1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @kai76 - Thank you, Nick.

2. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    A wonderful gift paired with a lovely Barlow; beautiful image!!!:D
    The jigging on your 15 is amazing, Paul!!! It looks almost like the legendary NYKCo jigging!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    An excellent pair of Lambsfoot knives and an outstanding sunrise? shot!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Great pair, really cool Radio Jack, Steve!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I am a major Robeson fan and your tear drop is a wonderful sight, Gev!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    An excellent pair that look very happy working together Rachel!!!:)
    Wonderful shot of your horn clad lambsfoot, Harvey!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Wow Nick, you really have a keen eye for very cool old traditional knives; great shot, too!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I can certainly see why; what a beauty!!!:)
    I love the scout pattern and you really acquired quite a gem!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Those three wooden wonders look amazing together, Dylan!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Super foursome you put together Gary!!! The phrase "Which boat would you like Mam, I have 3 canoes today?" popped into my head.o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Jack Black, Pàdruig, SteveC and 5 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  4. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Waynorth in the far North. The claymore pin is the McLaren badge, I'm Lawrence which is a sept of the McLaren's so we get to wear the badge. (If I understood correctly)
    20190731_212917.jpg Resized_20190731_181657_4820.jpeg 20190731_170715-854x734.jpg 20190731_184853-854x594.jpg

5. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Today my tote pair will be a couple tough hombes; a 1957 Wenger Swiss soldier knife and a super slicer '65-'69 Case Barlow.:D
    [​IMG]

6. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    One of this lot, but which one? ;)

The Ivory Bone I think!

[​IMG]

7. Rose and Thistle Custom

May 9, 2018
    Those are all 15s? How do you like that nifebright one?

8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Yes, all 15 Barehead singles. The Nifebright is tough stuff, attractive and its visibility in the dark when 'charged' is cool. Goes well with a Sheepfoot in patina;)

Lift link likes this.
  9. Rose and Thistle Custom

May 9, 2018
    Good taste, the 15 seems about perfect to me. I'm keeping my eyes open for one of the Nifebright like that. Also looking at the #35 Calf Roper since the 15 Nifebright is pretty hard to find.

Lift link likes this.
  10. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Just got this Case Barlow CV yesterday so I think I'll tote it around today.
    [​IMG]

11. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, John. :)
    Interesting comment on your slimline trapper and GEC #48. I often follow a similar process: I'll admire GECs or Cases or whatever that folks display here, and then search for a Rough Rider that IMHO is "functionally similar". :rolleyes:

Attractive couple, Vince; the covers on those two, although stag and bone, match quite well visually! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The reflection in your glossy horn is really cool, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Here's a winter sunset I accidentally caught in my 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot:
    gl.pile.sunset.reflect.jpg

As usual, you've got a nice fixed/folder pair, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Farmer you sent is superb, and probably going on vacation with me starting Saturday! :) Remind me to never sting you in the face! :eek::D:thumbsup:

Thanks for the RR Electrician comment, Harvey; it's a solid knife and I love the shield motto. :) Your photo with the "mystery knife" silhouette is intriguing! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Steve. :) Fabulous old/new combo for you! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ron & Harry, you gentlemen "are of one mind" when it comes to choosing your pairs this day (and when it comes to your upcoming travel plans)! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) I hadn't remembered the important role knives play during Hari & Dors tie in the Dahl sector. And the fact that, although knives were illegal, they could be purchased at any store displaying a washing machine was amusing. ;) I've also moved on to Forward the Foundation, but so far have only been reading it in bed, which means only 1 or 2 chapters per day before I nod off. :(

Sweet Swayback, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Case jigs the heck out of that pattern! (Looks like quite a sizable barn in the background of your pic.)

When Lucy is left to her own devices, seems that trouble often ensues and blood is often spilled! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it now and then! :thumbsup::p Is that knife 3 1/8"? Except for the covers, that knife looks similar to the one my wife got from her father sometime, found in a box in January 2014, gave to me at that time, and got me interested in pocket knives again after a 45 year hiatus. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    imperial.watch.jpg

Handsome knife, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Couple of ravishing recent releases, Taylor; congrats! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for your thoughtful replies, JJ. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: There were a lot of "heavy hitters" hanging around RAND/DOD back in the Cold War days!

One of my favorite SAKs! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that a black one?

Cool photo of your horn with the cool bolster! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The background inspired me to look up that album on Wikipedia, and I learned the origin of the title; that story must be a favorite of a bike guy like you! :D:thumbsup:

Lovely ligneous selections! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the 25 show this week, @Travman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely desirable duo, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Rockin' the rojo mojo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Instant classic lambsfoots, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good wood for midweek, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You're never in a pickle when you've got a Presidential! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ravishing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Am I cruel if your teardrop makes me smile, Dave? :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Parsley, sage, rosewood on time! :cool::cool::rolleyes:

Fantastic photo, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

12. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I don’t garden as much as I used to, but these marigolds self-seed every year.[​IMG]

13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Well done GT you caught the winter scape in the horn.:thumbsup::cool:

14. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    2BEA6ED0-74A9-4AF2-A3FC-C8F4219B8AD0.jpeg Sears Craftsman #95044, and Schrade 94OT:)
    277FDA93-A774-47DE-80BB-F971C9934525.jpeg Going to be a very good day;)
    Happy Yorkshire day to our friends over there!

15. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Flatly essential fine knife function filetting froward coffee containers

20190801_060021 sized 40.jpg

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you JJ! :)

Thank you Gary! I do think that Harry @Old Engineer and I have common tastes in Cutlery. We also have something else in common by the fact that we both married well above our pay grade! ;):D

A Happy Yorkshire Day to all! :D

[​IMG]

17. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    The small Kephart - style knife by Blind horse knives with the pocket sheath I made. I have allready ordered a Brisa Trapper and kicked myself in the leg not remembering a Kephart style blade might have been even better, like the Ka-bar Becker Kephart. I like the sturdy tip and the simple lines of this kind of knife. Of well, maybe I will get also a Kephart and make a review of both?

[​IMG]

18. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks, guys! Happy Yorkshire day, everyone!

19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Off to work for the last day before vacation starts...

[​IMG]