What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

oe4Jc4K.jpg

I was just playin' with photo shop, it's ok. Believe me there'd be tear stains on the keyboard if I broke my blade. I've only ever broke one blade in my life and that was trying to bend a bent blade back to true.

Sorry if I gave anyone a scare but Photoshop can be fun. ;) Happy Belated April Fools day. ;)

I was just playin' with photo shop, it's ok. Believe me there'd be tear stains on the keyboard if I broke my blade. I've only ever broke one blade in my life and that was trying to bend a bent blade back to true.

Sorry if I gave anyone a scare but Photoshop can be fun. ;) Happy Belated April Fools day. ;)
You got me on that one too!;)

That Böker whittler is captivating, Stuart, and the "speckled" pile side reminds me of an old Böker that r8shell r8shell has. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. If I am close to anything that r8shell r8shell has, I'm in good company.

Thanks, Stuart. :) My knives and I are minor leaguers, but the game is intriguing at any level! :cool::thumbsup:;)

You doth protest too much, my friend. You are my glue here.

:thumbsup:;) When I was a kid, Dad would try to teach me to light a match on the thigh of my jeans, but I never caught on; had to always use my zipper to strike a match.

Two toothsome toothpicks, Gev and Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Not sure why I've become so fond of them! Longer than I typically prefer, clip blade is certainly not my favorite; maybe because I remember one of my Grandpas carrying one. But I'm enchanted now by 2-bladed toothpicks in particular; I have a clip/pen Imperial and a clip/spey Buck that greatly please me. :)

Once you carry (and use) one, you are hooked. They are the "shape of the pocket".

My watch pocket knife this week is a Hen & Rooster green pick bone mini canoe (thanks, Will)

My heart is running rapids with that captivating canoe. I, and I am unanimous in this, really cant to that canoe.
- Stuart

The wife, we were helping a friend brand on Sunday.

D6daQXe.jpg

Dave, that's a great picture of a working ranch operation, not a scene many of get to enjoy. I see the omnipresent knife/sheath, but her working outfits are always so elegantly utilitarian, with a soft touch. Stunning, sir (though she and her horse make the picture). (NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT SHOW THIS PICTURE TO YOUR WIFE.)
- Stuart

My two Son's and I are headed to St Paul tonight for my step dads funeral tomorrow. A 600 mile round trip to pay respects to a good man and to be by Mom's side. Bob Seger's "Roll me away" on the cars stereo with a flood of memories in my head. Music can transport you like nothing else can:thumbsup: to be with my boys is a special thing as we say goodbye tomorrow. RIP Warren, I will have a cigar in your honor as it was you that educated me on a good smoke:thumbsup:

A Eureka jack today and my most memorable knife tomorrow, my ebony TC. To all my friends here on the porch, have a good weekend:thumbsup:
xZAMen.jpg

I admit you had me going there!

My two Son's and I are headed to St Paul tonight for my step dads funeral tomorrow. A 600 mile round trip to pay respects to a good man and to be by Mom's side. Bob Seger's "Roll me away" on the cars stereo with a flood of memories in my head. Music can transport you like nothing else can:thumbsup: to be with my boys is a special thing as we say goodbye tomorrow. RIP Warren, I will have a cigar in your honor as it was you that educated me on a good smoke:thumbsup:

A Eureka jack today and my most memorable knife tomorrow, my ebony TC. To all my friends here on the porch, have a good weekend:thumbsup:
xZAMen.jpg
My condolences Paul.

Those little Imperial platinum Jacks are cool little knives, r8shell and I both have one. :).

Sorry, thought the little Buck was an Imperial. They have the same clip blade. Sorry, my bad, my mistake. Never mind. :eek:

Last edited:
Had 3 with me today.
One in each pocket and one in the backpack. Found plenty of mushrooms so they all took turns on some stem cutting.
OOqKhUX.jpg

ehQfK6x.jpg

Duyh8ni.jpg

MQykcyU.jpg

Nice!

While you're poking through the woods, with your eyes on the ground, do you ever find any dropped antlers?
I realize it's a bit late, and any still out there have likely been ruined by rodents, but you never know.

xZAMen.jpg
Our most sincere condolences, Paul! Your family will be in our prayers.

But...have a great road trip wiyh your sons, and jammin' to some Bob!

xZAMen.jpg
Condolences, Paul. Good lessons for your sons.

Thanks, Duckdog! I'm the one in good company. Those Boker Whittlers in thuya wood are pretty nice, but be careful. I let mine get wet a few years ago. It was early April, I believe.
View attachment 907771

I knew it! :p

Some here are going to think you photoshopped that, but I've seen it happen. Sort of.

When I was a kid, I ignored Dad's warnings, and swallowed a watermelon seed. Yup. Just like the juniper growing out of your Boker, I had leaves coming out one end, and roots coming out the other.

xZAMen.jpg

I'm saddened for your loss, sir.
And inspired by you and your sons taking the opportunity to spend time together. Time spent with our children is about the most precious commodity I know of.

xZAMen.jpg
Condolences from you friends in Tennessee Paul.

xZAMen.jpg
Prayers sent for you and your family!

Back