What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you my friend . Yes , we were in and out of Bay 3 a number of times during the day getting Stuff . Planting Climatis Vines with me having only one usable hand was a little harder than I thought it would be , but we got'er done .
I also believe that the Lick Creek Farmer's Knives are some of the Very Best that GEC has done that I am aware of and they have done a bunch of great ones
I love Climatis Vine too Harry. I totally agree with you and Ron on the Lick Creek. That is a gorgeous example you have. Sorry to hear about your hand.

Champion choices, Vince & John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm carrying my rosewood Union Jack all week, and it's probably my favorite lambsfoot, but it doesn't have the dark, rich wood that your African rosewood models have!
Thanks, Gary. I did get a beautiful rosewood specimen. But I have stellar stag and iridescent ironwood, too. I polished the AC blade with Flitz, and am going to try to keep the blades shiny on my stag and ironwood knives, but will use the rosewood freely on food, even, and let the patina form.

GdBZ2jI.jpg

Two of these;)
Interesting grouping, David. :thumbsup:

is there a rosewood lambsfoot coup d'etat going on in which I should be participating?

Why, yes; yes there is. Blame Jack. He sent me this "working" knife, for which I'm grateful. It's not perfect, but I'm less picky than some, and have hundreds of "poor, cheap" knives. They teach me things...

This one has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. It's a very good watch pocket knife, and fairly stiff, so I'm using it. My only complaint about the pattern is that I do occasionally miss the pen on my usual Jack or Congress.
hMflUea.jpg

Just exceptional!:cool::thumbsup: What's the handle slabs?
Thanks, Will

Hello Will,
The handle is in dyed camel bone.
It's a "knife by friends ". The damascus of the blade has been made by Gigi Sechi, the bolster by Davide Steri, the handle and even the screws by Roberto Serra. All these great friends of mine collaborated to produce this knife .

Â

Thanks Jack! :) It appears you have it covered as well with that beautiful Ebony my friend! :thumbsup: I hope you have a great week also Jack! :)

Thank you very much Ron, you too my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) That's some stylish, stygian ebony you're sporting! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot GT :) :thumbsup:

Thanks GT. It is a "coin" knife. I don't have a pic of it open but you can see the blades from this side of it.View attachment 1136432

That's one of the coolest coin knives I've seen Dwight :) When I was a kid at primary school, there was always a trip to a local cutlery firm, and all the boys would be given a coin knife (the girls got scissors). They were a very common pattern in Sheffield (and obviously elsewhere) at one time, but I think only Stan Shaw makes them there now :thumbsup:

Good Evening All

Nice Rosewood and Rosemary John :thumbsup:

Why, yes; yes there is. Blame Jack. He sent me this "working" knife, for which I'm grateful. It's not perfect, but I'm less picky than some, and have hundreds of "poor, cheap" knives. They teach me things...

This one has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. It's a very good watch pocket knife, and fairly stiff, so I'm using it. My only complaint about the pattern is that I do occasionally miss the pen on my usual Jack or Congress.
hMflUea.jpg

Nice to see that one my friend :) They do the same knife with an additional pen blade, but the pull is pretty breathtaking! :eek: :thumbsup:

Morning folks, treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today ;) :thumbsup:

l4GpnCG.jpg

xxcNe5B.jpg

That's one of the coolest coin knives I've seen Dwight :) When I was a kid at primary school, there was always a trip to a local cutlery firm, and all the boys would be given a coin knife (the girls got scissors). They were a very common pattern in Sheffield (and obviously elsewhere) at one time, but I think only Stan Shaw makes them there now
Thanks Jack. Did you manage to hang on to any of those knives the cutlery firm handed out when you were a child? Imagine a coin knife made by Mr Shaw! :eek: :cool: Wouldn't that be something! Great pair you have today! Lucy and AC.

IMG_2715.jpeg

That's one of the coolest coin knives I've seen Dwight :) When I was a kid at primary school, there was always a trip to a local cutlery firm, and all the boys would be given a coin knife (the girls got scissors). They were a very common pattern in Sheffield (and obviously elsewhere) at one time, but I think only Stan Shaw makes them there now :thumbsup:
Oh, I would'a been so mad! :mad:

When I was a kid at primary school, there was always a trip to a local cutlery firm, and all the boys would be given a coin knife
Could you even imagine what today's parents would say if their kids came back from a field trip with a knife. :eek:
Most would be in shock, but I'd ask why they didn't get me one. :D

Last edited:
This one today while we working in the yard planting some flowers and hanging some flowers in baskets . We need another run of these knives .

Harry
At first, the farmer’s jack/ Orchard Gem looks funny. One end is skinny, one is fat, the blade curves the wrong way, and it sticks out a lot when it’s closed.
Then some enabler hands you one, and says “check this out”.
Then you get a hollow feeling in the pit of yer belly whenever somebody shows a photo of one.

Yeah. Please let me know if and when they make some more!

Sorry to hear you’re one handed!
What happened, one of your knives bit you?

Back