What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I’ve finally decided to put this one into rotation. It’s probably not a very wise move, using such a nice example, but it’s my favorite pattern, in my favorite covers, so what the heck? Now that it’s going in the pocket, I suspect it will be a while before it leaves...
View attachment 1196366
Case 5332
Very nice covers on that one for sure! I kinda felt the same way about that one armed barlow,even though its a relatively recent addition to my collection. It was unused,unsharpened minty fresh in a great pattern. But I came to the same conclusion that if I liked so much why not carry it and enjoy it! Sometimes "unwise" in a collective sense is wise for our soul. Sometimes I think its like owning an original 60's Shelby mustang, could I really fully appreciate it unless I drove it?

Wonderful character in that stag, bolsters, blades and shield are pretty special as well.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very kind of you and much appreciated. Thank you !!

I'm guessing Cattaraugus and what a gem...mama

Have another pair of Personal Favorites with me today .

IMHO , 2 of GEC's finest .

Harry

Indeed they are !!!!!!!! Great photos too

Erickson Swayback today.

In the stratosphere :eek:

EXCELLENT CHOICE:cool::thumbsup: what a gorgeous knife and the joy you'll derive from carrying it:thumbsup:

Pocketing that knife is the right idea. :) And I support your choice!

You are going to love having your favourite knife at hand. :thumbsup:

Michael

Love that pen blade secondary. Great example. It needs to be used!

Very nice covers on that one for sure! I kinda felt the same way about that one armed barlow,even though its a relatively recent addition to my collection. It was unused,unsharpened minty fresh in a great pattern. But I came to the same conclusion that if I liked so much why not carry it and enjoy it! Sometimes "unwise" in a collective sense is wise for our soul. Sometimes I think its like owning an original 60's Shelby mustang, could I really fully appreciate it unless I drove it?
Thanks for the support! I’m feeling pretty good about the decision.

I'm guessing Cattaraugus and what a gem...mama
Thanks Gev! That’s a good close guess but it’s a Robeson. Cattaraugus and Robeson bones do look a lot alike sometimes. Your Saynor is so gooooood Gev! Always love seeing that knife.

Thanks Jj! Those are both fantastic Catts as well!
Going to carry this Elderberry Camel bone 77 while anticipating my new Amber sawcut's arrival.:cool:
oXvYYi5.jpg
Thanks Mark!!! You certainly have an outstanding 77 with lovely covers!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Black Stallion and a Case 1/2 whittler that I recently got off of the exchange in a lot.

RudDjyf.jpg
Great job Steve; looks very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A fine Case you make ;):):thumbsup: And thank you for the kind words on mine :D
W. Saynor stagalicious

14805930363_6ba61769b2_b.jpg
Thanks Gev!!! What a beauty you have today; loving the stag with the rattail bolsters, wow!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you my friend. Such beautiful jigging on the 70s Case bare head. Sweet looking Barlow.
New oldie
3d88f440-ca9d-4b1e-b8b5-dc619701551e-jpeg.1196212
Thanks Harvey!!! Your "New oldie" is an amazing example of a stag covered lamb; just awesome!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
I have to admit the Waynorth was only a stand-in to look pretty :p the actual worker was the wifes Victorinox :rolleyes::D
img_1632-jpg.1196288
Very cool Dave; if it slices well it's a knife worth using!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
JJ, the cut grooves on your barlow appear much more defined than mine, unless it’s an illusion. I think it gives it some character already. Is the barehead a re-handled Knife? If so, it looks exquisite, if not, it looks exquisite:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks @315!!! I've noticed the bone on this latest Case CV certainly does vary; the barehead jack has the original covers.:) Very cool:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: shot of your Imperial Frontier; one of my favorite old cutlers!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Going out for a walk with my lambsfoot, hopefully I meet "Chippy" again today.
oAXQag0.jpg
Wonderful series of images Dan; awesome how tame that lil fella is!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag copperhead:
stagch-mark-closed-jpg.1196544

Lambsfoot of the Week is a stag Ashley's Choice lambsfoot I call Cracker Jack:
cj-mark-vstand-lagoon-jpg.1196549
Great shots of your two stag covered beauties Gary!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gev! That’s a good close guess but it’s a Robeson. Cattaraugus and Robeson bones do look a lot alike sometimes. Your Saynor is so gooooood Gev! Always love seeing that knife.
Thats interesting as I was "on the fence" between Catt and Robeson, though my first impulse was Robeson based on the bolsters; quite a beauty Nick!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I really like the upper knife JJ.
The original or very early pattern eh, the very first ones had wooden handles?
Wonderful robust knife.

Michael

Thanks Michael! It's a soldier from 1957, prior to the Alox versions of the early 1960's the soldiers were all "bare head" designs and had the inventory "control stamp" that showed they passed the Swiss army inspection. The really old ones from the 1890's (oiled oak covers) or 1901 forward (fiber type plastic and later plastic covers) were somewhat larger, quite rare and highly sought after!

Last edited:
Lucy looks great Jack! Beautiful custom also.:cool:

Thanks a lot Mark :) :thumbsup:

Great pics of that lovely old IXL Harvey :) :thumbsup:

W. Saynor stagalicious

14805930363_6ba61769b2_b.jpg

Just smashing Gev :) :thumbsup:

I’m carrying my Ebony #35 Churchill and my Sambar Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot today! :D :thumbsup:

30803259088_5ee12ccfbc_b_d.jpg

Excellent pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag copperhead:
View attachment 1196544

Lambsfoot of the Week is a stag Ashley's Choice lambsfoot I call Cracker Jack:
View attachment 1196549

- GT

Fantastic pics Gary :) :thumbsup:

Erickson Swayback today.

Gorgeous Gary :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :) Rather lazily, I have just stuffed these two in my pockets again ;) :thumbsup:

zpkVKC5.jpg

DY1qm0I.jpg

Back