What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Bonestag 73 linerlock, an early model.

I0wSsdD.jpg

We just ate where the lambfoot point rests, and are headed toward that blue squiggly line about 1.5 hr west to visit an old friend.View attachment 1148596

Jeff, wonderful area of the USA. I’ve flown into Joe Foss Airport in Sioux Falls several times (Joe Foss was a USMC pilot in WW-II & MOA recipient from Guadalcanal). Hunted pheasant with the Corzan family in the Kimball area several times. Just rehung a pheasant mount in my new office, it was crafted by Marie’s Taxidermy right there on the river just off I-90. Great folks and a nice place to be (except in winter). I carry either a Buck or Case bird hunters knife when out in that area. OH

Last edited:
Classic comfort, Jeff...

I really like the coined liner, Jeff. A well dressed worker....

- Stuart

Thanks, my friend. Yes, a good knife in the pocket is indeed a classic comfort for folks like us.
Your Loki Lab gives me pangs for Manny. I will be leaving shortly to go bail him out of the doggie spa/kennel. It’s only been five days, but dangit- I miss that mutt.

Jeff, wonderful area of the USA. I’ve flown into Joe Foss Airport in Sioux Falls several times (Joe Foss was a USMC pilot in WW-II & MOA recipient from Guadalcanal). Hunted pheasant with the Corzan family in the Kimball area several times. Just rehung a pheasant mount in my new office, it was crafted by Marie’s Taxidermy right there on the river just off I-90. Great folks and a nice place to be (except in winter). I carry either a Buck or Case bird hunters knife when out in that area. OH

Correct on all counts, sir, but the winters can’t be TOO bad. S. Dakota is always ranked as one of the best places to retire. Of course, some of my wife’s relatives have taken to spending winters in Texas...

Going to help a friend take down a dead ash tree today, so if it falls on me, they will find these in my rfp...View attachment 1150878

A handsome piece, Ron.

Thanks, Ron. He was so ready for his walk that he was crossing his legs.
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! :) I’ve had to cross my legs more often than I used to, but I’m getting old! :rolleyes: :D

I got these two in today at the same time and neither of them have left my side since. Masterful knives from masterful people.

zcQDkpA.jpg
Wow Dylan! What a beautiful pair of Lambsfoots! :thumbsup: :D

What a fine piece of stag clad cutlery!

Thanks Stuart! You late father must have been quite an outstanding individual! My late father was very involved with the Cold War, as well; those were some "high stakes" days! I spent a bit of time in Germany and that area of Bavaria is visually stunning :thumbsup:

Btw, your Box 'O Queen Barlows is awesome!!!

A rush of German memories hit me so instead of waiting for Saturday, I decided to carry these two Teutonic ticklers; Teutonic Tuesday? :D A Puma from the early 80's and a Solingen made Bulldog Brand :)
What a glorious pair. Fantastic knives.

@cigarrodog - Harvey a beautiful pair of stag beauties!

IMG_3517.jpeg

Back