What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Awww...cute!

Churchill's are great user knives, aren't they? Mine's getting some cool patina.
View attachment 907280

Tacky says thanks....that's not true, she just looked at me like I was stupid and she knows she is cute. :D

I totally agree with you about the Churchill. That's some good honest patina, right tharrr. :thumbsup:
patina patina

Awww...cute!

Churchill's are great user knives, aren't they? Mine's getting some cool patina.
View attachment 907280

I was just looking at your lovely ebony churchill and thinking what other shields would look good on a churchill. Here's my short list:

Bowtie
Orleans
Swell Bar
Propeller
Diamong
Oval

GEC-SHIELDS.jpg

What do you think?

Tacky says thanks....that's not true, she just looked at me like I was stupid and she knows she is cute. :D

I totally agree with you about the Churchill. That's some good honest patina, right tharrr. :thumbsup:
patina patina
Cats always look at you like you're stupid. It's one of their charms. :)
I was just looking at your lovely ebony churchill and thinking what other shields would look good on a churchill. Here's my short list:

Bowtie
Orleans
Swell Bar
Propeller
Diamong
Oval

GEC-SHIELDS.jpg

What do you think?
I like the Square Bar shield on the 2016 Drover.

I've been pretty much alternating between my 77 and the Churchill this week.

I've never met a cat that liked citrus fruit, so I've had to eat it all. :)

Here's today's carries with Echo in one of her "rolling spots"
View attachment 907171
That cat photo made me think of a certain Stephen King novel (no offense intended)..

Not high dollar but long on performance. Still one of my favoritesView attachment 905928

Had these two with me today.
c4GWSPB.jpg

gODMdzd.jpg

Beautiful knife and fungus, scary poison ivy. Ying AND yang.
- Stuart

I picture 'shroom hunters so intent on the hunt for morels that they never even notice they are elbows deep in the old Leaves Of Three Let It Be.

Still have the "Big Jack" with me today. A solid, reassuring presence in the pocket, this knife is a tank.

fXzliSq.jpg

I am also very fond of big jacks. My #54 is hafted in muslin micarta, which is great, but yours in wood is stunning.

Bowtie
Orleans
Swell Bar
Propeller
Diamong
Oval

GEC-SHIELDS.jpg

What do you think?

Interesting thought, a shield can really make or mar a knife. One of the reasons I've lost interest in GEC Stag is that they bottled out of inletting shields on those knives.:( Great loss!

In this case the Churchill being EE I'd opt for Banner (not too large though) or Propeller, let's add an all stainless option there too for dreamers of wild dreams :cool::rolleyes:

I picture 'shroom hunters so intent on the hunt for morels that they never even notice they are elbows deep in the old Leaves Of Three Let It Be.

I am very fortunate to not be too reactive to poison ivy. I can break the vines up and squeeze the juice out and maybe get a few itchy bubbles on my fingers. My Mom cant even be downwind from a big patch without getting it. Strange how it doesn't affect some folks.

Interesting thought, a shield can really make or mar a knife. One of the reasons I've lost interest in GEC Stag is that they bottled out of inletting shields on those knives.:( Great loss!

In this case the Churchill being EE I'd opt for Banner (not too large though) or Propeller, let's add an all stainless option there too for dreamers of wild dreams :cool::rolleyes:

Little details matter, although a shield may not really count as a little detail. A stainless Churchill would be a dream come true. Seems more like a fantasy at the present time.

Past week here has seen the hottest temps in Europe:cool: Better than the Med and let me remind you that everything is above latitude 60 here. 27c again yesterday:D But today in the west it's cooled down a lot, so I need something hot to carry :)

XcAVtjI.jpg
It would be hard to put that one down ! I am carrying a light and old Imperial toothpick

7889902376_026eacdb8d_b.jpg

Edit to add:
I went on my nightly walk last night and felt compelled to check the free neighborhood book exchange. Last week I riff quoted Thomas Wolfe from a movie I watched at my Dads ....and what do I find.....a copy of Look Homeward Angel staring back at me :eek: I read into the wee hours...what a book !

Last edited:
Back