What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you, all, for the kind compliments. They are much appreciated.

Wonderful pic of a beautiful old Barlow, Dwight!

Thank you! Admittedly, when I saw the original listing, I thought this was an old Boker, not thinking that it was absent the tree stamp. Looking at it again, I discovered that it was a Bower (which I know little about). Regardless, I have been very happy with the knife. Not only does it have such pleasing action, but the blades are ground so nice and thin. It really is a nice knife.

Great write up, Buzz! I am usually not big on serrations or finger grooves but I do like 110s and that Stag is just exquisite. I love the knife and the story behind it!

What a terrific find, Harvey! There is indeed a lot left for that knife to give. How's the snap on it?

Well, another day, another Barlow. This whole week has bent spent with some sort of Barlow in the pocket. Not a bad thing, I suppose.

Pair in blue.

ttu4nTI.jpg
Thank you very much, Dylan. The snap is there, particularly after a first cleaning and oiling. The blade’s tip is proud, even after some careful filing of the kick. The blade does not lie flat, and leans some to the right with a little side to side play in the fully extended position. All said, it clearly was a working knife(purchased from an estate sale), but still with much usable life left.

Your image of your blue Duo is exquisite. That Blue!

I like it a lot. The flaired butt end feels good in the hand and at 3 5/8" closed it's a good edc size. Nice clip point and it has some pizazz without being obnoxious. View attachment 1100672 View attachment 1100673
Now that’s just sweet. I have a different one of his and I would agree with your thoughts about feeling good in the hand, EDCing, etc. worked back looks great as well as that band of turquoise.

Was carrying this one today :

Status of the Car On The Ice : As of 3-24 - 2019 the car was down in the water when we drove past and could not take a picture . This picture was taken this afternoon 3-28-2019

Harry

Well I just had a great day! Drove up into the land of cheese and Green Bay Packers fans for the Badger Knife Show.
Met for breakfast with three other porch members and two very lovely wives~
@Old Engineer, @Half/Stop, and @herder. Herder shared several dozen collector grade knives as we turned our corner table into a neighborly porch.

The reason I added this little report to Harry’s post is because he was kind enough to have brought this ironwood 77 for me to ogle. Trust me ~ it’s nicer in person than the photos!

And Harry generously provided me with a couple of fine slipjoints which he knew I’d enjoy, and I welcomed him to the Venerable Voos Club since I knew he didn’t have one.

The show was great, and packed. We each made some succesful deals, and saw some nice stuff. The best part, of course, was getting together with some really great folks!

Gosh, I can certainly see why! Looks great, man. You're making me impatient! The two bladed ones came back in stock last night for a short time so I snagged a couple. Can't wait!
Thanks !
Now I’m tempted for a two blade
Hmmm lol .
Edit: It’s saying pre-order now .
Boy that was a close one !!! :D

Back