What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Pair with pinched bolsters today.

ki5lqCG.jpg

My two totes for today will be a couple of German stag covered cutters; a Puma hunter from the early 80s and a Bulldog Brand large 5 bladed stockman from the 90s.:)
Two gorgeous Stag hafted Knives, JJ. GREAT image. The tiny serrations on the Hunter makes it extra special.

@5K Qs - Thank you Gary. Most of the oldies will be carried, but used sparingly. The TEW is no exception. Also, regarding knives, my preference is for single blades. The TEW is comfortable enough, but not ideal. It does feel great in hand, though.

Today, I'm totin' a Crown Cutlery Coke bottle hunter (1916-1919) in jigged bone and a Michael Tison small folder (1979) in requisite Stagurday stag along with me as I tote this Savage 99E (1964) in slightly distressed wood to a friend's farm to try some new .308 Win ammo. Although we are still in a drought, fair Fall weather has graced us today (low scudding clouds, seen reflected in the Crown hunter's blade, are now dispersed).

CYYtJsX.jpg

I hope that all y'all have a great weekend.
- Stuart

Wow, Stuart, your Crown Cutlery Coke bottle hunter is the crème de la crème of folding hunters!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Enjoy your shooting. :D

I love (and totally endorse) your description of the Vic electrician!

- GT
Thanks! I think others have noticed the similarity, too. Actually, when I bought it, I'd never heard of a cattle knife. I was just looking for a really rugged stockman and this looked pretty close. As it turns out I don't carry it a lot - as a stockman I miss the pen/spey blade and as a SAK I miss the phillips/can opener.

I wish my leaves looked like that this year. Come to think of it, I wish my knives looked like that! Really nice colors and perfect backdrop for the knife!
Thank you, my friend, actually, I feel fortunate as we had a foot of snow this time last week (gone now) which usually turns them brown. :)

Back