1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Oh, that’s so pretty. , mine is one of his basic with slab micarta scales, but the grind is as only Bob does, such a nice acute grind it gives it a nice hollow ground diamond cross section.

[​IMG]

The mechanic in me just loves the wrench shield :) .

2. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Absolutely no regrets about pulling the trigger on this one. :) carry - 1.jpg

3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Absolutely loving these two. My first two GECs, and they are perfect.
    [​IMG]

4. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm totin' a Case Slim-Line Trapper and a Case Texas Jack, both coated in pocket lint, as all good users are.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

5. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Totin’ Old School! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    TFBraden, Pt-Luso, peanutsxx and 35 others like this.
  6. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Jack!!! A couple of Barlow beauties for you on this fine day!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Very cool old Keen Kutter Gev!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Wonderful old pair of TEWs for TEWsday Harry!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you Harvey!!! Quite the majestic old lamb you have today; loving the rattail bolsters!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    My two totes for Wednesday are wearing wood; a Buck 110 5160 and a pre WWII Robeson TL-29. :)
    [​IMG]

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you JJ, looks like you're armed for bear today my friend ;) Very nice :thumbsup:

Morning folks, today the unfortunate inhabitants of my neighbouring Northern English county of Lancashire are celebrating Lancashire Day, so I shall be standing in solidarity with their plight ;) Happy Lancashire Day to @donn and any of our other members from the Red Rose County :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Along with my Hartshead Barlow, doffing a flat-cap to the cotton-mills of Lancashire, I'll be carrying a traditional Tackler's Knife made by Wheatley Brothers of Sheffield, in Yorkshire ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Have a good day folks :) :thumbsup:

9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks so much for the info, Gary.;)
    I've been searching and found the Marbles canoe.:):thumbsup:

Duckdog likes this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with this unbranded German knife.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

11. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Congratulations. Great first choices.

12. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @Peregrin Agree Gary, Italy is a fantastic place on many levels (and it's not dark all theme like here at the moment :eek:) you are lucky to have a large Italian community in the US -and it's not all a scene from a Scorcese film either ;). Agree about a good tavern too :D Dr.Johnson is a rich seam of un PC attitudes at times, I had a Scottish colleague some years back and I liked to tease her with Johnson's Scotophobia "The finest view a Scotchman sees Sir, is the High Road to England!" But Johnson admired the Jacobite uprisings in 15 & 45 and respected Scottish learning, St.Andrew's being a University that pre-dates one of my alter maters, Oxford:cool:

Here's a Fox n Hound Italian lockback in Stag

[​IMG]

13. Eversharp!

Eversharp! Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Hey JOELSM, is that the AG Russell moose? Pondered on that knife for a while. Never did pull the trigger. It is a good lookin, nice size knife.

14. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Puma small folder with a pocket watch my middle daughter gifted me a few years ago, neither expensive, but both pretty handy ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

15. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  16. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    To a NYC person, there's NYC and "Upstate", which is everywhere else.
    [​IMG]
    I had just the SAK on my belt for the ER yesterday, though they still don't have metal detectors.
    Looks like I've got diverticulitis, and I'll be on a non-alcohol clear liquid diet for Thanksgiving. I'm not that wild about turkey anyway, fortunately.
    [​IMG]
    That's better.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    TFBraden, Bigburly912, 315 and 18 others like this.
  17. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    It's been too long since I've carried this well travelled old beauty. Still tight, snaps smoothly and cuts well.

IMG_5931.jpg IMG_5932.jpg

18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Hope you feel better soon, Jer.

scrteened porch and cigarrodog like this.
  19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Two of my favourites:
    [​IMG]
    Schrade Scrimshaw stockman, 1982; amber bone Case Trapper. American classics. Five blades!

20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks. I should be feeling better in two or three days of the antibiotics, and if not, I have a follow-up with my own doctor Friday.

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.