1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    An amazing amount of steel has been carried along today... :thumbsup:

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great pics guys :thumbsup:

That'll get the job done Ray :) :thumbsup:

dc50, RayseM, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  3. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Speaking of amount of steel, I'm gearing up for stainless weather while clinging to my new carbons.
    (Colonial, Case, Vic, Case, Camillus, Sabre)
    [​IMG]

4. surlyman

surlyman Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Although I have a knife in my pocket every day, I've been away from Bladeforums for quite awhile. Today I'm toting around my latest acquisition, a GEC Dixie Possum Skinner. Wow, what a knife.

[​IMG]

5. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    @Cutfinger Michael, I don't know why I had a brain freeze and didn't ID that tree on the spot. It's an Eastern redbud (cercis canadensis) and its budding is a harbinger of the shad run around here. The blooming of the cherry trees is a harbinger of the tourist run.
    - Stuart

6. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you very much, Dave, Buzz & Jack!

Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  7. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    This one today.
    [​IMG]

8. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, guys.

Elegant, Jack.

That's a staggering knife, Dwight,

You are on a roll there, Steve, stacking those old beauties up like cordwood.

Terrific trio, Harvey.

Well, that'll do it. I cut down a small white oak in our yard on Tuesday and could have used you and that knife with the branches and wild grapevines.

That's a beautiful knife, Nick. The caramel covers are eye candy.

Grand old knife, Jack.

Those covers are radiant!!

Handsome knife, OH.

Pretty pair, Ron.

The pile side is staggering, too, Dwight.

I can see why. Classic!

That's tasty, Harvey.

You and a few others got me hooked on that yellow Case beer trapper, Buzz. Thanks, I love it.

Getting fancy, are we now, Jack? Very fine, sir.

Wood patina! Some oil and a toothbrush might get at it.

That's easy for you to say, Ron, with those two in hand.

Gorgeous Olsen, Dwight! My pair of 510s ran down in the basement and hid when I showed them your picture.

A corkscrew on a Coke knife. Just what I'd need for one of my favorite summer drinks - a Red Dog. Half Coke, half red wine. I learned it in France where it had a different name and was a way to make a less tasty (too dry) red a bit better. Handy tool, that.

Lovely old Remington, Gev, in a nice pic. Well done.

Sooo Wee, Pig! Both of those are fine, but I have to say that the BB has a bit more character. Some of Queen's best work across that collection. And thanks for the compliment for the Ulster.Yes, Philips head driver, but i assume not much torque could be applied.

Thanks, Buzz. You've had me looking to see if I have overlooked any scouts/engineer/utilities in my boxes.

Thanks, Nick. I like that solidly handsome Miller Brothers. Gotta look to see if I have a MB needing some fresh air.

@RDaneel Dean, somehow the pic of your beautiful green curly maple Case got dropped. That's a graceful gem.

- Stuart

TFBraden, Old Hunter, RDaneel and 8 others like this.
  9. WGregge

WGregge Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    The newest addition with me today

Attached Files:

Pinemoon, dc50, cigarrodog and 3 others like this.
  10. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Love this pic Harvey. I absolutely love all metal advertising and souvenir knives.

They are amazing but as Buzz said, the Ulster is to die for. Just crazy exceptional.

What an experience that would be Greg. Thank you sir.

Lovely lovely sows.

A pair of very cool hen's teeth.

Thanks you so much my friend. :p:D Redbuds blooms are gone but the leaves are coming along. :) fullsizeoutput_1648.jpeg

11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Stuart another wonderful pair my friend! :thumbsup: That Ulster has really got It going on! :D

Wish I could have been there to help you buddy! :thumbsup: Thanks for all the compliments Stuart! :)

12. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Yes it is a lockback and it has some blade play !

TheFactor likes this.
  13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Duckdog Thank you Stuart for the kind words. Those must have been the days, drinking red wine and Coke. Always nice to find overlooked knives, especially like that Böker and the Ulster.

@Fodderwing Thank you Dwight. Like you, I love the oddities. Looks like your outdoor Studio is in full bloom. Very nice.

dc50, Duckdog and Fodderwing like this.
  14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2013 ebony single Clip Boy's knife:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I only carry this one once or twice a month, but think I will carry on Friday:
    [​IMG]

16. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Great knives everyone!

Still carrying this guy. Actually had to touch up the edge on the wharncliff and main today.
    17F3F876-1401-4269-9348-7A8B7EE2E068.jpeg

17. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Beautiful Barlow Paul . TEW does MOP very well IMHO .

Harry

Chui likes this.
  18. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Had this Northfield 85 with me when we went to the YMCA and then coffee this morning . I really like this knife but seldom carry it .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then earlier when I saw @Chui posting a TEW in MOP , I went and got my TEW in MOP and stuffed it into my empty pocket .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  19. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    If I were to make a list of grail knives, this would be close to the top.

For Old Friends Friday:
    [​IMG]

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Outstanding pair Harry. I just love the 85 fat spears and that my friend is a real beauty. The MOP TEW is beautiful and Paul's was outstanding. Have a great evening and thanks for sharing those aces.

Gevonovich and Old Engineer like this.