What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Prester John

Gold Member
Micarta Monday gives me an excuse to carry this pair.
dmu4lmp.jpg

Maybe this pair for Mammoth Monday.
fhYVbLN.jpg

Decisions, decisions!
How about one of each?

Jack Black

Gold Member
Good Monday Morning
Back to work I go after a wonderful Summer vacation...

Good luck on your first day back John :thumbsup:

We’re back home after a great trip to the Rendezvous. I’m hoping everything goes as Smooth as these two today! It’s great to be back home! Hope y’all have a great week! :) :thumbsup:

48519010876_d6cd022ee0_b_d.jpg

Stunning pair Ron :thumbsup:

Micarta Monday gives me an excuse to carry this pair.
dmu4lmp.jpg

Maybe this pair for Mammoth Monday.
fhYVbLN.jpg

Decisions, decisions!

Those four look fabulous Gary :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. That’s a very cool Camillus to pair up with your very cool HH Barlow.
View attachment 1177662

Thanks pal, great to see your IXL :) :thumbsup:

Duckdog

Gold Member
The ebony covers are swell, Stuart, but the unusual blade shapes and combos are what makes my heart swell for this pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

My non-Alox SAK for vacation this week and next is a Vic Recruit tuned up for whittling (thanks, Greg)

Thanks, GT, and that Recruit is a beaut!

Nice S & M toothpick.

Thanks for the nice words Stuart! Great pair of stag knives you have today. I like the nice deep swage of the main blade on that whittler and the fixed blade is a stout looker.

This pair for me today.

Thanks, Nick, and you caught the light in that MOP very well.

My "Plain" Canoe for vacation is no longer plain, since @r8shell scrimshawed a vacation-inspired scene on it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That;s the one, GT, and a very special one at that.

Lovely, Gev, and it looks long used and loved, with the flattened belly on the main.

Outstanding pair of stag covered knives today; you really have been carrying some excellent cutlery!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

I'm going with a "surf and turf" for Sunday; a Abalone covered Winchester Sowbelly and a Redbone Robeson Spey Barlow. :D

Thanks, JJ, and that's a delicious duo you've were packing. Excellent!

Both of your picks were fine, Jack, but that BB Winchester is a favorite of mine, too.

Probably my most treasured. View attachment 1177020

It's obvious why that is, Alan.

- Stuart

Last edited:

Duckdog

Gold Member

Lovely knife and a very fine picture.

That handsome old knife looks equally at home with cake of pie, Harvey. Very toothsome.

Nice Stockman Stuart !

What a fantastic old Stockman - NICE! OH

D Duckdog that #61 Stockman is unreal.

Lovely stockman, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (And more word associations for me: when I saw that Queen, the old potato chips commercial went off in my head, "Ruffles have ridges." :confused::rolleyes:)

As soon as I saw this fine piece of cutlery I thought: "this must be Stuart!"; outstanding, as usual!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, gents.

Before and after of the 1976 Case #25 1/2 small Coke Bottle Kim found.

1998 Case #18 medium Stockman.

Both look very nice, Chris, and you did well to extend their lives.

Terrific toothpick, Nick, bordering on elegant. Well done.

Its better side.
Y7ByqsR.jpg

Good stuff, Jer.

Today I carried 3 that were gifted to last week by my brother. The top one is from Providence Cutlery, the middle one is a Half Congress, I think by Sabre Japan, and the bottom one is a Western. All need light cleaning but that didn’t keep them from pocket time.

That's a thoughtful trio of solid workers. I have a special affection for Sabre knives.

If you like one, two is twice as nice.

You ain't kidding, Alan. Double your pleasure, double your fun!

For today I was reminded of some interesting delrin covered knives by @Amir Fleschwund, so I thought I'd add one of my favorites by Robeson. These two are both by Robeson, with the Daddy Barlow wearing strawberry bone covers and the Jack (almost identical to the GEC 78 pattern) wearing the strawberry delrin covers (first introduced to cut costs by Robeson in the late '50.) :D

Wonderful knives, JJ, and a very clever pairing. So complimentary!

Handsome.

We’re back home after a great trip to the Rendezvous. I’m hoping everything goes as Smooth as these two today!

Welcome back, Ron. Glad that you and Miss Pam are safely returned. Now, let the gossip and gabbing about the antics at the Rendezvous ensue. You are sure totin' a slick pair today.

Brightened my day, Jeff. Thanks.

That's a honey, Chris. Very sweet.

Camillus #66

Dang, Steve. what an excellent specimen of classic cutlery. I don't remember seeing that one before, but I hope to see it more often.

Another home run hit OUT OF THE PARK, Harvey. Very fine knife and photo.

I decided to pop my Case bone stag mini-trapper into my left pocket today.

I agree with you, Buzz, and my wallet is getting skittish. Thanks for showing it again.

Slender and sublime, that's pretty special, Gev.

- Stuart

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC