What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Mornin' Porch Dwellers, today Im carryin' a little guy, a 100 y/o pre Eisenhower Pen in what I used to think was jigged green Bone but now I'm startin' to believe it's actually really old Stag.

BN95ZKV.jpg

MNjPT3h.jpg
jBl6gzT.jpg

Look at how thin that secondary blade is ground. Almost paper thin and it has a swedge ground on the mark side to boot. :)
GTstpX1.jpg
mPNAeLd.jpg

:eek: 14 Days! :D

C82EYtn.jpg

1 THESSALONIANS 4:11
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Only had this for a week or so and its already earned a nickname. For some reason I can't get the old Ray Peterson song out of my head. Remember "Patina, Patina" hahahahaha.
View attachment 1056365

Wow! Gorgeous Alan, you lucky sausage! :) :thumbsup:

Trouble at the mill? o_O

I haven't owned these very long, but they were somebody's Old Friends, so I'm carrying them on this Friday.
9arhYzM.jpg

LOL! I'd forgotten how that sketch begins! :D Fine pair of old friends there Rachel :thumbsup:

GEC #25 Little Jack in Blue Camel Bone

Cool pic John :cool: :thumbsup:

(Aw, I miss @pertinux :()

This is a beautiful knife! Schatt & Morgan Medium Coke Bottle with lightning wood covers.

Wow. That is truly awesome looking. What a great cover choice.

Bring your Dwight Divine BSA scout to work day...

View attachment 1056359

Outstanding choice of carry today. I think I have a new grail to search for.

Those WW2 era scout patterns are so wonderful. So much character, and very distinct cover colors. It's as if that entire era of knife history had this specific green bone color to it, and very similar random jigging as well.

I'm still doubling up with the Camillus and the Remington.

SMf5Dvlh.jpg

Zzzmpkeh.jpg

The shot rally started yesterday evening, ten bars have made specials for the occasion and those entering have to vote for the three best. It is a three days event.
We started yesterday after dinner and visited the upper five. Back home late - or early, depends - and I would not have imagined how long some streets may be sometime...
Next round saturday.:)
rallye1.jpg
rallye2.jpg
rallye3.jpg

Gorgeous Black Box congress, Dwight! Why I like to see them but not use them is quite mysterious!
Thank you GT.

This is a beautiful knife! Schatt & Morgan Medium Coke Bottle with lightning wood covers.
That is an understatement. WOW!!!

Northwoods Fremont
Gorgeous Fremont Dave.

Only had this for a week or so and its already earned a nickname. For some reason I can't get the old Ray Peterson song out of my head. Remember "Patina, Patina" hahahahaha.
Amazing collection Alan. I perused your "family" shot of sixteen for quite some time. Exquisite taste my friend.

I haven't owned these very long, but they were somebody's Old Friends, so I'm carrying them on this Friday.
What a wonderful pair to pocket!

Thanks Jack. Alan joeradza joeradza included that beautiful seashell when he shipped me my knife. I now keep the shell in my knife display cabinet, it's amazing to look at.

Very cool John.

fullsizeoutput_e4c.jpeg

The shot rally started yesterday evening, ten bars have made specials for the occasion and those entering have to vote for the three best. It is a three days event.
We started yesterday after dinner and visited the upper five. Back home late - or early, depends - and I would not have imagined how long some streets may be sometime...
Next round saturday.:)
View attachment 1056397
View attachment 1056399
View attachment 1056400

What's the cover material on that sodbuster? It looks very nice in color and texture.

Back