What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That Catt's got my tongue, Dean! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a winner, Dean; hard to believe you don't carry it LOTS! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Stockman of the Week is my first sowbelly stockman, an amber jigged bone Rough Rider that sold me on the pattern:
XYJk3Wc.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Taylor-Schrade Old Timer (that, oddly, has no shield):
hliHJyY.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Marbles rams horn canoe:
UlICCIV.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Gary! Fancy canoe...very cool.

IMHO, that's an ideal GEC #15, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Barehead, gorgeous bone (jigging and color), splendid shield, EO notch, sheepsfoot blade! (If I ruled the world, I might add a pen secondary. ;))
Thanks, GT. You have my vote. ;)
Live long and prosper, my friend. :cool:

Ron, I wonder if your problems were with the BF site, rather than your internet; I thought the forum was running slow for me yesterday, but not other sites. Fine pair right there in black and white! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
It could have been BF Gary! It’s been good since then. Thanks for the black and white compliment! :)

That Catt's got my tongue, Dean! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like RR canoes, but I especially like the lacing on the slip you have for yours! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Honey Vic! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Glad to hear that damage was minimal, JJ. :thumbsup:
You sure have shown us a lot of fantastic old knives in the short span of 50-some posts!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

IMHO, that's an ideal GEC #15, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Barehead, gorgeous bone (jigging and color), splendid shield, EO notch, sheepsfoot blade! (If I ruled the world, I might add a pen secondary. ;))

Ron, I wonder if your problems were with the BF site, rather than your internet; I thought the forum was running slow for me yesterday, but not other sites. Fine pair right there in black and white! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I admire your commitment to the fixed/sout combo, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sweet pic, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Am I to conclude from the blade stamp that the knife is an unreal lambsfoot?!? :rolleyes::D

That's a winner, Dean; hard to believe you don't carry it LOTS! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Congrats on the captivating custom sowbelly @Leslie Tomville! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Maybe your wife loves you so much that she just pretends she doesn't know knife costs! :):cool:)

One of my favorite models :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (even though I say I don't prefer single blades, or lockbacks, or knives over 4", or folded metal handles :rolleyes:).

Highly desirable duo, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Seeing your sowbelly is always a treat, Gev! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup::D

Congrats, Dennis, and thanks for sharing the "feel-good" story! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Accolades to Charlie and Jack for their thoughtfulness! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your AC looks like cream on top of your berries! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Peace out, Jer, your old Jay's Potato Chip pencil is outta sight! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

U*XL, Dwight! ;):cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:p

Thanks for your opinions on the Florist, @Frailer! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I wondered if a design principle was to provide a substantial handle even though the blade is relatively short. I can imagine that long handle and short blade could maximize control and precision (like some whittling knives).

Thanks, Alan. :) That bovine looks familiar. Do you have (or have you had) other knives with Nguni horn that I may have asked about, or have I seen the one with the raptor shield before and forgotten it? :(

Stockman of the Week is my first sowbelly stockman, an amber jigged bone Rough Rider that sold me on the pattern:
XYJk3Wc.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Taylor-Schrade Old Timer (that, oddly, has no shield):
hliHJyY.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Marbles rams horn canoe:
UlICCIV.jpg

- GT
It is unreal, and so are your gorgeous canoes, GT.

Back