1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
  2. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Going out for a walk with my lambsfoot, hopefully I meet "Chippy" again today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Dan, my wife would call that an attack by a wild animal lol.

Sitting out watching my 2 year old play farmer with his John deere. Nursing a bad mood cause the deer got into my filed peas last night. The rum and coke is helping that mood. That and having my baby boy alone with me. When mommas gone, hell finally fife daddy a little attention.
    BA720779-4F77-449C-A59A-EAD90BC839F8.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  4. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    I think he likes lambfoots great pic!!

Laurelbb and CelloDan like this.
  5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Just as expected. Wonderful to hear. Yessssss

Laugh out loud, my friend :)

cigarrodog and paulhilborn like this.
  6. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
  7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I’ve finally decided to put this one into rotation. It’s probably not a very wise move, using such a nice example, but it’s my favorite pattern, in my favorite covers, so what the heck? Now that it’s going in the pocket, I suspect it will be a while before it leaves...
    06FB38B6-D25F-4B4B-9A36-2C98AB2609C8.jpeg
    Case 5332

Attached Files:

8. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    That's a beauty!

btmccutcheon and Gevonovich like this.
  9. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    EXCELLENT CHOICE:cool::thumbsup: what a gorgeous knife and the joy you'll derive from carrying it:thumbsup:

SVTFreak, dc50, Gevonovich and 3 others like this.
  10. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    dc50, Nature Boy and Leslie Tomville like this.
  11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    dc50, Leslie Tomville and r8shell like this.
  12. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 3, 2017

Pocketing that knife is the right idea. :) And I support your choice!

You are going to love having your favourite knife at hand. :thumbsup:

Michael

13. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    I finished assembling the SwissTank Mk II today.

[​IMG]

It maintains the thicker tang on the main blade and crossbow tang stamp, both found on the original SwissTank, as well as the robust glass magnifier and grey housing. Changes from the original SwissTank include:

Custom slot made in the rear G10 scale to accommodate the ballpoint pen, making it a +plus scale.

[​IMG]

Custom dyed plastic hardware, including the toothpick, pen, tweezers and mini-screwdriver. I used dark green dye, which worked pretty well. The toothpick got nice and olive green. The other pieces darkened considerably.

[​IMG]

The Swiss Cross on the front scale is now colored in black.

[​IMG]

A slightly finer file that my fingernails will greatly appreciate.

[​IMG]

Much improved scissors. Rivet instead of screw, and a channel for the spring to ride in.

[​IMG]

Pliers with spring channel and crimpers.

[​IMG]

All in all, I’m very pleased with the Mk II. The platform for the new version is my very favorite version of the SwissChamp. Victorinox really perfected the SwissChamp when they made this round of improvements.

I was going to make a new fob, but I really, really like this leather lanyard, and it’s developed some fond memories, So I’m moving it on over to the new knife and letting it inherit the summer vibes from my Adirondack mountain vacation with my daughter.

I thought about giving the plastic parts a second dye dip to make them more green, but I got worried that I’d lose any green and they’d ended up appearing black. So this is the way they’ll stay, at least for now. I’m considering dying the magnifier housing, but I kind of like how easy it is to see the magnifier when I need it, so I’m undecided at this point in time.

[​IMG]

I’m super happy with how the scales turned out. The black Swiss cross looks great. And the pen slot came out far better than I expected. It’s not aesthetically perfect, but it is functionally excellent. The pen holds firm, but is not hard to remove. As you can see, I hand sanded these scales in the same way I did last time. I love the smooth rounded look.

[​IMG]

14. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    That is so cool.Love it!

CelloDan likes this.
  15. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Great shot. Next time see if you can get him to whittle or something. Very cool.

Misplaced Hillbilly and CelloDan like this.
  16. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Most excellent, Dan !!!

17. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Wonderful character in that stag, bolsters, blades and shield are pretty special as well.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Same as I said for Gev's knife goes for yours as well Cigardog, wonderful knife.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  19. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Love that pen blade secondary. Great example. It needs to be used!

20. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009