1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    PAL in my pocket

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, ISKRA, Bloefield and 27 others like this.
  2. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Back from my travels to 50 degrees colder weather, so dark day bright knife.
    [​IMG]

3. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    What's the fixed(non-folding?) blade? It looks quite handy.

4. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    #66 calf roper in my pocket today. Back to a classic after a long weekend.
    [​IMG]

5. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    3D34B302-9B1C-486F-9C1C-298E547F4466.jpeg 26D4B2CE-57DC-45CC-B4E8-A09E9E5B6A16.jpeg

1973 Case XX USA.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    peanutsxx, ISKRA, Bloefield and 28 others like this.
  6. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::p

Jack Black likes this.
  7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Buzz! :)

Buzzbait likes this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    :):):thumbsup:

Thanks, David, that's a very distinctive artistic touch for that fabulous knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (I haven't seen something like that before, but I don't get out much. :rolleyes:)

Cool old knife, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the interesting info, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool: You might like this thread about a variety of ways folks open their traditional folders: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-many-ways-do-you-open-a-slipjoint.1245274/

That's a pleasing patriotic cast metal knife, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Classic camper, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That E Weck is one of my favorites of yours, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Noteworthy shot of your noble "Good Roads" knife, Dwight! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is the circular object some kind of "pill box"?

Such a simple knife, and so stunning! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:cool::thumbsup::D

Excellent choice, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the encouragement, Harvey. :)

Those two pairs will beat most hands out there, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Style and substance, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

What an impressive stag trio, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, John, I appreciate that coming from a small knife lover like yourself! :)

Champion choices, Vince & John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm carrying my rosewood Union Jack all week, and it's probably my favorite lambsfoot, but it doesn't have the dark, rich wood that your African rosewood models have!

And also very handsome! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Did you add the texture to the handle? How was that done?

Thought-provoking post, @HFinn. :thumbsup::thumbsup: The story about the war horse coming home happy brought tears to my eyes at breakfast this morning.

Still got the colors; good luck, Tom! I thought your previous trio contained your blue Farmer, not a Pioneer X. :(:rolleyes: My Alox ID skills definitely need sharpening.

That jigged bone lambsfoot AND the young lady on the mint button both have plenty of moxie, Harvey!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) That's some stylish, stygian ebony you're sporting! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 61OT is one of my favorite large stock knives, although mine is "only" a Chinese version. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the rave review you wrote, Paul; I think it's right on the money. ;):thumbsup:

- GT

9. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    This one today while we working in the yard planting some flowers and hanging some flowers in baskets . We need another run of these knives .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

peanutsxx, ISKRA, Bloefield and 27 others like this.
  10. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Great knife and photo !

SteveC likes this.
  11. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks Gary! It’s also one of my favorite.

12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, GT. It is on its way to Australia as we speak.

Welcome to the Alliance. :cool:

Jack Black likes this.
  13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Big Knife this week is an Imperial USA clip/pen toothpick (thanks, Dave):
    toothpick.mark.Vstand.patio.jpg

Watchpocket Knife this weeks a Rough Rider tobacco bone cannitler:
    [​IMG]

International Knife this week is a Mercator Black Cat:
    [​IMG]

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first knife ever:
    [​IMG]

- GT

Bloefield, Jambon, Dschal and 24 others like this.
  14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks GT. It is a "coin" knife. I don't have a pic of it open but you can see the blades from this side of it. IMG_2683.jpeg

ISKRA, Bloefield, Dschal and 15 others like this.
  15. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Two of these;)

Reitwagen, Bloefield, Dschal and 21 others like this.
  16. Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Apr 16, 2019
    I think I'm starting to love the Case Sowbelly. What a beautiful knife case makes, with perfect fit and finish. This may be pocket knife perfection.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bloefield, Jambon, Dschal and 22 others like this.
  17. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    It's a Banzelcroft Customs M.E.K. Very cool and actually very simple design. They make them in basically any material you want and it comes with a nice sheath in leather or kydex.

Fodderwing and jkwithawave like this.
  18. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Jim Bob, ISKRA and 24 others like this.
  19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :)

Harry I see you’ve been hanging out in bay three! ;) That Lick Creek is one of the best knives they have made, IMHO! :thumbsup: :cool:

Gary your RR has some beautiful bone! Overall a very nice looking watch pocket knife! :thumbsup: :)

Dwight that’s a really cool coin knife! :thumbsup: :D

20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you my friend . Yes , we were in and out of Bay 3 a number of times during the day getting Stuff . Planting Climatis Vines with me having only one usable hand was a little harder than I thought it would be , but we got'er done .
    I also believe that the Lick Creek Farmer's Knives are some of the Very Best that GEC has done that I am aware of and they have done a bunch of great ones .

Harry