What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Rough Rider canoe with scrimshaw by r8shell r8shell :
mark-table-jpg.1160678

Gary, this knife is terrific with this scrimshaw!;):thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I hope the Daleks don't get your Lambsfoot! :eek: Your Waynorth is very attractive. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dean, it was a close call! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Beautiful Nick, there are few things more elegant than a lovely old Sleeveboard :thumbsup:

Stag is good for Sunday, too:
9Qw4I3p.jpg

e9jhiBk.jpg

Wishing a pleasant and peaceful Sunday to my fellow Guardians. Et bonne fête nationale française!

Nice pairing Vince ;) I miss Jose's presence here :( :thumbsup:

These two again for me. Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

NlN41aM.jpg

QsDSPe6.jpg

Thanks, Dwight; I modified the "exposure" and "color" a bit after taking the pic. :)
That's a superb French knife!
Thank you GT.

Either dream or fade away

36165832126_3c986e957a_k.jpg

I always enjoy the prose in your provocative photos Gev. Soft and soothing.

9Qw4I3p.jpg

e9jhiBk.jpg

Wishing a pleasant and peaceful Sunday to my fellow Guardians. Et bonne fête nationale française!
Very nice navaja con barlow Vince.

I had the Boker Camp Knife with me, when I was out-and-about.:cool:

cZ5Bwnn.jpg

1rMc9mw.jpg

JLjDwQT.jpg
Incredible stag on that beauty.

I certainly enjoy a great French knife and you have a beauty Dwight!
Thanks JJ. That's a gorgeous pair you're sporting today!

IMG_3823.jpeg

GT- Thanks for your comments especially about the hat. Bought it in Houston 40 years ago. Sin has left it sad scar.
That hat is WAY older than I'd have guessed! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A very special knife. :cool: :thumbsup:
A canoe, Your vacation spot, and Rachel's art. A mighty combination.
You got that right, John; thanks! :)

I save my street dancing for winter time. Summer is too hot for that around here. :p
I'm happy to see you're carrying the canoe Canoe. Let me know how the ink holds up. I've been using 'India ink" since that's what I've read recommended, but I'm experimenting with making my own 'lamp-black' (a good, indoor summertime project) :D
Actually, I'm saving my street dancing until I get old enough. :rolleyes:
I'm happy to be carrying the canoe! :cool::thumbsup::cool::) Lamp-black is carbon, not stainless, right? ;)

Thank you, and your Canoe is also a real beauty! That custom scrimshaw work is really clean and looks fantastic. Been thinking of trying out one of those RR Canoes myself, they look great.
Thanks, @Fire Beard. :) I'm something of a canoesseur, and probably have at least a couple of dozen RR canoes. Many of the canoes in this pic are Rough Riders (or closely-related Marbles and Colts):
4row.canoes.jpg

Thank you for your extensive answer to my question, Gary. r8shell has a gift for scrimshaw; and you have been the beneficiary of some beautiful examples! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're telling it like it is, Dean; thanks;):thumbsup:!

I'm carrying this Case mini copperhead for Stagurday.

Striking knife, Dean; I don't think I've seen another knife with those covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very nice GT :) :thumbsup:
b2uIsf3.jpg

dJl22V3.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
Luscious pair of lambsfoots! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I get confused by your stag HHB pics, forgetting that you have TWO of them so the covers are not actually changing! :rolleyes:

Thank you for the compliment. Gary was kind enough to send me a gift of four white bone Rough Riders from his latest online purchasing, for me to practice on. It was the least I could do to return a customized one to such a Patron of the Arts. :):thumbsup:

Oh, yeah...What am I toting today?
Thissun:
jDgpInx.jpg
My pleasure, Rachel. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your rosewood HHB is getting some noticeable patina on both blade and bolster!

5K Qs 5K Qs Your Rough Riders are easy riders one the eyes. Delightful.
44A44111-7576-440E-B730-7D0609B46376_zps2amvruzs.jpeg
Thanks, Harvey. :)
Amazing shot of your Northwoods! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the actual cover materials? It looks like crusty bread fresh from the oven! ;):cool::cool:

Congrats on the 93! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some folks don't care for the shield placement, but I think it looks great!

About a day after receiving this #35 in trade I had my Case Bose recover from Javi Garcia come in so it's been patiently waiting its turn for some pocket time. That time is now. Lowerd the kick on the secondary, flushed the joints and she's ready for work to develop some patina. Love these #35 framed knives! :thumbsup:
View attachment 1160777
Congrats on the Churchill, Jason! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The ebony Churchill is IMHO a first-class knife!

Incredibly handsome jackknife, Josh! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Splendid sleeveboard with tip bolsters and terrific bone, Nick! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Influenced by JJ Cahill & Travman, knives with bails and lanyards I got out this Camillus for the pocket. Added the stag Fight'n Rooster pen knife to another pocket to complete today's carry combo.View attachment 1160832
Whoa, dynamite duo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers of the pen knife?

For the last week in Alaska...

Mo6FLvM.jpg
Captivating congress jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

9Qw4I3p.jpg

e9jhiBk.jpg

Vince I declare complete solidarity with everything you've stated here, and I admire both of your stag stunners! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I had the Boker Camp Knife with me, when I was out-and-about.:cool:
JLjDwQT.jpg
Goodness, that is an elite Böker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT those red slate rocks grow in my yard and kill lawn mower blades so I figured I'd put them to use.
:p I hear you, Scott! :thumbsup:

Ulster #10 Barlow in my Sporan.
9 inch over-all Sgina Dubh in right sock.
Irish National Tartan Kilt.
Why a kilt? Why not? Besides one of the cute CNA's here at the nursing home wanted to see me in it.
You gotta get picture-enabled, sir! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm sure there are plenty of "cute" Porchsters who want to see you in your Irish finery, too! :D

What a graceful glamour shot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, I really like the pattern and it's my first "gold" cover:eek: Great pair of RR's with wonderful scrimshaw on the canoe and a large framed hunter that's ready for work!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks, JJ. :) That's my first folding hunter, and I'm still trying to adjust to its massiveness! :eek: I've been using it in the kitchen this week, and while it feels good using the clip blade, when the clip is closed and I use the skinner blade, it's kind of an uncomfortable grip. :(

Today I'll be toting an S&M rope chopper and one of my favorite Barlows from Sheffield:D
That's an unusual pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary!

Mostly a case of drywall dry throat (no fun wearing a mask with rubber bands around your ears in 107 plus dry heat). In other words, I brought it on myself! :p

Yeah, the Saturday morning cartoons are always great. Cheated a bit and tossed in some Rocky & Bullwinkle, then Sylvester & Tweety, topped off with Foghorn Leghorn! :p:p:D

Big Plus -- Mrs. Oro babies me (she gets to pick the restaurant tomorrow night) when I'm feeling bad. :)

cYJmeyG.jpg
Sounds like you know all the angles, Del! ;):cool:
I'd forgotten about Foghorn Leghorn! :p "That's a joke, son!" "Look at me when I'm talkin' to you, boy!" What a blowhard rooster he was. :D

Gary, this knife is terrific with this scrimshaw!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José; I thought you might like it because you have some nice scrimshaw! ;)

Today I carry "THE KNIFE", # 73 of GEC, an extraordinary knife!!!;):thumbsup:

6f5lw5.jpg
Your 73 is a wonderful knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Before church carry- put in a few hours early roofing the barn while it’s still cool.View attachment 1161169
It took me quite a while to figure out what had happened to the handle of your white sod buster! I thought at first that a dog had chewed it up! :rolleyes:

- GT

That hat is WAY older than I'd have guessed! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You got that right, John; thanks! :)

I'm happy to be carrying the canoe! :cool::thumbsup::cool::) Lamp-black is carbon, not stainless, right? ;)

Thanks, @Fire Beard. :) I'm something of a canoesseur, and probably have at least a couple of dozen RR canoes. Many of the canoes in this pic are Rough Riders (or closely-related Marbles and Colts):
View attachment 1161212

You're telling it like it is, Dean; thanks;):thumbsup:!

Striking knife, Dean; I don't think I've seen another knife with those covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)
Luscious pair of lambsfoots! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I get confused by your stag HHB pics, forgetting that you have TWO of them so the covers are not actually changing! :rolleyes:

My pleasure, Rachel. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your rosewood HHB is getting some noticeable patina on both blade and bolster!

Thanks, Harvey. :)
Amazing shot of your Northwoods! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the actual cover materials? It looks like crusty bread fresh from the oven! ;):cool::cool:

Congrats on the 93! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some folks don't care for the shield placement, but I think it looks great!

Congrats on the Churchill, Jason! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The ebony Churchill is IMHO a first-class knife!

Incredibly handsome jackknife, Josh! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Splendid sleeveboard with tip bolsters and terrific bone, Nick! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Whoa, dynamite duo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers of the pen knife?

Captivating congress jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Vince I declare complete solidarity with everything you've stated here, and I admire both of your stag stunners! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Goodness, that is an elite Böker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:p I hear you, Scott! :thumbsup:

You gotta get picture-enabled, sir! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm sure there are plenty of "cute" Porchsters who want to see you in your Irish finery, too! :D

What a graceful glamour shot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ. :) That's my first folding hunter, and I'm still trying to adjust to its massiveness! :eek: I've been using it in the kitchen this week, and while it feels good using the clip blade, when the clip is closed and I use the skinner blade, it's kind of an uncomfortable grip. :(

That's an unusual pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sounds like you know all the angles, Del! ;):cool:
I'd forgotten about Foghorn Leghorn! :p "That's a joke, son!" "Look at me when I'm talkin' to you, boy!" What a blowhard rooster he was. :D

Thanks, José; I thought you might like it because you have some nice scrimshaw! ;)

Your 73 is a wonderful knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

It took me quite a while to figure out what had happened to the handle of your white sod buster! I thought at first that a dog had chewed it up! :rolleyes:

- GT
Thank you, GT. The covers are rams horn. It’s an older one. What a splendid collection of Canoes

Pure carbon like black snow! :D
When I was very young, and living in Phillie, the snow that piled up between the sidewalk and street would turn black from car exhaust. I would take a stick and draw lines, breaking through the crust of soot. The bright white lines exposed were striking. Reverse scrimshaw!
I always enjoy watching patina develop, and I'm fascinated to see what the bolster will look like. They are of the same steel as the blade, but differently heat treated. Will that effect patina formation?
SoxbHJ9.jpg

Heading out for three days... Little fishing trip. :cool:
Will the HHB help clean fish? Have a great time!
Through Jack Black Jack Black and many others, I’ve caught Vintage Sheffield Cutlery-itus.

Ibberson/Stan Shaw 1959 Stockman with all the trimmings.
View attachment 1161257

FB5B35B8-D16E-4F37-89EA-C3A2C3B23153_zpsjlnfzmah.jpeg

0BB3B82E-5550-4795-9332-B6144E84977F_zpslwozple3.jpeg

8D3052BD-3834-4C6D-AF62-28A623A661CC_zpszzyycdee.jpeg

3853AC3B-2A7C-48AC-ADD6-31A51837816B_zpshccdhcnc.jpeg

8407303E-1F4C-4716-B867-8F3D922F665A_zpslv7p3njc.jpeg
Wowwee wow wow! You ain't kidding about "all the trimmings"!

Back