What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sowbelly Stockman this week is a Rough Rider tobacco bone:
tobacco.sow.mark.closed.jpg

Regular Stockman this week is a Ganzo (thanks, Dave), which is a Buck 303 clone:
ganzo.mark.closed.jpg

Plain Canoe this week is a Colt buckshot bone canoe (thanks, @GasMan1):
bsbcanoe.mark.2open.jpg

Fancy Canoe this week is a Rodgers Wostenholm gunboat canoe (thanks, Tony):gunNKCA.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Thanks pal :) I'll be out of the house early tomorrow, so I'll take this opportunity to wish all our US members a very Happy Thanksgiving, have a fantastic holiday folks :) :thumbsup:

I thought I'd carry a nice American Barlow, along with my Sheffield Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

r4M8nH7.jpg

lDl77vD.jpg

We’re visiting our daughter in DC for Thanksgiving. This Waynorth Jigged Bone Lambsfoot was one of several knives I left here on my last trip. It’s been in my pocket today. I hope y’all have a great holiday. :)

48682571721_b84360c234_o_d.jpg

A 1994 Case Select Stag Whittler, just an awesome knife in every aspect:thumbsup:
AZ4jy0.jpg

2Vw5E3.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone:)
KB58vf.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to the members of the Porch here at Blade Forums. I hope each of you has a peaceful day with family or friends, and that you get a chance to relax and reflect. I have pulled out my ceremonial pocketknife for tomorrow - we will travel inland a short hour and a half to my sister's home for our big, family Thanksgiving dinner. I won this Case 5318 Medium Stockman here on the Porch in Primbles Great Kentucky Derby GAW several years ago. It only goes into my pocket for weddings, anniversaries, reunions, Christmas, Thanksgiving, funerals, and other special occasions. Don't know if you are still out there Primble, but thanks again - wonderful knife! In thanksgiving, OH
Case-5318-SS-Medium-Stockman-1992-1.jpg

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving Day to my fellow Americans
kGKGIRY.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!
View attachment 1240323
TEW & GEC
View attachment 1240322 Gratuitous action shot from yesterday. Two fifteen pounders smoked long and slow over hickory and apple wood.View attachment 1240324

View attachment 1240329 Hope everyone has a great day with family and friends!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on the Porch.
Going to carry "my knife" today. If I tell my kids to get "my knife", they know exactly which one to grab.
Today's a day for being thankful, spending time with family, watching football, and eating too much good food. Hope it's a good one for all of you.

To my Porch friends in the United States I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! To all my Porch friends around the world, I wish you a blessed day! I’m blessed to be spending the holiday with my family! I only have a few knives with me today and I’ve chosen this one for the pocket on Thanksgiving! :)

48332462797_1a2426502e_o_d.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope your day is filled with fun, family, friends and good food! We have a lot to be thankful for.
I just filled the bird feeders and threw a scoopful of seed on the ground for the wild turkeys. I feed them and today, one of their domesticated relatives, many times removed, feeds my family. Seems fair to me!
4rtz4WT.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. For those abroad in other countries, happy Thursday:D
Just looked down and realized this Remington could possibly be useful today.

DA58986-C-3519-434-D-A19-B-EAFAA0-CB1-B57.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and nice knives! :thumbsup:

Today I carried this little spearpoint #25 that I call my “BigBiscuit Special.” It’s one of my favorite knives. :)

HDNfU53.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

PSA ~ cook fowl / pork to a minimum of 160 degrees for it to be safe to eat. Turkey was 15 lbs and cooked faster than I thought. Gotta be careful, don't want dry breasts! The boston butt weighed about half as much but took twice as long to get to tender temp of 194. Injected with apple juice it is something to be thankful for! Used GEC SS kitchen knife during prep, cooked in Cookshack PG500 pellet smoker.

2019turkey-1.jpg

2019porkbutt-1.jpg

Those are some good looking meats there, Chief! I want to try smoking a Boston butt (pulled pork is probably my favorite BBQ meat), but all I’ve got is a Weber kettle grill. I know it can be done, I just haven’t tried it yet.

My Thursday totes a a couple Schatt & Morgan slicers, a large stockman and a rope cutter; both adequate should I encounter a turkey. :)
Thank you JJ.Two standout knives. Your Stag S&M Rope knife is the bee’s knees.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. The tang and knife is a Chris Johnson. Old. Your Marbles demo replica is a beautiful design. Your Canoe Armada rules.:)

I hope you can clear up that infection ASAP, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Doesn't turkey soup have fabled recuperative benefits?
I'm feeling better finally.
It wasn't so bad not eating when I was alone in the house, but with people around and food available, it sure was hard to resist. I have leftovers all ready in the hope that my doctor will let me eat tomorrow.
It was a great day even without Mom. I'm thankful for her and thankful to her for all her offspring and their consorts.
I ended up carving the turkey with a Cattaraugus and a Rada.
BGrvkrX.jpg

Thank you, JJ!! A fine and capable pair you share !! And did I mention...good looking :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly Gev!!!
Two beauties there, I love that Rope Knife :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you very much kind Sir!!!
Thank you JJ.Two standout knives. Your Stag S&M Rope knife is the bee’s knees.
Thanks a lot Harvey; I think your tasty shot from yesterday supercharged my appetite today!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
tobacco-sow-mark-closed-jpg.1240647

Regular Stockman this week is a Ganzo (thanks, Dave), which is a Buck 303 clone:
ganzo-mark-closed-jpg.1240648

bsbcanoe-mark-2open-jpg.1240655

Fancy Canoe this week is a Rodgers Wostenholm gunboat canoe (thanks, Tony):
gunnkca-mark-open-jpg.1240657
Quite the fancy foursome for you today Gary; I believe your Gunboat falls into the "Big Steel" category too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1240647

View attachment 1240648

View attachment 1240655

Fancy Canoe this week is a Rodgers Wostenholm gunboat canoe (thanks, Tony):View attachment 1240657

- GT

Excellent line-up GT :) :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and nice knives! :thumbsup:

Today I carried this little spearpoint #25 that I call my “BigBiscuit Special.” It’s one of my favorite knives. :)

HDNfU53.jpg

Those are some good looking meats there, Chief! I want to try smoking a Boston butt (pulled pork is probably my favorite BBQ meat), but all I’ve got is a Weber kettle grill. I know it can be done, I just haven’t tried it yet.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Barrett, likewise our other US members :) Hope everyone else has had a good week too, and that we all have a fantastic weekend :) :thumbsup:

Qi7f3Gp.jpg

qm61Otv.jpg

After waiting all year I finally bought two Case Barlows in red bone. I have been wanting a Barlow for years and even asked Case to make them again. Money has been tight and I didn't jump right away. The wait paid off and I'm replacing my usual Texas Jack and Peanut with a Barlow. Love the pattern even more now.

Back