1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Sunday carry.

[​IMG]

2. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks Michael! It’s the only 72 I own and I sure was tickled pink when I found it. I’m always looking out for more of them! I hope you find a nice one someday.

Thanks for the nice words JJ and GT! Actually the swell is on the rise for the next couple days!

Gevonovich and Cutfinger like this.
  3. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Now that is funny!

I listened to Pretty Reckless yesterday, but on my iTunes, so no disruptions. Saw them a couple years ago, fun show. Pandora would have given me Phil Collins.

Seems whenever I used Pandora years ago, they related everything I listened to five degrees of Phil Collins. Ugh.

343DC8E7-3661-443B-99FE-E9717A662501.jpeg

4. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Yesterday was the Victorinox Soldier. Taught a couple of Hunter Ed classes with it in my pocket, then at the bar watching WSU give it away to UCLA.

Today is laundry day and it’s miserable outside so the Case gets to ride along.

[​IMG]

5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    This old Taylors Eye Witness on this rainy day .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

6. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Yeah, that Wazoo game was amazing!

IMHO Chip Kelly should be asking, "You want fries with that?", but the game was exciting!

Nice Photo! :)

315 likes this.
  7. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    20190922_135326-734x979.jpg

8. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Since about 10:30 when I bought it;)
    [​IMG]
    This was in my pocket when I left out this morning :thumbsup:

9. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Taylor, after church and lunch out I switched back to my new stag Stockyard.

[​IMG]

10. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    That is one fine looking pocketknife! OH

11. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    8A9BFFA0-C1A0-45F6-B9E8-8EB4FE77A8F8.jpeg 314796BD-D367-4AEC-AD09-8C4642B7AD66.jpeg 2DA58792-ABD8-4ABE-B87B-63BAEAA31199.jpeg

It astounds me how creative GEC has been and continues to be. What an amazing story. Who would have believed that a new traditional knife maker, beginning production at the same time many others were going bankrupt, would be so successful?!

12. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Fantastic 72° late summer day (more fall like, give it a day;)) spent most of the day outside with Nanc and our dogs at the medicine wheel, had a great workout then topped off with a reasonably sized (BIG) bowl of Nanc's home made chili:thumbsup:
    Cleaned up and just about to catch MNF:cool:

Had my brand spankin new 92 in my pocket and just caught an awesome sunset:cool::cool::cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    That is an exceptional knife, Paul !!

14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thank you Taylor, I meant to reply sooner but time seems to slip away:)

Thank you as well Gev:):thumbsup:

tmd_87 and Gevonovich like this.
  15. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  16. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Greg, if you are referring to Bill, he's been a knifemaker, beginning (and learning) with Queen, since 1975!! He developed into a skilled cutler, running the production, and being responsible for their (limited) success!! But having his ideas for the firm steamrolled until, he finally quit for the third time in 2006, he started GEC!!! I guess he's showed them his ideas were sound!!! He's a talented cutler AND a talented businessman!!!:thumbsup:

17. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I think Monday's going to be mini trapper day
    [​IMG]

18. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Bruce, thank you!

Old Hunter likes this.
  19. volta001

volta001 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Pulled this 77 Ironwood out of the safe and hasn’t left my pockets the past few weeks.
    41B5D3A9-B05F-4506-880A-DACE4E35F68E.jpeg

20. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks for that educational insight into military Sheffield cutlery; as a youngster I thought all tableware was from Sheffield, as that was all I saw! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    It seemed to be a similar name to the Canittler.:D Thanks Gary; I really enjoy all the many patterns and iterations that Imperial did over their long history. It seems that both Imperial and Camillus really came on strong in the Post WWII period. Btw, when I was young I was a huge Kurt Vonnegut Fan; great background to your cool Alox electrician, great choices!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Certainly Harvey; I am looking forward to your wonderful photographic skills when you capture your new arrival!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Very cool Nick; maybe your 72 assuaged the surf gods!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: