What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Alan, That’s a nice image of your Michael May. I would love to see it’s worked back sometime. What’s your thoughts on this knife.

Fodderwing likes this.
  2. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    Classic combo. Love me some 885uh especially the 70s era models. Buck 110 I prefer the drop points this is my favorite configuration. Rosewood Buck shield with a s30v drop point.
    34443883-0B74-439B-A421-23D92EFE5857.jpeg

3. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you very much, Dylan. The snap is there, particularly after a first cleaning and oiling. The blade’s tip is proud, even after some careful filing of the kick. The blade does not lie flat, and leans some to the right with a little side to side play in the fully extended position. All said, it clearly was a working knife(purchased from an estate sale), but still with much usable life left.

Your image of your blue Duo is exquisite. That Blue!

Pàdruig, Fodderwing and dc50 like this.
  4. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I like it a lot. The flaired butt end feels good in the hand and at 3 5/8" closed it's a good edc size. Nice clip point and it has some pizazz without being obnoxious. IMG_8720-1024x812.JPG IMG_8721.JPG

5. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
  6. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Now that’s just sweet. I have a different one of his and I would agree with your thoughts about feeling good in the hand, EDCing, etc. worked back looks great as well as that band of turquoise.

Fodderwing, dc50 and Gevonovich like this.
  7. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Well I just had a great day! Drove up into the land of cheese and Green Bay Packers fans for the Badger Knife Show.
    Met for breakfast with three other porch members and two very lovely wives~
    @Old Engineer, @Half/Stop, and @herder. Herder shared several dozen collector grade knives as we turned our corner table into a neighborly porch.

The reason I added this little report to Harry’s post is because he was kind enough to have brought this ironwood 77 for me to ogle. Trust me ~ it’s nicer in person than the photos!

And Harry generously provided me with a couple of fine slipjoints which he knew I’d enjoy, and I welcomed him to the Venerable Voos Club since I knew he didn’t have one.

The show was great, and packed. We each made some succesful deals, and saw some nice stuff. The best part, of course, was getting together with some really great folks!

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Thanks, Alan! I’m measuring it at 3 11/16” closed.

9. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    I've got my 04 and Beer Scout in my pockets today. Recently I've been enjoying having a mid sized knife paired with a tiny one in the watch pocket.

[​IMG]

10. Tpost

Tpost

Sep 15, 2013
    Nice Hen and Rooster!!

kenspen likes this.
  11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Very nice.

Nature Boy likes this.
  12. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Can’t get this one out of my pocket :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

13. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    Gosh, I can certainly see why! Looks great, man. You're making me impatient! The two bladed ones came back in stock last night for a short time so I snagged a couple. Can't wait!

TheFactor and dc50 like this.
  14. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you kindly, Gev!

15. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Old friend Friday (this one is Ancient!)

[​IMG]

16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black, cigarrodog and TheFactor like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today as a second option I walk with the small Case peanut...:cool::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    It's a case kind of day

19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Just received a Lions Steel Otnat with the generous help from @JohnDF :thumbsup::cool: the photo is a hasty one while we were walking along the river but I had to post something.:p
    IMG_1238.JPG IMG_1239.JPG

20. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks !
    Now I’m tempted for a two blade
    Hmmm lol .
    Edit: It’s saying pre-order now .
    Boy that was a close one !!! :D

cigarrodog, Jak3 and dc50 like this.