What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Before the frost.
P70HYz6.jpg

My Watchpocket Knife this week is an LF&C pen knife with celluloid covers (thanks, Mark):
lf&c.deckrail.jpg

Big Knife this week isn't really very big, but it is kind of long. It's a Rough Rider smooth tobacco bone improved muskrat:
imp.musk.pile.open.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is this Schrade whittler (thanks, TsarBomba):
whit.mark.open.jpg

- GT

My rather odd pairing for the day...
1kiOzC9.jpg
Beautiful swedged spear on your AGR, and the Case Clasp Knife is a glorious sight to behold. Why do we see so few of those on the porch?

I see you joined just this Tuesday, so allow me to welcome you.
Can I assume you are the Rose to your husband the Thistle?

I just said to my wife that I wish she’d carry a knife in her pocket and join BF.
She showed me her fake pocket that’s sewed shut.:eek: I gave her a Vic Classic for her key ring. She took it off. :(I gave her a Leatherman for her purse ~ she cleaned out her purse and stuck the Leatherman down into the console compartment.:rolleyes:

Lately I'm liking this sort of flat regular jack quite a lot.
yT97EAB.jpg
Makes two of us my friend!

"I see you joined just this Tuesday, so allow me to welcome you.
Can I assume you are the Rose to your husband the Thistle?"

Yes, I am the Rose to the Thistle, though Josh reminds me that roses have larger thorns then thistles.
Funny story on the wife, I feel undressed if I don't have a knife, not sure how anyone feels right without one.

Last edited:
Knockout duo, as always, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The bolster stamp on the French knife is beguiling; do you know if it signifies anything about the knife or maker or region?
Thank you Gary!!! The bolster stamp is known as the Camargue Cross from that beautiful region of southern France; it signifies Faith, Hope. and Charity (Cross-Anchor-Heart) and was designed in 1924.:D
Old Cam 4 line in cocobolo, much later TL-29 modded into a single blade jack in yellow bone, and what used to be a Nicholson file and elk antler dog chews...

a776ae0c-6a6d-4fd3-8d68-28e010fd9f7a-jpeg.1207314
I'm constantly amazed at the amazing cutlery pieces your able to modify and make; very cool Jeff:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
stillness of stoicism
in the midst

46943848352_4ab1f0dbfd_b.jpg
Wonderful words that perfectly describe your beautiful image of an amazing knife Gev!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
08-A5-C9-B3-95-D2-4-E40-853-E-FB3919890-A79.jpg

A42-A1838-D7-DD-461-B-94-FE-C83-C821-DCDCC.jpg

The beer is a twist off so the Vic Recruit just gets to watch....
I'd say your fishing trip is outstanding so far; quite the tuna haul!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Before the frost.
P70HYz6.jpg
Great shot of your new Eureka jack Dave; definitely a marvelous pattern!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very cool Schrade sleeveboard pen Nick; quite amazing covers on that beauty!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Watchpocket Knife this week is an LF&C pen knife with celluloid covers (thanks, Mark):
lf-c-deckrail-jpg.1207654

Big Knife this week isn't really very big, but it is kind of long. It's a Rough Rider smooth tobacco bone improved muskrat:
imp-musk-pile-open-jpg.1207655

Miscellaneous Knife this week is this Schrade whittler (thanks, TsarBomba):
whit-mark-open-jpg.1207661
Yet another terrific trifecta Gary; your LF&C is certainly quite special with that super swage!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks JJ. Love that long in the tooth calf roper.
Thanks again for your kind words Harvey!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Old Friends Friday, I'm totin' some old skeletons from a recently uncovered box in my basement, both 3": an Empire with stainless steel handle (1856-1930) and a Joseph Rogers ("Cutlers to His Majesty") with nickel silver handle (1875-1900).

wGUZPWL.jpg
I almost forgot these two extraordinary elder statesmen; at around 100 years old, they look almost brand new!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back