bad rap at the tip and the sheep's foot was super lazy. I just intended to remove the spey, swap it's spring for the one on the sheepsfoot and fix the rap, but the steel pins and nickel silver bolsters make these things a booger to take apart, so this one got the Micarta Shadow treatment. I think it's gonna be in my pocket for a little while ~ it came out pretty sweet!

My Spey-Speyed 303:

20180113_143835-2211x1242.jpg

2. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Tried my hand at a forced patina with apple cider vinegar. For my first time, I don’t think it turned out bad at all. Time to let it go natural from here.

3DFD8F2C-0B69-4FD4-8B33-44EA1ADAAE0B.jpeg

3. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Couple of classics, @peanutsxx !!:cool::cool: (And if you stuck a green knife at the bottom, you'd have an ever-popular (with me, anyway ;)) "traffic light" composition! :thumbsup::D)

@Ironbut , that Case sawcut Barlow is such an awesome old knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Another "teaser", Ron??? :confused:
    That pair could certainly raise any knife fan's spirits! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

:D Seems doubtful that it would be my glove. Did it look like the one behind my "Silver Bullet" Imperial?
    [​IMG]

Congrats, Drew, on another fabulous knife for your collection! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I enjoy seeing that unusual stag Forum knife, @Mykel!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Three fine knives, FBC!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats, @Falling_rain , it certainly looks regal! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional info and photo, Jer! That looks like it's in excellent condition! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Wow, wonderful Case whittler, @Travman !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I forgot to include any of this week's knives for me in my post yesterday (although I doubt if there was much room available). Here are some of my "recent arrivals" I've been carrying this week while I work on the new, improved edition of my rotation schedule. I'm gonna take my cue from Elvis, who sang something like, "You'll be doing all right with your Christmas of white, but I'll have a canoe, canoe, canoe, canoe Christmas!"
    Rough Rider tobacco bone:
    [​IMG]

RR tobacco bone canittler:
    [​IMG]

RR "bolster stripes" model with "peach seed" jigging:
    [​IMG]

Winchester canoes in yellow synthetic and in "buckstag":
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This stag AG Russell Mohawk canoe wasn't a Christmas gift, but I picked it up not so long ago:
    [​IMG]

- GT

4. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    Thanks GT for the comment!

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
  6. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 17, 2009
    That came out awesome!

HWF likes this.
  7. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    My old work van resisted but fired up regardless of the balmy weather:D[​IMG]

A new arrival yesterday so I snapped a quick pick of my latest #78 and then put my gloves back on asap:eek:
    [​IMG]

8. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Yep, this Churchill has become my EDC.

238D0512-4AE7-485C-B429-E3F1AE57C44D.jpeg

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Captivating collection of canoes, GT!

10. Turk88

Turk88

Aug 11, 2011
    Upsized my stockman from a 66.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. SteveC

SteveC

Jul 13, 2017
  12. Ratbert

Ratbert Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Fantastic job on this one...looks great!!

HeathH likes this.
  13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Dang Paul!!! Don’t get frostbite taking those pictures! :eek: It is a beautiful 78 though! :D

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Elvis,....I mean Gary! ;) Your RR Tobacco Bone is a beautiful knife! :thumbsup::cool:

15. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Today A SAK and 8OT Stockman!

Amir Fleschwund, Duckdog and 315 like this.
  16. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Steve your photos are always of great quality :thumbsup:

17. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    You guys and gals are probably sick of seeing this knife... but it has ruled my pocket since it's arrival.
    [​IMG]

18. SteveC

SteveC

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks !

rockman0 likes this.
  19. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2012
    I like the looks of that one, really nice work!

Thanks Gary. That is a fine flotilla of canoes!

For Stagurday. :eek::rolleyes::D
    [​IMG]

20. peanutsxx

peanutsxx Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Thanks GT! I need to train my eye better...didn't even occur to me. But then I don't have a green knife...hmmm...

That is a boat-load (???) of canoes! Very nice!