1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @Duckdog
    You're dating yourself Stuart.
    Double mint gum!

neal70 and Duckdog like this.
  2. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    It's easy to calculate my age, Alan - just count the rings around my eyes.
    - Stuart

3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    A favorite stockman today.

[​IMG]

4. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Madison Barlow in denim micarta

[​IMG]

5. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Thanks Christian, and others. To answer your question, Pradel, France, P3 in horn. 9.5cm/3.75" Opens out straight just like a dagger, no droop (cant) at all, nor blade play, strong W&T. Thick horn slabs that show no shrink, warp or flaking round the pins. It seems to me that manufacturers in continental Europe- France, Italy, Spain really know how to deal with and select horn. The examples I've had on American or English knives are much less impressive.

Really like this knife for its feel and the fact that @Jolipapa very kindly gave it to me along with a parcel of other nice items, some shown in the pic as well:cool:

6. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Ebony & acrylic to start my week. Ebony & acrylic - 1.jpg

7. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Great knife. I'm going to have to find one for myself.

Cutfinger, neal70 and Jolipapa like this.
  8. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    John, and @Duckdog ~ thanks, guys!

JohnDF, neal70 and Duckdog like this.
  9. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Paul, both of those Case implements look pretty clean. Are you sure you’re working??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. DelOro

DelOro

Jan 17, 2016
  11. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks for the nice compliments Stuart! It sure is difficult to capture a good shot with MOP but I really like the different colors and tones that show under different lighting.

This little E Weck pen for me today.
    [​IMG]

12. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    In honor of the several nice Schatt & Morgan knives that I've seen posted recently, I switched from my morning carry (Opinel No. 8) this afternoon to a dressier knife and went to a local spot to gab with some friends and have some cooling beverages (yes, it's still hot here, though less humid - we're in a drought). Miss Norma joined me for dinner (half-priced burger night, so I picked up the tab). This was my totin' choice: Schatt & Morgan equal end jack in Rogers bone, 1902-1928.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I logged back on after dinner, I saw that a couple more S & Ms had been posted. Very cool.
    - Stuart

13. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    That's a nice knife. :thumbsup:

kai76 likes this.
  14. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    [​IMG]

15. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Nice S&M. Check!

Nice S&M. Check!

A heck of a Weck. Double check!!

- Stuart

16. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Beautiful Jigging on the Rogers Bone S&M. Stuart.

17. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, Harvey. I guess that I could have laid it across my burger as an honorific homage (is that redundant?), but Miss Norma has certain standards for table manners while sitting at the bar. And she definitely wasn't going to let me muck around in her dessert when we got home. So that's what I had for posting.
    - Stuart

SteveC, cigarrodog and Cutfinger like this.
  18. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  19. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you, Stuart, much appreciated. That S&M cigar jack of yours looks very pre-war, what can you tell us about it?
    The bone and jigging is fantastic!

Gevonovich likes this.
  20. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you Jack! Another stunning stag covered Barlow for you with a cool Camillus "what-a-knife":cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Quite the attractive couple of Lamb/Ram foot knives, Ron!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Those two delrin covered beauties look great together Jeff!!!:D
    Quite a tough decision as both pairs are amazing Gary!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Thank you Stuart!!!
    Thanks again Stuart!!!
    Wow Stuart, the covers on your vintage S&M are mind boggling!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:
    I can certainly see why; lovely S&M Stockman!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great way to start your week; a couple of outstanding pocket totes!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Your E Wick is quite a jewel, Nick!!!:D
    You always have an awesome selection of cutlery Josh!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Jack Black, kai76, Duckdog and 4 others like this.