What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I am carrying a light and old Imperial toothpick

And I can see why, Gev. Very nice knife. Your post peer-pressured my choice to tote a toothpick, too, today. Unfortunately, we are enduring a frog-strangling rain so my pics had to be indoors and the effects aren't great (even Mr. Elk had to let off some steam about it).

zxhYbgx.jpg

BQ2UHEo.jpg

5jO0Gi7.jpg

- Stuart

And I can see why, Gev. Very nice knife. Your post peer-pressured my choice to tote a toothpick, too, today. Unfortunately, we are enduring a frog-strangling rain so my pics had to be indoors and the effects aren't great (even Mr. Elk had to let off some steam about it).

zxhYbgx.jpg

BQ2UHEo.jpg

5jO0Gi7.jpg

- Stuart[/QUO
And what a knife!!!!

Funny...I was thinking of you when I posted cause of the duck on mine :D What was that series narrated by Rod Serling ;):)

Sublime knives, Dylan, that remind me of the cereal my wife sometimes eats for breakfast: Great Grains! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the edge on that spear, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliments, GT! I wish I could take credit for that sweet edge on the Big Jack but it came from the prior owner, he did a pretty stellar job on it.

I'm backing that up with a bigger, heftier Böker stockman I won in a recent GAW (thanks, Will). It's serving as my Free Choice Knife of the Week.
nh-stock-mark-3open-jpg.907147

I am sure you know my penchant for red by now so you likely will not be surprised to read that I am drawn to your Boker here. A very fine knife, clad in the very best of red.

I am carrying these two today.

jocCxn7.jpg

I still have the SK Blades 112 on the belt, and a 301 in the pocket.
I did take the SAK Huntsman off the lanyard and replaced it with an Ulster BSA knife.

Serling's was the Twilight Zone and I see your point, but I fell down the Black Box hole, like oldtymer oldtymer . I blame Half/Stop Half/Stop for my dilemma.Speaking of spooky, you know that Tom Wolfe just passed and I also thought of Thomas Wolfe, a fellow North Carolinian.
-Stuart
I haven't fallen down that hole....yet. Will fell hard as well. Must be a good one with the company it pulls into its vortex

I did not know Tom had passed. Pour it on, Tom They both seemed to have similar sensibilities. Spooky indeed. I've not read any of Tom's book and will make it a point.

Last edited:
Serling's was the Twilight Zone and I see your point, but I fell down the Black Box hole, like oldtymer oldtymer . I blame Half/Stop Half/Stop for my dilemma. Speaking of spooky, you know that Tom Wolfe just passed and I also thought of Thomas Wolfe, a fellow North Carolinian.
-Stuart
:D What did I tell you Stuart! :eek: The Black Box Winchester models that were made by Queen while Bill Howard was still there can be some of the best bargains in today’s market. :thumbsup: IMHO ;)

A new-to-me #14

AEj1PDE.jpg
Couple of appetizing knife-and-food shots, @Copperberry and @Roscotanna !:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fine "Swiss" Mr. GT !!!
Thank you, sir. :)
Mesmerizing!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I suppose these two will do for today. :)

25855231997_e8d5dc074e_b_d.jpg
... I think that that Black Alox Pioneer is a might fine SAK for EDC. :)
It's a shame you have to "settle" for that glorious pair, Ron!! :rolleyes::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the Pioneer props. :)

What better to tote on Wooden Wednesday than a whittler? I'm carrying a Boker 1982 limited edition whittler and Daniel Cannady's small game knife (in a sheath in my pocket). For perspective, the Boker is 3 7/16" and the Cannady is 6". ...
o3fa3KA.jpg

- Stuart
That Böker whittler is captivating, Stuart, and the "speckled" pile side reminds me of an old Böker that @r8shell has. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yesterday's mail call, today's carry.
Another interesting knife/background match, Ken! :thumbsup::thumbsup: We have one of those Peterson Field Guides that I use during vacation trips to Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Today is the 30 day mark for receipt of this knife. Tomorrow marks a full 30 days in pocket. Have a great day all!

View attachment 906949
Time flies when you're havin' fun with a grand knife!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the milestone! :cool::cool:

Good stuff! Day 1 for me...
View attachment 906962
The longest journey begins with a single step! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Y:eek:WZA!! That's the first camel bone cover that made me sit up and take notice!! Brilliant! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Wednesday, folks. I have these two with me.

FMr3qTq.jpg
Terrific timbered twosome, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying this Utica pen knife today

KLi20VVh.jpg
The slanted lined bolsters work well with the verdant covers, Steve!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Celluloid handles?

I've never had a problem with it GT but a long time ago I went to a barber that had a couple of barber strops hanging off the side of his chair and he was always using them to hone his straight razor. His name was Tom and he taught me how to strop a knife properly and told me an old leather belt would work fine. I've been using this one for about 7 or 8 years.
Thanks for the story and belt info, Randy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 907130
Haven't had time to snap a picture, but I've got my Navy Lambsfoot again today. I love the size and action on this knife, and the lambsfoot is super functional.
Sounds like it will be a keeper, Joshua!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. You are packing some pretty solid choices of pretties, too.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :) My knives and I are minor leaguers, but the game is intriguing at any level! :cool::thumbsup:;)

I dug out the big jack for Wooden Wednesday.
dp0AZ4I.jpg
Notable knife, @Dschal !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Striker pulls look cool, but if I only had one match to light a fire, I'd strike it on the zipper of my jeans.:cool:
:thumbsup:;) When I was a kid, Dad would try to teach me to light a match on the thigh of my jeans, but I never caught on; had to always use my zipper to strike a match.

Yes, it is. You can see it a little better here...

Gevonovich Gevonovich r8shell , good looking cats.
Here is our little leader of the house.
18899365092_f95b655a57_c.jpg

I think she had a hard night. :p:D

Da Churchill
41439281294_d9cb89e273_h.jpg
Thanks for the additional pic of the humpback. :) I must have slept like your cat last night; my neck was killing me this morning! :confused: Those ebony Churchills are always in high gear! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

pistonsandgears pistonsandgears , that's a ravishing knife!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool: #57 Geppetto whittler??

... I am carrying a light and old Imperial toothpick

7889902376_026eacdb8d_b.jpg

And I can see why, Gev. Very nice knife. Your post peer-pressured my choice to tote a toothpick, too, today. ...
zxhYbgx.jpg

- Stuart
Two toothsome toothpicks, Gev and Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Not sure why I've become so fond of them! Longer than I typically prefer, clip blade is certainly not my favorite; maybe because I remember one of my Grandpas carrying one. But I'm enchanted now by 2-bladed toothpicks in particular; I have a clip/pen Imperial and a clip/spey Buck that greatly please me. :)

My watch pocket knife this week is a Hen & Rooster green pick bone mini canoe (thanks, Will):
5IUle2s.jpg

My stag/horn knife this week is a stag knife (made by Salamandra, I think) that my daughter got me in Toledo Spain:
FA4yK4f.jpg

(Although I designated a John Watts ring-opener that I posted yesterday as my "Euro Knife of the Week", I'm actually carrying a bunch of other knives that qualify: a black Alox Pioneer and a red celidor Tinker, an Ireland Imperial stockman, the H&R mini canoe, and the Spanish stag knife! :rolleyes: Oops, and how did I forget the beautiful Böker stockman that's my "unscheduled" knife this week?!?)

- GT

Last edited:
ssshhhh! Ron!:eek: Those Black Boxes seem to be getting scarcer all of a sudden, I've a job to find ANY nowadays, and I need backups....;):D:D
I’ve noticed that also Will! Maybe instead of bragging we should have been quite! ;) I’ve got six different models now. I quess if I give them respect and maintain them as they should be someone else will get to enjoy them someday! But hey, one can never have too many can they??? :eek::D

Spot on Ron! I want a user/reserve ideally, but seems elusive and frankly I'm not surprised-due to the quality and the appearance of these knives.

I know you don't care to drink but I'm toasting the BB Winchesters with a Kentucky Mule:D No copper mug for me though can't stand drinking alcohol out of anything but glass:thumbsup: Cut up the limes with a BB Swell Centre Pen :cool: You can see where GEC got their cue for the Conductor, another favourite of mine.

Regards, Will

Sounds like it will be a keeper, Joshua!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My watch pocket knife this week is a Hen & Rooster green pick bone mini canoe (thanks, Will):
5IUle2s.jpg

My stag/horn knife this week is a stag knife (made by Salamandra, I think) that my daughter got me in Toledo Spain:
FA4yK4f.jpg

(Although I designated a John Watts ring-opener that I posted yesterday as my "Euro Knife of the Week", I'm actually carrying a bunch of other knives that qualify: a black Alox Pioneer and a red celidor Tinker, an Ireland Imperial stockman, the H&R mini canoe, and the Spanish stag knife! :rolleyes: Oops, and how did I forget the beautiful Böker stockman that's my "unscheduled" knife this week?!?)

- GT

Thanks GT, it is definitely a keeper. What is that little stone figuring in your top picture? Your Toledo knife reminds me of my custom Spring Heeled Jack with the view of Toledo painting scales.

Back