What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

SW 8OT today

h0wlPUXh.jpg

Are those Russians or Bulgarians on the bottom picture with the mashineguns? May I ask what book that is and if it's any good?

The knife's jolly well great of course! :D

Thanks Žan! The book is about each week in The Great War 1914-18, lot of interesting old photos but inevitably inaccuracies....Those soldiers with the machine-gun on wheels are Russian prisoners in the hands of the Germans, I think 1916, will have to check.

Queen knives in D2 from the early years of this century are gems, if you see them get one:thumbsup:

Gec calf roper in micarta. This is my first traditional knife, and damn I love it!!!. I been eyeing a gec #43 in orange bone. Really anything in orange bone. Anyone have anything they want to get rid of?

Reactions: HWF
Interesting knife my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Struggling with my internet connection this morning, but toting these two :thumbsup:

View attachment 968611

View attachment 968612
Ebony and stag lambsfoots - starting the week with style, Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welding beams in the air. Really liking this old case for a work knife.

39453969_10160754709570613_8298577672930328576_n.jpg
Stylish simplicity! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 968630 View attachment 968629

Today my first grandchild will be baptized. Maybe this barlow will be his one day. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
Congrats, on the grandchild's baptism, Leslie! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That Case Barlow is a fine choice for an event to remember.

Glorious knife!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That's the one you got at the Rendezvous, right? Do you have at least one other stag 26?

A before church inspection of the garden.
View attachment 968646
Auspicious duo, Jeff; the Tip Top Barlow really grabbed my attention! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I carried this Imperial Ireland all last week while visiting NYC. I mailed a package of SAK Classics and some of those old tiny Imperial lockbacks to give away as gifts while there.
Back home, spoiled for choice...I think it'll be the little stag Lambsfoot today. :)
View attachment 968684 View attachment 968685 I sure do miss the old subway tokens.
:(
Intriguing Imperial Ireland! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I like the scalloped sheepsfoot. Linerless construction? Is the yellow rectangle something functional?

Today, I'm totin' a pair of pearls. A Remington equal end lobster pen (1933-1935) and the upper knife is a sleeveboard lobster pen, the maker of which is a mystery to me. ...
4gEsKdh.jpg

Edited to add that a fellow forum member informed me that this is an old/rare Cattaraugus Cutlery Co. stamp. Thank goodness for helpful friends on the Porch (@galvanic1882 ).
- Stuart
Pearl and stainless for me on Sundays.
bXYtEFn.jpg
Fancy pearls, Stuart & Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Stuart, I'm glad someone could help you with the ID. Jeff, is that a mini trapper size?

It's the Pony Jack today...
Pretty Pony, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that the jack version of the Whit Owl?

Utica Jack today

q6yakfzh.jpg
Today's : The 44 to go with these should be here Monday .
Harry
Steve & Nick, delectable golden brown jigged bone on your vintage knives!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
And Harry, your more recent models show that GEC is no slouch at providing tasteful bone! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It’s a British Invasion

XcwMRAj.jpg
Congrats on a couple of stunning stag lambsfoot knives!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

...I’m carrying this souvenir today! Have a blessed Sunday!

43123570435_1fe1b50475_b_d.jpg
Scintillating scarlet Barlow, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I slipped this USA Schrade Ramrod into my pocket when I went hiking on Friday, so it will probably just ride with me all week.

View attachment 968747
Awesome Old Timer, @Ratbert ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Striking knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Chestnut jigged bone muskrat?

Carrying my AG Russell premium scout today. I have been vacillating on a knife purchase for three days now, trying to convince myself I don’t need another scout :).

Praiseworthy premium scout, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Ah yes, I love seeing the Euler knife pop up again.
That's a nice pair 5K Qs 5K Qs , and thanks as always for your thoughtful posts ! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Gary! I see you are carrying two classics; one of which is unique. :thumbsup::)
Thanks, John & Steve & Dean. :)

Thanks, GT. It's an L.L. Bean and I think that Case, Ka-Bar, and Western (and maybe others) made their knives. From the celluloid covers, I'd guess 1940-1960's. Yes, two blades; the other is a hook disgorger/scaling blade with cap lifter (pretty handy). That's a hook sharpening file on the mark side cover and its rectangular shape hints to it being a Ka-Bar. The liner lock is on the sharpened main. I think the lock was a special contract item for L.L. Bean, as I haven't seen many of them.

sQFNlut.jpg

I really like the chestnut Case and have one myself, but the thought, time, and effort that went into the scrimshaw siren make it mighty special. I know that you cherish it.

- Stuart
Thanks for the additional info about that fish knife, Stuart, and for the kind words about the pair I always carry. :cool::thumbsup::)

Thanks GT. It’s a 1996 Case mini copperhead in smooth bone, I think that’s what they call that bone but I can’t remember for sure. Second blade is a pen and yes, blades are on opposite ends like a penknife.
Thanks, Nick. :) I'm embarrassed I didn't recognize the knife, since I have a mini copperhead (in navy blue jigged bone) that's one of my favorites. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I should've elaborated on my picture.
See I discovered that my Victorinox tinker happens to be magic.
I can use it to cut that particular piece of string and it will miraculously rejoin itself.
( It's an old knife related magic trick my dad gave me as a kid which I recently found in a box )

I always love seeing that sodbuster jr of yours, the Chestnut bone is definitely nice looking and you got a good example of it.
Thanks for explaining the pic and for the comment about my SBJr. :)

Schrade Cut Co/ Walden NY.
29pzPik.jpg

What's that pattern called? It has 2 different kinds of clip blades, right? Very cool acquisition, Jer; congrats!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Not stain. It's an experiment, with a black Sharpie marker (I felt the name was appropriate ), then a little sanding to show some grain. And yes, summer sausage, pork. Good eye!
Thanks for the Opinel info and the sausage confirmation! :)

Thanks a lot pal :) Yeah, I thought so too :) Always a treat to see those special knives :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

That's a looker! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What are those very cool covers on your knife??

Thanks GT! :) Hope you and your family had a terrific vacation! :thumbsup: :D
Thanks, Ron, it was a fabulous get-away (except the driving is a literal pain in the butt for me these days). :)

I don't think of myself as having a lot of Case knives, but my rotation schedule has me carrying 4 Case knives this week.
Stockman of the Week is a Case Harvest Orange Humpback (thanks, Mike):
hump.pile.3open.sill.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Case stag peanut:
case.stag.mark.open.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Case slimline trapper (thanks, Tom):
slimtrap.mark.Vopen.woods.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone mini trapper:
mt.deck.2blades.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Dean. They are still chasing away the Monday blues, but I put them out of sight when I saw your bluesy Case teardrop. Mighty fine, pal, mighty fine.
- Stuart

:):)Thank you, Stuart!

Striking knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Chestnut jigged bone muskrat?

I don't think of myself as having a lot of Case knives, but my rotation schedule has me carrying 4 Case knives this week.
Stockman of the Week is a Case Harvest Orange Humpback (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 969510

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Case stag peanut:
View attachment 969516

Big Knife of the Week is a Case slimline trapper (thanks, Tom):
View attachment 969517

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone mini trapper:
View attachment 969521

- GT

Thank you, Gary; and yes, you nailed the knife ID! :thumbsup:

Four Case knives at once!! I've got a lot of Case knives, but I don't think I've ever carried four at-a-time. They are all great knives, too. The Humpback is a particularly cool design, the Peanut in stag is a treasure, the slimline Trapper is classy and the mini Trapper is just the right size. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Intriguing Imperial Ireland! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I like the scalloped sheepsfoot. Linerless construction? Is the yellow rectangle something functional?
The yellow rectangle is just decorative. Imperial made a number of different patterns with the grooved black handles, some with and some without the yellow. I don't know why. :confused: I don't remember if it has liners and can't check, since the knife stayed in New York. :)

Thanks Žan! The book is about each week in The Great War 1914-18, lot of interesting old photos but inevitably inaccuracies....Those soldiers with the machine-gun on wheels are Russian prisoners in the hands of the Germans, I think 1916, will have to check.

Queen knives in D2 from the early years of this century are gems, if you see them get one:thumbsup:

Thank you for the recommendation, I will look out for one!

Back