What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2017
  2. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  3. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Spending the day in Albany with my daughter, and enjoying a cherry Coke.

[​IMG]

4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    A sweet array of goodness!

Fodderwing, DelOro and dc50 like this.
  5. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Fodderwing and dc50 like this.
  6. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
  7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    My first expensive knife, bought myself, with Schizoid Jack.
    [​IMG]

8. balor85

balor85 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Stag 681312.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  9. NSBchef

NSBchef

Apr 5, 2003
    S&M #22 medium coke bottle will be joining me today... Have a great weekend everyone ✌️
    upload_2019-3-29_13-12-17.jpeg

10. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks Pinemoon!

These two today, Happy Friday!

[​IMG]

11. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
  12. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 10, 2016
    29FB0DBD-DF6F-45B8-A974-C11D87F2452E.jpeg I’m currently reading Apollo 13 by Jim Lovell and Jeffery Kluger, so today I decided to carry one of the only two knives that the Apollo 13 crew had aboard (in the life raft survival gear, the other knife being the Case Astronaut Machete). Along with my Fisher AG-7, the only model of ballpoint pen the crew carried.

13. rasta bomb

rasta bomb

Sep 24, 2016
    If you can fetch the image address from your Imgur account, you can include the photo in your post in-line.

This would be the same situation except the image address (URL) is already present.

In both case, you just need to bracket the image URL in tags, or click the little "picture" icon above the text box and just paste the URL into the little popup. It should embed the images for you. Like this:

[​IMG]

HTH.

Totin' a mystery Barlow and a modded muskrat today.

[​IMG]

14. Pinemoon

Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    I thought this one deserved a better photo...

[​IMG]

15. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
  16. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Magnificent !!

Fodderwing, RDaneel and cigarrodog like this.
  17. kenspen

kenspen

Mar 25, 2010
  18. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, all, for the kind compliments. They are much appreciated.

Wonderful pic of a beautiful old Barlow, Dwight!

Thank you! Admittedly, when I saw the original listing, I thought this was an old Boker, not thinking that it was absent the tree stamp. Looking at it again, I discovered that it was a Bower (which I know little about). Regardless, I have been very happy with the knife. Not only does it have such pleasing action, but the blades are ground so nice and thin. It really is a nice knife.

Great write up, Buzz! I am usually not big on serrations or finger grooves but I do like 110s and that Stag is just exquisite. I love the knife and the story behind it!

What a terrific find, Harvey! There is indeed a lot left for that knife to give. How's the snap on it?

Well, another day, another Barlow. This whole week has bent spent with some sort of Barlow in the pocket. Not a bad thing, I suppose.

Pair in blue.

[​IMG]

19. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    Another simple and basic day, but this time shrinking down from the Ka-Bar Mk1 but going larger than the Dawson Mercury. This is a Dawson Outback (my first and last knife purchase of the year, I swear it!) in 80CrV2 (I think). ~3.5" blade, ~3.25" edge, ~ 7.5 OAL. The pommel can double as a screwdriver much like its cousin, the Dawson Pocketknife/Handyman. At nearly 6mm, this one is a sharpened prybar, unlike the thin and slicey Mercury, though it is hollow-ground, so it handles better than its bulk would indicate. With Dawson's kydex pocket sheath, it carries well and is easy to get to while working. A cross-draw front hip sheath in nice leather would be a welcome carry style, though. I might ship it off to @Horsewright for a new sheath this year.

Maybe a full review later next month.

[​IMG]

Zieg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  20. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

After a week of moderns, I decided to split the difference today. Modern traditional. Best of both worlds!