What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Longing for the infinite
In a stillness beyond bliss

40731163303_3640fe93b4_b.jpg

Great pics guys :thumbsup:

Lots of you are already amidst spring flowers but here in mid-coast Maine on this 45°F day I'm "needing" to cut forsythia to bring them in for a forced bloom. A nice way to advance the season and bring some sun into the house.

Good thing I had my trusty Artesanía Herreros stag NAVAJA on me today :D

Starting to look a bit used - oh well ...

View attachment 1117399

Forsythia blooms next week. :thumbsup:

Ray

That'll get the job done Ray :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Michael, and I don't know the species of tree, but I'll try to find out. It is among some flowering cherry trees and an old Chinese chestnut tree in the yard of our local branch library. It is pretty special.
- Stuart

@Cutfinger Michael, I don't know why I had a brain freeze and didn't ID that tree on the spot. It's an Eastern redbud (cercis canadensis) and its budding is a harbinger of the shad run around here. The blooming of the cherry trees is a harbinger of the tourist run.
- Stuart

Beautiful photo Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Stuart with examples you’ve been posting lately I think you have proven that Boker could do Jigged Bone as well as any manufacturer! :thumbsup: The Wester Brothers is in a league of its own! :thumbsup: :D

Very special Stuart :thumbsup:

Great knives, and few things feel better than a nice set of deer skin work gloves.

Thanks, guys.

Forgot to post my carry today! :D

Elegant, Jack.

Thanks Jack. Lucy's looking smart. I hope your back feels better soon.

Thanks Jer.

View attachment 1116048

That's a staggering knife, Dwight,

Utica Kutmaster today

Remington today

This one today

You are on a roll there, Steve, stacking those old beauties up like cordwood.

My EDC always includes the middle Ancient, but don’t tell the other two. They get jealous.:)

Terrific trio, Harvey.

I’m doing some much needed yard work today. It gets harder and harder on an old fat boy each year. I’m totin this large Rosewood Lambsfoot to help where needed! :D

Well, that'll do it. I cut down a small white oak in our yard on Tuesday and could have used you and that knife with the branches and wild grapevines.

That's a beautiful knife, Nick. The caramel covers are eye candy.

Morning folks, just a Unity Lambsfoot today :thumbsup:

Grand old knife, Jack.

Fortunate to pick-up one of my favorite covers - Smooth Autumn Gold Bone.

Those covers are radiant!!

Wow, 7000 pages of knives! Carrying my old HSB Jr. Cattle last couple of days. Handles are some kind of pre-Delrin synthetic but they are holding up well and show no signs of off-gassing. OH

Handsome knife, OH.

Pretty pair, Ron.

The pile side is staggering, too, Dwight.

Today I've got a favorite of mine.

I can see why. Classic!

That's tasty, Harvey.

As for me, I’m really feeling the Case beer trapper this week, so it’s getting much pocket time along with the Camillus.

You and a few others got me hooked on that yellow Case beer trapper, Buzz. Thanks, I love it.

Going to go with these two for my Thursday carry :) :thumbsup:

Getting fancy, are we now, Jack? Very fine, sir.

When the light hits just right ... you discover the brass oxide that has been hiding in plain sight on my Buck 55 walnut scales

Wood patina! Some oil and a toothbrush might get at it.

Ironwood and Stag! Life is good! :)

That's easy for you to say, Ron, with those two in hand.

Gorgeous Olsen, Dwight! My pair of 510s ran down in the basement and hid when I showed them your picture.

A corkscrew on a Coke knife. Just what I'd need for one of my favorite summer drinks - a Red Dog. Half Coke, half red wine. I learned it in France where it had a different name and was a way to make a less tasty (too dry) red a bit better. Handy tool, that.

Longing for the infinite
In a stillness beyond bliss

Lovely old Remington, Gev, in a nice pic. Well done.

Socked in on a rainy day, and then this Black Box Winchester Sowbelly showed up a day early!

D Duckdog , that camp knife is amazing. Is that a phillips head attached to the bail. I have never seen that before, have you @Buzzbait ?

Sooo Wee, Pig! Both of those are fine, but I have to say that the BB has a bit more character. Some of Queen's best work across that collection. And thanks for the compliment for the Ulster.Yes, Philips head driver, but i assume not much torque could be applied.

It's wonderful. Well crafted and artistic, yet incredibly quirky and strange. My kinda knife. :D:D:D

Thanks, Buzz. You've had me looking to see if I have overlooked any scouts/engineer/utilities in my boxes.

D Duckdog Great knives Stuart. That bail is so cool.

Simple and basic today.

Thanks, Nick. I like that solidly handsome Miller Brothers. Gotta look to see if I have a MB needing some fresh air.

RDaneel RDaneel Dean, somehow the pic of your beautiful green curly maple Case got dropped. That's a graceful gem.

- Stuart

Love this pic Harvey. I absolutely love all metal advertising and souvenir knives.

Totin' a couple of different knives that I found this morning in the corner of an over-looked box. A Böker 240 dogleg (a.k.a, double end) pen and an Ulster utility knife with a Philips head driver on the shackle.

FGlU7VI.jpg

tCSz5BB.jpg

- Stuart
They are amazing but as Buzz said, the Ulster is to die for. Just crazy exceptional.

Fodderwing Fodderwing , wouldn't you love to be able to walk into Olsen's?! I love that knife and your photography
What an experience that would be Greg. Thank you sir.

Socked in on a rainy day, and then this Black Box Winchester Sowbelly showed up a day early!
Lovely lovely sows.

I have to post mine of course
A pair of very cool hen's teeth.

That's a staggering knife, Dwight,

The pile side is staggering, too, Dwight.

Gorgeous Olsen, Dwight! My pair of 510s ran down in the basement and hid when I showed them your picture.
Thanks you so much my friend. :p:D Redbuds blooms are gone but the leaves are coming along. :)fullsizeoutput_1648.jpeg

Totin' a couple of different knives that I found this morning in the corner of an over-looked box. A Böker 240 dogleg (a.k.a, double end) pen and an Ulster utility knife with a Philips head driver on the shackle.

FGlU7VI.jpg

tCSz5BB.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart another wonderful pair my friend! :thumbsup: That Ulster has really got It going on! :D

Well, that'll do it. I cut down a small white oak in our yard on Tuesday and could have used you and that knife with the branches and wild grapevines.

Pretty pair, Ron.

That's easy for you to say, Ron, with those two in hand.
Wish I could have been there to help you buddy! :thumbsup: Thanks for all the compliments Stuart! :)

Had this Northfield 85 with me when we went to the YMCA and then coffee this morning . I really like this knife but but seldom carry it .

Then earlier when I saw @Chui posting a TEW in MOP , I went and got my TEW in MOP and stuffed it into my empty pocket .

Harry
Outstanding pair Harry. I just love the 85 fat spears and that my friend is a real beauty. The MOP TEW is beautiful and Paul's was outstanding. Have a great evening and thanks for sharing those aces.

Back