What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Travman

Gold Member
White bone #74
gEhlw4v.jpg

Gold Member
Thanks Nick! I have noticed the similarity in bone between Robeson and Cattaraugus as well; I know there were Case family members involved with both companies (early with Catt and post WWII with Robeson) so there could be a connection? The spey is a single blade I P/U on the big bay around a year back. :)

Toting a couple of Case knives today; the most recent CV Barlow and a bare head jack from the 70s. :)

JJ, the cut grooves on your barlow appear much more defined than mine, unless it’s an illusion. I think it gives it some character already. Is the barehead a re-handled Knife? If so, it looks exquisite, if not, it looks exquisite:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gold Member
Didn't care for the bright orange so I gave it a potassium permanganate treatment

Steve, I think it turned out really well. I like the color it ended up. Definately don’t drop it in a pile of leaves this fall, you’ll never find ito_O

Thanks Nick! I have noticed the similarity in bone between Robeson and Cattaraugus as well; I know there were Case family members involved with both companies (early with Catt and post WWII with Robeson) so there could be a connection? The spey is a single blade I P/U on the big bay around a year back. :)

Toting a couple of Case knives today; the most recent CV Barlow and a bare head jack from the 70s. :)
A fine Case you make ;):):thumbsup: And thank you for the kind words on mine :D

img_7685.jpg

This one today. Will be getting a session on the Sharpmaker as well.

I love that knife ! Every time I see I want to buy one :eek:

View attachment 1196142 View attachment 1196135

This was a very early GEC 78 SFO for Jack Sparrow.
Incredible art...a masterpiece in my eye :eek:

SVTFreak

Gold Member
Black Stallion and a Case 1/2 whittler that I recently got off of the exchange in a lot.

RudDjyf.jpg

Didn't care for the bright orange so I gave it a potassium permanganate treatment.

Before

bRXMWU4h.jpg

After

njmNgroh.jpg
Dude I like how that color turned out a lot!