What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lovely Keen Kutter, Steve.

- Stuart

Thanks !

Speaking of Belknap Hardware Co,. I feel compelled to tote this one around today.

CsIZ3Gr.jpg

LK2KbNc.jpg

cOGScIk.jpg

- Stuart

Great looking Barlow !

That's a very positive attitude :) :thumbsup:

Those pair well together Steve :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Stuart :) Yes, there's been a lot of serious flooding along the Don. York is at the confluence of the Rivers Ouse and Foss, and usually one of the first places to flood, but so far the worst flooding has been further south. Hope you're having a great weekend my friend :thumbsup:

thycXzJ.jpg

Thanks Jack and nice pic !

That lovely old knife is mighty lucky to have fallen into the right pair of loving hands. Congratulations, r8shell, and thanks saving another worthy worker.
Thank you. I'm really, really happy to have found it.
Mine too, her favourites were 'chocolate limes' and 'Victory V's, you don't see much of either here anymore. Nice newbie Rachel ;) :thumbsup:
Butterscotch or raspberry are the best. She also had bowls of "coffee nibs" which were some sort of nasty grown-up candy. o_O

Thanks Jack and nice pic !

Thanks Steve :)

Butterscotch or raspberry are the best. She also had bowls of "coffee nibs" which were some sort of nasty grown-up candy. o_O

I'm not sure I'd ever heard of coffee nibs before today. When I went for my lunch in York, they were a little late opening, and I was looking in the window of the traditional sweet shop next door. Have you ever tried them?

I'm not sure I'd ever heard of coffee nibs before today. When I went for my lunch in York, they were a little late opening, and I was looking in the window of the traditional sweet shop next door. Have you ever tried them?
I remember they were very small, and wrapped in little twists of foil paper. Not too sweet, with a very strong coffee flavor. As a kid, they were a last choice candy, but I imagine I might like them now.

The Eureka's have quickly become my favorite pattern. Just ordered the TFG Micarta so I'll have all six from this run. Guess I'll have to start looking for previous run knives now. Your collection is awesome!

This is my favorite carry ...
0UFFKsu.jpg
Thank you @AnW ! There's a lot of great patterns out there, but this one checks off more boxes than any other - for me anyway. Perfect size, two useful blades, versatile blade combo, and in a very attractive package. And the wrap around spring and half stops are icing on the cake.

I do prefer the coping blade to be on the mark side like the older models, but that's partly because I have gotten used to it being there on my users. I absolutely understand why they changed it, and have no complaints.

To be honest though, this new run compares well to the 2013 run. There's not a bad one in the bunch, and the camel bone contends for the nicest regular production 92 they've made yet!

You picked a great pattern to like!

Last edited:
Wow, JJ, they look like they are new.
Other than your posts, I've not seen a BB Winchester clad in abalone, JJ. Excellent!
Speaking of Belknap Hardware Co,. I feel compelled to tote this one around today.
CsIZ3Gr.jpg
Thanks Stuart; I think the bone covered Robeson was "cleaned" before I received it, the other came as if it were never used and only dropped once!:D Thanks again, those were the first abalone BB Wins I'd seen, as well!
Excellent old Belknap Barlow; that's a very pristine specimen, cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:D :thumbsup: right back at you Jack; lovely knife with a wonderful view!!!

Last edited:
Back