What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

37308812_10160629163075613_2528422486668738560_n.jpg

Is that the Osage orange wood?
The #73L is an awesome carry and very handy.

Yes, it is.
It isn't as yellow as I expected but love it.
This is the only GEC and slip joint at the moment.
I just ordered #15 and am ready to get more #73s when available.

Naturally, though a man will have his favorites. Your comment about speys sounds like a challenge a knifemaker should take up to prove you wrong. I like to think about knife shapes in terms of the whole knife--if the handle lines complement the blade shape, then you have something more special than just a generic handle shape with a blade attached to it.

:) No, not a challenge, it would be futile due to my mindset :D I see no use for a Spey in my situation, I don't geld animals..:eek: nor skin them. Don't want to use a pocket-knife for spreading jam or suchlike - the default use of the Spey it would appear - think of the joints:thumbsdown: It's actually an ugly looking blade to my eye anyway:D It is part of a 3 blade set up on certain Stockman and just looks more than absurd as a single-blade whatever the frame :rolleyes: ;):D

All other blades rule :cool:

:) No, not a challenge, it would be futile due to my mindset :D I see no use for a Spey in my situation, I don't geld animals..:eek: nor skin them. Don't want to use a pocket-knife for spreading jam or suchlike - the default use of the Spey it would appear - think of the joints:thumbsdown: It's actually an ugly looking blade to my eye anyway:D It is part of a 3 blade set up on certain Stockman and just looks more than absurd as a single-blade whatever the frame :rolleyes: ;):D

All other blades rule :cool:
To be honest, I have no use for a spey blade either and don’t find it appealing either.

To be honest I just recently started carrying a stockman myself. But I find myself doing what I remember of my Dad carrying one.
Clip blade:kept insanely sharp, used to casually whittle,peel and slice various fruits and veggies,food prep while camping/eating utensil
Sheepfoot:kept "real sharp" used to cut most everyday things. Boxes,tape,rope,string etc.
Spey: grunge blade, kept "kinda sharp"used to scrape gaskets,open a bag of quickcrete,strip wires,etc

OVB ( Our Very Best ) trademark of HSB ( Hibbard Spencer & Bartlett... a hardware company ) , probably made by Camillus. A crown jack that looks to have been carried with a grin :D I know it brings one on for me. Mark.....May those old top cutlers that were surely chosen to craft this knife be looking down on you with a smile :)

Thank you, Marko ;)

41643650890_c80e5415d0_b.jpg

Wow! Just amazing!

Clip blade:kept insanely sharp, used to casually whittle,peel and slice various fruits and veggies,food prep while camping/eating utensil
Sheepfoot:kept "real sharp" used to cut most everyday things. Boxes,tape,rope,string etc.
Spey: grunge blade, kept "kinda sharp"used to scrape gaskets,open a bag of quickcrete,strip wires,etc

This is my formula for all my Stockman knives as well! :)

Back