What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Utica Pen knife and #43 today

tm3gAgA.jpg

6hsR6xL.jpg

I’ve noticed a lot of discussion on the #77 Barlow’s, so I decided to carry one of my favorites today. :) The Lambsfoot, well that’s just a given! ;) :D

40403139593_1609868c96_b_d.jpg

Same here. I was inspired to carry my spear/coping 77 Barlow in canvas micarta. It has the best fit and finish of any GEC in my collection. This is a special one for me. My very first 77, and now impossible to ever have made by GEC again, as they refuse to allow canvas micarta to appear in their Northfield line. Also carried is my new obsession, the "SwissTank".

PMwPfc7h.jpg

6AW0ok1h.jpg

Same here. I was inspired to carry my spear/coping 77 Barlow in canvas micarta. It has the best fit and finish of any GEC in my collection. This is a special one for me. My very first 77, and now impossible to ever have made by GEC again, as they refuse to allow canvas micarta to appear in their Northfield line. Also carried is my new obsession, the "SwissTank".

PMwPfc7h.jpg

6AW0ok1h.jpg
Thanks Buzz! I’ve got a single clip in Bone Canvas. I wonder if the ban also applies to SFO’s? :thumbsup:

I don't have a GEC Barlow.:(
Don’t give up! :)

Thanks for the canoe comment, Tom. :)
I like your Wednesday wood, but I don't recognize the folder. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

International Knife of the Week is this Opinel #8 my daughter got me in Spain:
View attachment 1159261

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canittler:
View attachment 1159263

Big Knife of the Week is a Sabre Daddy Barlow:
View attachment 1159266

- GT

Thanks GT, the folder is a GEC that lived in my watch pocket for quite a while, I have long since forgotten the model number (a #36 perhaps?). It was a lot darker color when I got it, but has worn well. Nice carries, it looks like the Sabre Daddy barlow has some stories it could tell :).

These two today, the Pioneer X has become a near constant companion whether I picture it here or not. It is in my vehicle, or laptop back, or in a pocket, always close. I want to make a horizontal leather belt sheath for it, but I have zero leather working skills, might be a good project to begin the learning process.

sn77jVF.jpg

Back