1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Praiseworthy pair of euro-friends, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a ravishing red Case stockman, John! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Model 6318?

I appreciate (and agree with ;)) your assessment, John. :)

Goodness, what a handsome couple, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your two-blade TC is Thoroughly Captivating! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Enjoy your week off! :)

Enjoyable post, Buzz! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

3 knives with purposeful lives, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harvey, I'm grateful for your support. :) Optimal pic of your Ancient! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Your sowbelly is swell, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the ID, HnS. :) I once had a Chinese Buck Solo that was probably similar, but I awarded it to someone in my first BF GAW, back when I had NO use for single-bladed knives. :rolleyes:

Thank YOU, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I sure appreciate you making those stag RRs available. :)
    Thanks for the compliment, Dean. :) RR medium stockman is very similar in size and features to the 897UH you sent me, I think.

Definitely a cheerful Farmer, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Magnificent knife, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I've never been a big GEC guy with regard to the frenzied sale periods, but I kind of regret not at least trying to see if I could have acquired one of those! :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks for the mini muskrat info, Dean. :) I may have to investigate that pattern and its availability. 'Preciate your giving my Peanut props, and I'll say "same to you" regarding your red Peanut. :)

Congrats on the Squire's intriguing little Barlow, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a pair to be proud of, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement, JJ. :)
    Your Catts have a jigged bone bonanza going on! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Immaculate Böker copperhead, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Dwight if you're taking a poll, I think of your two gorgeous stag Hartshead Barlows, I prefer this one with the big mark-side valley! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I always admire your elk rehandles, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dazzling dark duo, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love seeing your lambs in the wood(s), Taylor! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Striking knife, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: If you're superstitious about that "666" on the bolster, I've probably got room to store that Beast for you! :D

- GT

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    dc50 likes this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)

dc50 likes this.
  4. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    That they do GT, and each fulfill their purpose nicely :cool::thumbsup:

dc50 likes this.
  5. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    Very nice! How does it compare size wise with a Camillus 23?

6. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I can't think of a better compliment, Harvey !! Thank you. That food looks incredible...I'm just need to ready the jet :D:p

dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    It would be my pleasure Gev, and it’s on me...The sandwich that is.:)

Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  8. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    I'm not sure, I'll check when I get home. It is fairly new and was unused, although I got it at a flea market. It has dark brown delrin covers,they end up looking black in pics though. I bought a klien 3 blade today that has an almost unused spear but the bench grinder been used heavy on the hawkbill. And a Camillus navy camp style utility, that the covers have shrunk and cracked. The Camillus has some major gaps and looseness going on. But it has a long bladed caplifter screwdriver. Bought them to mod, probably make a frankenknife. Frame and spear from the klien, caplifter from the Camillus. Use the leftover Camillus parts to make a 2 blade jack. Pics later of today's finds, got a wood covered Camillus tl29 with a faint USMC stamp on the cover that's in really good shape ;)

Cutfinger, Amir Fleschwund and dc50 like this.
  9. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Thank you for the kind words @5K Qs

10. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary. I don't think case is currently making the mini muskrat (which I did not know when I made my previous reply). It's worth looking around for one though.

11. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Nice one Stuart !

Duckdog likes this.
  12. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That light colored dog rolling around in the grass is a yellow lab named Georgia.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    In addition to the various categories of knives I carry each week as dictated by my rotation schedule, I usually carry 1 or 2 "free choice" knives each week as well. These are often knives that are too new to be on the current 45-week schedule, or knives that I just want to carry "on a whim". Here are the "free choices" I made for this week.
    A Case mini copperlock in Rogers walnut jigged bone (thanks, Greg):
    mcl.mark.closed.jpg

A Rough Rider small cotton sampler in stag bone that I ordered on Memorial Day weekend:
    scs.mark.V.chair.jpg

- GT

14. Fire Beard

Fire Beard

Sep 1, 2013
    A mini Copperlock in CV and a smooth antique bone Barlow in Tru-Sharp.
    12082BFA-84D6-4AE2-8527-BCFA3B9841BE.jpeg

15. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    Sanded Saturdays?

[​IMG]

Opinel no 6 carbone. Modded handle and new edge.

16. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    How do you like the barlow compared to the mini copperlock? I know they are very different knives but I have a very small number of traditionals and the mini is one of them.

17. Jonny D

Jonny D Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2014
    The mighty peanut today
    [​IMG]

18. Fire Beard

Fire Beard

Sep 1, 2013
    I like it a lot. The F&F on mine is excellent and it disappears in the pocket. Nice action, too. It’s a bit smaller than the mini Copperlock in both handle and blade.

ktataragasi likes this.
  19. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    Great! Thanks for the input.

20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    When I first started accumulating slip joints I started with the Canoe then discovered the Copperhead I quite like them. :)

Prester John likes this.