What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

You guys and gals are probably sick of seeing this knife... but it has ruled my pocket since it's arrival.
ECQROer.jpg

I don’t think I would ever get tired of staring at this beauty!

Thanks Jack! That’s a dandy pair you’ve chosen for today! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Today, these two provided a little sunshine on an otherwise dreary day! :D
24786225277_9f8fda2e16_b_d.jpg

Thanks Ron, classic carries there my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Your stag and unicorn go together like drink and food! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fine choice of three for the road, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is there a companion volume to that book that many of us on The Porch would appreciate, titled Things to Do with 50 Pen Knives? ;)

Cheers GT! ;) LOL! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 828253

I’ll be carrying one of these.

Beautiful cabinet Leslie :thumbsup:

Stunning knives gents :thumbsup:

Nice knives and pics today folks! Have a great weekend!
My current cutlery carry.
DcbXnES.jpg

Cool group-shot Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

I have these two with me again today. I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

MKcaSJ8.jpg

Wonderful pair Dylan :thumbsup:

Been away for a bit due to a family issue, but hoping to participate more going forward. These two today:

Good to see you back Tom, hope things get easier with time my friend :thumbsup:

A little free time today let me finish this one up finally! The spey blade was wrecked from the factory.. when they tried to sharpen it they toasted the heat treat and the edges were absolutely butchered (most of the blade was discolored blue and gold!). The main blade had some pretty bad rap at the tip and the sheep's foot was super lazy. I just intended to remove the spey, swap it's spring for the one on the sheepsfoot and fix the rap, but the steel pins and nickel silver bolsters make these things a booger to take apart, so this one got the Micarta Shadow treatment. I think it's gonna be in my pocket for a little while ~ it came out pretty sweet!

My Spey-Speyed 303:

View attachment 828706

Nice work :thumbsup:

uL9U8vb.jpg

RR tobacco bone canittler:
qOLn1ab.jpg

RR "bolster stripes" model with "peach seed" jigging:
ZNp5HIR.jpg

Winchester canoes in yellow synthetic and in "buckstag":
DLv0hYe.jpg

savMmuq.jpg

This stag AG Russell Mohawk canoe wasn't a Christmas gift, but I picked it up not so long ago:
ZOzul8A.jpg

- GT

Looks like you've been busy GT! :D :) I think RR do a nice job of their Tobacco Bone, really like the covers of that AGR Mohawk too :thumbsup:

Smashing Barlow :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday :) I've had a lazy day so far, but I see chores looming in my future! :eek: ;) Carrying this A.Wright Sambar Lambsfoot again today, and encouraged by one of @leghog 's recent threads, I've dug out the other two, which I bought in 1979 and 1982 respectively :thumbsup:

A little free time today let me finish this one up finally! The spey blade was wrecked from the factory.. when they tried to sharpen it they toasted the heat treat and the edges were absolutely butchered (most of the blade was discolored blue and gold!). The main blade had some pretty bad rap at the tip and the sheep's foot was super lazy. I just intended to remove the spey, swap it's spring for the one on the sheepsfoot and fix the rap, but the steel pins and nickel silver bolsters make these things a booger to take apart, so this one got the Micarta Shadow treatment. I think it's gonna be in my pocket for a little while ~ it came out pretty sweet!

My Spey-Speyed 303:

View attachment 828706

Absolutely beautiful. I love seeing that kind of craftsmanship!

Whoa! Those birds eyes look great against the covers on your Wiseman. I’m not really a big shadow fan, but those just POP!
Thanks man, definitely one of my favorites I own. Gene makes an incredible knife.

Back