What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Remington with burl covers:
View attachment 1171593

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Böker Beer Barrel Canoe:
View attachment 1171594

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Klaas red bone mini canoe:
View attachment 1171595

International Knife of the Week is a MAM Iberica:
View attachment 1171603

- GT

Your Remington Canoe with burl covers is stunning, Gary! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) I hadn't remembered the important role knives play during Hari & Dors tie in the Dahl sector. And the fact that, although knives were illegal, they could be purchased at any store displaying a washing machine was amusing. ;) I've also moved on to Forward the Foundation, but so far have only been reading it in bed, which means only 1 or 2 chapters per day before I nod off. :(

Sweet Swayback, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Case jigs the heck out of that pattern! (Looks like quite a sizable barn in the background of your pic.)

- GT

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary!

As usual, you've got a nice fixed/folder pair, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Farmer you sent is superb, and probably going on vacation with me starting Saturday! :) Remind me to never sting you in the face! :eek::D:thumbsup:

- GT

Happy vacation-ing GT! I hope the farmer pulls it’s weight :)

I've got these two with me today.

free image hosting website

Last edited:
Beautiful trio! I like all 3 very much, especially the old ebony jack.:thumbsup:

Those three wooden wonders look amazing together, Dylan!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, fellas! That old Ebony jack is one of the most cherished in my collection.

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Klaas red bone mini canoe:
canoe-red-mark-closed-jpg.1171595

Your collection of canoes is always admirable, GT, but I do like that Klaas in the red bone. Very sharp looking.

I started my day with these two. If there is to be cream anywhere near my coffee, I'd prefer it to take the form of these fine pieces of cutlery. However, I forgot that it was Yorkshire Day today so I've since replaced these two with some proper Lambsfoot knives. I will have to take pictures later when the lighting is more agreeable.

BEtt3pq.jpg

Thanks Jack, much appreciated! Excellent pairing yourself today :thumbsup:

Thank you Greg :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Looks like your 2 beautiful Lambsfoot knives had a lot of fun.

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

For August 1, Yorkshire Day:
nBDPlG1.jpg

Hartshead Barlow SFO from Sheffield, Yorkshire.

Happy Yorkshire Day gents, great pics :) :thumbsup:

Nice Ibberson Burma Knife there :) :thumbsup:

A Happy Yorkshire Day to all! :D

48108035888_3f9b0dc302_b_d.jpg

Happy Yorkshire Day Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! Happy Yorkshire day, everyone!

And to you Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Red Bone and Stag (sounds like a sequel to Green Eggs and Ham);)
rYewR2.jpg

XeV4Bt.jpg

The 15 was NIT and just arrived yesterday!

LOL! :D Nice pairing Paul :) :thumbsup:

A few of the Gents Celebrating Yorkshire Day! :D
View attachment 1171851

Fantastic Dave, Happy Yorkshire Day my friend :) :thumbsup:

I started my day with these two. If there is to be cream anywhere near my coffee, I'd prefer it to take the form of these fine pieces of cutlery. However, I forgot that it was Yorkshire Day today so I've since replaced these two with some proper Lambsfoot knives. I will have to take pictures later when the lighting is more agreeable.

BEtt3pq.jpg

Great stuff Dylan, Happy Yorkshire Day :) :thumbsup:

In honor of Yorkshire Day!
IOkuDPE.jpg

Happy Yorkshire Day Dave :) :thumbsup:

A big thanks to my fellow Guardians for helping me to celebrate Yorkshire Day today :) I've been carrying this one with me :thumbsup:

M4YUtjV.jpg

Great stuff Dylan, Happy Yorkshire Day :) :thumbsup:

A big thanks to my fellow Guardians for helping me to celebrate Yorkshire Day today :) I've been carrying this one with me :thumbsup:

M4YUtjV.jpg

Thank you, Jack! I hope you've had a very fine day today. Wonderful choice of cutlery!

As promised, I've switched out my previous choices for the delightfully special (and quite limited) Hartshead Barlow. I thought it fitting for such a special day.

Happy Yorkshire Day!

zv4JZId.jpg

Wow Nick, you really have a keen eye for very cool old traditional knives; great shot, too!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very nice "new" knife, Nick. Lovely luster in the MOP.
Thanks JJ and Stuart! I’m toting that little pearl congress pen again today and I’ve got a good feeling it’ll stay in my pocket for a while so I don’t want to bore you guys showing the same knife again.

JJ, cool pair you have today. I don’t know much about Wenger’s but that is a neat one! And the Case barlow, well, what’s there to say, timeless classic!:thumbsup:

Stuart, that Winchester tickler sure tickles all the right spots for me!

That knife is very pleasing to the eye! Nice one Paul.

Back