What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Just a 34OT today....

E1-B97-F5-F-D00-D-486-C-83-A0-C23-C968-F9-C0-D.jpg

Man, I love that Case Canoe. Like it so much that I talked the girl at the feed store here into getting that one for her husband for Father's Day. They were supposed to order another in for me, but I haven't seen it yet ha ha ha! I'm all CF and Ti today, dealing with heat and humidity. Kim, however, is spinning yarn and using her nice little Camillus made Moore Maker Coffin Jack. Shown here with her niddy noddy :)

20190710_134719.jpg

Your welcome Gary! ;) That’s a great photo of your Electrician my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! I’m carrying a Norfolk and a Lambsfoot today! :D

45492659001_ebf37ae869_b_d.jpg
Thanks, Ron. :)
Appealing pair for you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

@5K Thank you Gary. That’s a lovely trio.

Wm. Rodgers Stockman, Sheffield.
3B5F425C-4A71-485E-A51B-991A49AF54B5_zpsimodiisz.jpeg
Thanks, Harvey. :) The covers on your English stockman look as delectable as some of your best pastries! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Knife content:
This knife has been used every day since Jack gifted it to me. It is my definition of an "every day knife".
Commendable commitment, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Texas Toothpick (just got yesterday) for Tuesday. It's called 'medium' at over 4 inches!

Toting this big yet very pocketable one today.

Beguiling toothpicks, Dean & Nick; the threaded bolsters are a bonus! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I like those big toothpicks even better with a secondary blade (but not a scaling blade), but I don't think Case makes that, do they? Nick, who made your knife?

Thanks, Gary! Fancy canoe...very cool.
Thanks, Dean; I find that pile side "crater" to be a dazzling feature. :)

Thanks, GT. You have my vote. ;)
Live long and prosper, my friend. :cool:
:D Peace and Long Life, John. :thumbsup:

It is unreal, and so are your gorgeous canoes, GT.
I'm grateful for your positive feedback, Harvey. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs
Yes, I've posted it before. But if you remember that you forgot, did you really forget?
This seems like one of those circuit-blowing philosophical paradoxes, Alan! :eek:;)

GT he's more like Mr. Magoo
df228ef12490f5061319bcd8f955d238.jpg
:D When I was a kid, I'd watch ANY cartoons, and Mr. Magoo was the only one I NEVER found entertaining. :(

These two today

gToqIwU.jpg

Deluxe duo, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Decided on a simple Jack Knife this morning, a 1974 Case DELRIN handled plain jack. OH
Case-6214-1-2-Jack-Knife-1974.jpg
Simple pattern, but effective, and exceptional bone!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Yes, Gary. I do like the Florist. Slim, light, and a great shape for using. Like my spokesman said, if you recognize that it is made for cutting flower stems to length (probably on a cutting matte), and trimming leaves off stems while making up floral arrangements, the four finger grip, straight cutting edge, shorter blade, and chisel grind all make sense.

We do have a florist in the family ~ my son's mother-in-law ~ and from watching her in her flower shop, I had the fantasy of gifting her with one of these (I have two). But I don't think she gives two hoots about traditional pocket knives. She seems to prefer dull scissors and even duller utility knives. :rolleyes:
But she sure knows how to put flowers together that please Mrs Fleschwund!

The Vik Florist excels at cleanly harvesting in the garden, small pruning jobs, and makes a great paring knife in the kitchen.

I'm envious over your Alox specimens... but I really like that Pocket Pal!
BTW, Holub Electrical supply in Sycamore is about 40 minutes south of me. I have read speculation that their electrician's knives were made for them by Klein and Sons out of Chicago.
Thanks for the first-rate Florist feedback, Jeff, and for the Holub info. :):thumbsup:
I agree with you on the Pocket Pal; it's a fantastic pen knife!

Thanks Gary! It looks like you have a great lineup of 2 electricians with another Swiss pal!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks again Gary! I am trying to test most of my traditional knives and then come up with a plan, like you!:D Another cool and curvy lineup of 2 canoes and a sowbelly!:cool::thumbsup:
I appreciate the compliments, JJ. :)

Good Wednesday, today with two A. Wright Lamb foot in Ebony and Ironwood!;):thumbsup:

25hzprc.jpg
Grand wood for Wednesday, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’ve got two In wood for today. Ebony and Rosewood! :D

48248395097_33a3447e69_b_d.jpg
Lavish lambsfoot lumber, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Terrific timber twosome, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

No did not slice the cat. :D
View attachment 1159012
:D Thanks for clarifying the situation, Jolipapa! :thumbsup:

Yard work today...
Hard to beat, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

W9xD2WH.jpg

Spanish handmade navaja from @ArtesaniaHerreros.
Incredible pic of immaculate knife, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Wednesday, everyone.
ByOx3Oi.jpg
Barlow bonanza in the brush pile! Lots of wood in that pic. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your ebony Waynorth is Way Cool, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, the Marbles canoe is a real looker :thumbsup:

These two for Wednesday.

IbNH3E6.jpg
Thanks for the canoe comment, Tom. :)
I like your Wednesday wood, but I don't recognize the folder. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Wooden Wednesday - 2015 CSC Bladeforums knife.

Splendid photo of your Forum knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

:D When I was a kid, I'd watch ANY cartoons, and Mr. Magoo was the only one I NEVER found entertaining. :(
Wow! I thought Mr. Magoo was GREAT! Rocky and Bullwinkle I found kind of creepy, and I HATED Mickey Mouse. Mighty Mouse was a lot more manly. And Speedy Gonzalez, he was great! Favorites were Looney Toons, Pink Panther, Johnny Quest, and the old Popeye (1940s and 1950s).
Incredible pic of immaculate knife, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, Gary. It's a little thrilling to hold! I almost want to go to a cantina and start a fight! [Just kidding, guys! ;) ]

Last edited:
Beguiling toothpicks, Dean & Nick; the threaded bolsters are a bonus! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I like those big toothpicks even better with a secondary blade (but not a scaling blade), but I don't think Case makes that, do they? Nick, who made your knife?

Splendid photo of your Forum knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary.

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canittler:
View attachment 1159263

- GT

Your knife that is the progeny of a Canoe and a Whittler is beguiling, Gary.

Wow! I thought Mr. Magoo was GREAT! Rocky and Bullwinkle I found kind of creepy, and I HATED Mickey Mouse. Mighty Mouse was a lot more manly. And Speedy Gonzalez, he was great! Favorites were Looney Toons, Pink Panther, Johnny Quest, and the old Popeye (1940s and 1950s).
Vince, you and I seem to have similar taste in cartoons :thumbsup: I loved watching that poor ole Coyote try catching the Road Runner as well.:p

Back