What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

48782273561_f03aa5d960_o_d.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Exceptional image of your HH Barlow, Jack.:thumbsup:

@JJ Cahill - Your Remington and Camillus are gorgeous.

So JJ...I came across this Robeson, never hearing the name before seeing your fabulous collection. It stood out, because it had all the touches I like. After acquiring it, I researched it, having been led to believe that it was manufactured somewhere between 1896 and 1899(because of the tang stamp). It wouldn’t have mattered when, because, I simply fell for it. Thank you.
87A8D271-CF69-4ECE-BEC3-4C535ABB51A0.jpeg

3B46BCF2-D19F-4859-AF1C-497C2DED2676.jpeg
EADD0F1F-830B-44F5-8D2B-2DA86538B345.jpeg

C74507ED-28BE-4AEB-A1E0-44CC0C3E620E.jpeg

5453DDEA-38ED-4446-925B-680FA08C7E13.jpeg

Fight'n Rooster 4-blade canoe:
gunboat-mark-4open-bath-jpg.1199786

Nice, GT.

Great pair Stuart; how many limes did you skin?:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Friday was overwhelming with the wonderful traditional knives on this thread! My Saturday totes will be be a 4 bladed BB Winchester slicer and a 1946-56 Imperial toothpick.:)

Thanks, JJ. No limes were skinned nor sliced by me, but service did seem to pick up when I balanced those blades on the bar. Those competing beauties are so luminous in your photo. Bravo!!

233 & 881Y Schrades
7299b016-e0b3-484c-a48b-20dad7d38332-jpeg.1199980

Al they need to be and no more. Just right, Jeff.

A couple of oldies today

Happy Saturday everyone ! :thumbsup:

fSqZK9U.jpg

3GUeNBn.jpg

Wow, Steve! Those are so cool. A couple of real classics.

We're headed to the rocky mountains for vacation, and I thought it appropriate to take this favorite little gem with me as my main knife.

I smile every time that I see your posts of Old patchy, Paul. He truly is a gem.

I’m cooking a pot of chili and watching SEC Football today with these two Stag friends along for the day!

You certainly were sitting pretty, Ron.

A Case sowbelly stockman and Case teardrop.

Both are nice, Dean, and that porkbelly is especially handsome.

Pretty potent Primble, Gev. They sure made some fine knives.

It's taken from the NAAFI knife made in Sheffield post-WW2 :thumbsup:

xWBKhpl.jpg

A great looking EDC, Jack, and thanks for the subsequent pictorial and tutorial on the knife, it's cousins, and their historical context.

Worked today, so I figured these would help whittle away the time. Couple of Germans dressed stag. Henkels on top and a Kissing Cranes on bottom.

Those are some well cared for knives, David, and some pretty slick word play. Kudos.

Fine looking pen, Josh, but I'm really taken by your 43 year old Queen utility knife. Looks great.

Love for the 72 is going strong.

I can't blanm you, Nick. It's a real beauty and you show it well.

Lean and mean slicing machine, Stuart!

Sowbelly of the Week is a Rough Rider model with smooth tobacco bone covers:
tobacco-sow-mark-closed-jpg.1200316

Stockman of the Week is a Schrade 897UH (thanks, Dean):
897uh-dean-mark-vstand-patiio-jpg.1200317

Thanks, GT. I like both of those bodacious choices.

Both are staggeringly beautiful, Harry.

D Duckdog - That Eldon Courtney Custom is a real charmer, Stuart.

Thanks, Harvey.

Today's totes are a couple of pocket friendly pre WWII Robeson knives.:)

Sunk joints make for some sleek knives and that is a slick pair there in fabulous condition, JJ. Thank for sharing them.

Your picture brightened my day, José. Thanks.

Boy, Steve, another impressive pair of handsome old long pulls. Well done, pal.

Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Electrician (thanks, Greg):
electrician-sfbooks-jpg.1200585

One of my favorites, too, GT.

Nice pair! I'm enjoying a double punch Sunday.
BvS7Qf1.jpg

That's a nice punch pair there, too, r8shell.

This one is a repeat from Saturday! It’s such a good apple slicer I know I’ll be needing it again! I hope y’all have a blessed Sunday! :)

48542834036_5318b6ee2e_o_d.jpg

Ron, while you were slicing apples indoors, I was sweating through a power washing of my top deck. I developed quite a patina by the end, but not as attractive as the one on your lambfoot.

- Stuart

The Pattada is a gift from a friend in Paris!! And he helped me order the Mozetta! I am carrying them both today to remind me of  and his wonderful family!!

A delightful duo, Charlie. and what a nice story behind them.

My Monday totes are a couple from Remington; an R2215 jack with yellow "pyremite" covers from the 1930s and an R1225 big jack that was made by Camillus (#23 pattern) post WWII.:)

Really fine stuff, JJ. Again.

Hitting the road in about an hour, out of state sales meeting for the week, going with my old tried and true Case Medium Stockman. If I am lucky I will find a place to fit in a bit of fishing while in upstate SC (I'm prepared!) OH

Nice old Case, Bruce. Travel safely and I hope that you get to wet a line.

Nice old PAL with you, Jeff.

Case and Churchill today

I like both of them, Steve.

Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you are having one already, my friend.

S&M Harness Jack SFO by Mr. Campagna. Very well made.

ilXvpnh.jpg

That's a beauty, Tim. Singular.

- Stuart

It's hot and humid here, again, so I picked out some stainless to tote and took Loki for a walk.

1VUyhOr.jpg

yFCEpQ1.jpg

Now that we're back, he's resting indoors and I finishing up power washing our decks. Just living the dream!

Recycled pics because Loki was too excited for me to get clear photos.
- Stuart
Stuart, Loki is a very good lookin pup, what a face!!!:) nice combo for your day's carry:thumbsup: hope the heat clears out soon, up north it is absolutely wonderful temp wise, mid 70's for the next few days, I LOVE the fall:thumbsup:

You certainly were sitting pretty, Ron.

Ron, while you were slicing apples indoors, I was sweating through a power washing of my top deck. I developed quite a patina by the end, but not as attractive as the one on your lambfoot.

- Stuart
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! :) I would rather be slicing apples than power washing any day of the week Stuart! I can just imagine that patina buddy! ;) :eek:

It's hot and humid here, again, so I picked out some stainless to tote and took Loki for a walk.

1VUyhOr.jpg

yFCEpQ1.jpg

Now that we're back, he's resting indoors and I finishing up power washing our decks. Just living the dream!

- Stuart
That’s a great looking combo Stuart! Loki looks like he’s in control of the situation! :thumbsup: :D

1VUyhOr.jpg

yFCEpQ1.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks for the comments Stuart and a great pic of Loki, he's a handsome boy ! !

Back